• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] JLS/LS/MS

DinosaurThunder

Double Eagle Member
Can anyone give me a run down on how to identify the various old releases of the QJLS, QLS, QMS (ie 1.6 ,1.8 ect) and the old CE runs? I am really only attuned to identifying certain Innova discs. I am assuming it may have to do with patent numbers, stamps, opaque plastic ect. If I missed an old thread during my site search please let me know and thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Last edited:
I can only help you on a millenium JLS. I have one and it says run 1.10 right on it.
For sale by the way :)

Most CE-QJLS will have the 2 color stamp on them. 1 color for the lettering and 1 for the bubbles and will say "Appoved" not Approved, also they are marked on the back with QJ. Very similar with QMS as far as stamp color and they are marked on back with QM.

The only other Millennium discs run in CE were Omegas, which were barstamped and then 1.6 and 1.7 EXP1's

I am not sure about the JLS other than the 1.10 are CE, maybe others can shed some light.

Since Innova made these, you can apply some of the same principles to the CE runs for Millennium - visual appearance, feel, written weight in the nipple, etc. However, if the run numbers are marked on the disc, it's a no brainer. CE includes...

QJLS 1.1 and "CE-JLS" Test Run of 2000; QMS 1.1; Q-Mega 1.1 Proto w/bar-stamp; Polaris LS 1.12; & EXP 1.7.

The only exception I have heard of is that some of the EXP 1.6's might be CE plastic which goes back to the appearance test or, if it's well used via stamp wear, scuff marks and the like but no dings on the edge of the rim. good chance the EXP 1.6 is CE.

Theres a good thread on discgolfreview.com regarding millennium. Its a long read but will bring you up to date.

Thanks for the tip!

Most CE-QJLS will have the 2 color stamp on them. 1 color for the lettering and 1 for the bubbles and will say "Appoved" not Approved, also they are marked on the back with QJ. Very similar with QMS as far as stamp color and they are marked on back with QM.

The only other Millennium discs run in CE were Omegas, which were barstamped and then 1.6 and 1.7 EXP1's

I am not sure about the JLS other than the 1.10 are CE, maybe others can shed some light.

Thanks for the info on the QLS/QMS! I figured a few sales I have seen were too good to be true.

Since Innova made these, you can apply some of the same principles to the CE runs for Millennium - visual appearance, feel, written weight in the nipple, etc. However, if the run numbers are marked on the disc, it's a no brainer. CE includes...

QJLS 1.1 and "CE-JLS" Test Run of 2000; QMS 1.1; Q-Mega 1.1 Proto w/bar-stamp; Polaris LS 1.12; & EXP 1.7.

The only exception I have heard of is that some of the EXP 1.6's might be CE plastic which goes back to the appearance test or, if it's well used via stamp wear, scuff marks and the like but no dings on the edge of the rim. good chance the EXP 1.6 is CE.

Thanks for the info! :thmbup: I have seen a lot of sales recently on Ebay claiming to be CE but they were hard to trust without this guide.

Thanks again guys!

what is my millenium disc?

i have a disc that has a nadgt stamp so it doesn't say what disc it is. on the under side it is penned "LS". any idea what this disc is and what plastic? it feels like star, it is slick and smooth and not grippy like a base plastic. moderate stiffness.
(see pictures attached)

Attachments

• 20230427_193041.jpg
    20230427_193041.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230427_192948.jpg
    20230427_192948.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts