• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Jawbreaker Plastic?

WANTED
firmer jawbreaker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WANTED EVEN MORE

Jawbreaker Buzzz with Ed Edd n Eddy stamp!!

latest

Jawbreaker is now my go to putting/approach plastic but if you power it up and catch an early tree it WILL buckle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. I made the mistake of driving with one, bashed a tree, and now it has a god awful wave in it. I can't putt with it anymore.

I have ten of them and my pink ones are firmer than the other colors. Not sure why. I bought them at vastly different times and places so unlikely the same run.

Ok so how easily is JB dried after getting wet? I'm getting a JB Wasp from a friend eventually and want to know if I should pick up a couple DX Rocs or if an X Comet would pair well with my JB Wasp. I have a DX Roc3 to slot between them.

Same (relatively speaking) as X/DX/D. I played a rainy round on Saturday with a virgin JB Buzzz and didn't even bother wiping it off. I'm typically a decent weather or better queen, bitch and moan about my poor footing in the mud, how my grip is compromised, and how I should have just stayed home (in my head mostly). Not snow or the day after it rained, just during. Didn't skip a beat with my trusty old friend the Buzzz.

Little background: long time Buzzz thrower, first time JB thrower. I'll do any other sport or activity in terrible weather but for whatever reason rainy disc golf has my number and upsets/angers me drastically more than it should.

JBuzzz was awesome. Aside from rubber [Vibram] I'm not sure any plastic is marginally better while wet.

Last edited:
Lol. I meant everything I said but there's definitely some booze in ^that statement of mine.

How does the mint green jawbreaker plastic mold up? I have a orange zone that is pretty firm, which I like.
I am looking at either a light blue or mint green Roach and wondering which molds up firmer

How does the mint green jawbreaker plastic mold up? I have a orange zone that is pretty firm, which I like.
I am looking at either a light blue or mint green Roach and wondering which molds up firmer

I've tried several different molds in Jawbreaker in different colors, and I've found no correlation between color and disc firmness. Now there could've been a run in a color that by coincidence molded up differently than normal, but it would not be because of the color...

I've tried several different molds in Jawbreaker in different colors, and I've found no correlation between color and disc firmness. Now there could've been a run in a color that by coincidence molded up differently than normal, but it would not be because of the color...

Interesting and good to know. There is a difference with MVP Electron. Different colors cool at different rates and that is anough to make a difference is some blends.

Thanks

I have two JB Banger GTs, one I like a lot which is softish but not floppy and nice grip, the other I don't which is flimsier and too slippery.

Anybody drive a Jawbreaker into a tree yet? My ProD and Soft X Banger GTs taco after one hit. :mad:

Sorry for a multi-year necro bump:

I got a few of the latest batch of Jawbreaker Banger GTs. I like to only carry a few discs when I can, so I drove, approached and putted with the same bangers. Instead of just leaving some on the shelf, I grabbed a random pair every time I went out over the last couple months.

I have hit... a lot of trees. I know they've lost some stability (none have tacod though). But I didn't keep one fresh to compare against. So now I can't really tell how fast they are wearing in. (It's a first world problem I know.). Just from my fuzzy memory it seems like these are cycling too fast to be cost effective off the tee. (They don't seem to have much fade left on approaches, without throwing them pretty darn nose up...)

I'd like to snag a new one to compare, but I haven't been able to find a fresh one at retail around here, and I don't want to order 1-2 discs from Discraft if I can help it.

Did you (or anyone else here) end up driving with the jawbreaker bangers? And if so, how long did they last for y'all?

Latest posts