• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jacquard iDye Poly -- Rit Replacement

@sp I haven't used silk screening on a disc yet, but I'd imagine it'd work just fine with the right mixture. The color intensifier might also work as a base, it's thick and goopy. I'd be curious to see more on trying silk screening on a disc.

@Bennett Green is the only color I haven't had much success with. It seemed like RIT dark green, really just came out dark, not much green. I need to try it very diluted still, that might help. I have had success painting with blue/yellow mixed. I've been using about 2 parts yellow:1 part blue. Haven't tried it with a hot dip yet, but it should work, just need to play around with the ratios to get a solid formula.

Well our club plans on purchasing a machine soon to do our shirts etc which I have done before. I will definitely be experimenting with some discs and will let you know the results

I have had trouble with the orange also, but found if you get it to a higher temp it will come out darker. Same goes for the yellow. Marbling with both those colors is an eight hour job minimum to get a good color.

I just used the orange and it was not as dark/vibrant an orange I was hoping for. It did dye fast though.

going to be doing my first dye soon. I will be useing this dye. How long did you dip it for and was this the bears dye you posted in anouther thread?

going to be doing my first dye soon. I will be useing this dye. How long did you dip it for and was this the bears dye you posted in anouther thread?

The bears dye was Rit tangerine. Here is the idye orange. I dipped it for 20-25 minutes but I am pretty sure it was this dark after 5-10 minutes. It looks better in the picture than it does in person.

IMG_4995-1.jpg

This is my first dye using purple iDye, but turned out pretty black. Might as well ask while I'm typing already if any of you know why it seemed to bleed a little on almost every edge, like little fibers. (especially on the feathers) I used a magic cover clear vinyl, from hobby lobby, and it didn't seem sticky enough. Maybe too hot? Any help is appreciated
IMG_0729.jpg

I had a couple of minor bleeds that I am really irritated about.

hard to even notice, but I understand your frustration with the work you put into it. someday i'm going to attempt the Illini logo but I've got to get a few dyes under my belt before I try it.

I just got some iDye poly today. I got green and blue and am excited about trying them out. My GF had a coupon for $5, so it was only like a dollar for two packs.

first time dyer here (sorry for the stupidity)

can you use this to dye the entire disc one color?
will the stamp be legible?

first time dyer here (sorry for the stupidity)

can you use this to dye the entire disc one color?
will the stamp be legible?

Yes, you can dye the whole disc one color, and if you leave the stamp on, it will be visible. The dye will have no effect on it. Here's a pic of one I did, leaving the stamp on. Another thing you can do is dye it with the stamp on, then take the stamp off, leaving a "ghost" stamp, which can also look cool.
DSCN9109.jpg
[/IMG]

Latest posts