• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Its all in your head......

Damn, with that tunnel I'd just assume I'm gonna snag a tree and then let her fly.

that tunnel is nuts... i would love to see you tube vids of pros going at it.

I would expect to hit that maybe 1-300 times... so me re-creating shots would hardly bother me on that one

Ha I just played that Saturday...you know what is worse than the tunnel? The friggin roots!!

I played it cool and shot a nice low shot with my rock-it about 70' or so...I figured I could get there in 2 because it isn't a super long shot. Sails nice and straight, middle of the tiny fairway, hits the ground, slides and careens off a root down the damn side of the hill...

Finally get back on the fairway and take my second (real) shot...this time screw it...hits another damn root and careens off down the hill.

Damn that hole....that's all I got to say. ;)

Wow, with that tunnel I wouldn't be able to decide wether to use a driver or just take two mide-range shots.

Seems like if you can stay accurate and consistent, distance isn't as important.

Bingo. Someone (I'm not sure who) on here explained it the best I've heard so far. "It doesn't matter if you're 50 feet to the side of the pin, or 50 feet short, you're still 50 feet out." (paraphrased)

Meaning (at least to me) accuracy is just as (if not more) important as distance.

i used to play better drunk....i guess bc i didnt care as much about my throws...now i play sober all the time, and when i do drink i griplock like a mofo....guess its just that delayed reaction :)

I think my mental block changes regularly. Today for some reason, putting into the wind was my killer. Almost had my first round under fifty and then missed two par putts on the last three holes putting into the wind.

My biggest problem with confidence is with the area between putting and approach. I start to second guess myself and just start saying "atleast put it close". I end up doing just that instead of just going for the basket and trying to make it. I'm worried that if I go for the basket I will miss and miss bad giving myself a tough next shot.

WIND!!! :mad: The wind blows! :rolleyes: I always seem to overthink the wind instead of just throwing. Doesn't matter if it's at my back, in my face or a cross wind. I have however gotten a bit better just forgetting the wind and throwing. It makes a big difference when I just play.

Mine would have to be throwing near cars/roads because I always tense up trying to make sure I dont hit anything or throw it into the road

my biggest block is throwing in a narrow fairway. I am so scared of dinking a tree and going in the woods, i underthrow it and dont get nearly enough distance

Latest posts