• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

isothrow disc golf training device?

This product is a cool invention, props to the guy.

Not to undermine his business venture, but you could achieve pretty much the same results with the resistance bands you get from a PT place. I subluxed my shoulder in Dec '08 and did PT exercises with it attached to a door handle.

The only thing I disagree with, and let me clarify I'm speaking only from experience and personal training (I'm not a doctor), is HOW he's doing the exercise:

I wouldn't take the bands at full slack and start a throwing motion even close to full speed, especially if you're older. You're asking to pop something out of joint or strain those muscles if your arm gets tired and gives out mid-repetition. Then you're out for weeks.

i made a poll bout this a week or so ago...
i think its more funny than anything...
if i see this guy out on the course i would be LOL'ing with my boys hhaha
its neat, but i think theres better ways to do it, i'd build and not buy is what i'm sayin

but props for the effort, it obviously wouldn't hurt, but not sure it would help either
if it was on tv for an infomercial it'd be bought, used for a week or so, and sit in the closet with the other "get fit quick" items..

Ha I always laught at these. I was an excercise science major and personal trainer, now physical education teacher and avid disc golfer.

the reason I laugh is there is a product similar to this in ou area invented by a local pro called The Equalizer. the product above is much more sophisticated but essentially the same thing and yes as many of you have stated it basically is a PT band with "extras".

The science is incorrect and im guessing has little research to back it.

You absolutely can get the same if not better results just throwing discs in a field. disc golf is a form and technique sport. If you watched the recent feldberg putting clinic youll hear him say they take kids new to the sport and over little time the kids can throw a shark out to 350...

Oh brother. I hope nobody wastes any money on that. Why only go through the motions when you can actually spend time throwing plastic to get better?

I had the same idea for this kind of device about ten years ago, I used to tell friends about my idea and ask them if they thought it would sell. I was too lazy to implement it.

Oh brother. I hope nobody wastes any money on that. Why only go through the motions when you can actually spend time throwing plastic to get better?

Well you would not have to chase your disc. Like an earlier post I would not put my full force into it but, if you use a slow controlled motion. You would do two things. Strengthen your arm as well as build muscle memory. For when you are ready to unleash your arm at the course.

As far as if I would take it to the course. More then likely not but, I would use it at home.

I was watching the DGM 95 vid and Feldberg mentioned using one of these not so much as a strengthening/toning device but b/c it would tell you when you're pulling off-line (rounding) by straining your muscles.

Thinking about rigging something up.

I've got some resistance bands somewhere in a drawer from when i messed up my shoulder years ago.
a few a varying resistance.
let us know if you rig something up Dave.

I was watching the DGM 95 vid and Feldberg mentioned using one of these not so much as a strengthening/toning device but b/c it would tell you when you're pulling off-line (rounding) by straining your muscles.

Thinking about rigging something up.
I've heard/read about something similar where you take a champ/Z disc (nothing less durable will work) and drill a hole in the center. Then you take some resistance band, put it through the hole, and tie a stopper-type knot (figure 8, overhand, stopper knot, etc.) and tie the other end to a stable post disc-high. Then you practice your throwing motion to see if the disc is getting off-line.

Good luck, and photos please.

Latest posts