• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Join me on my distance/weight loss journey.

https://youtu.be/kiVnhyzQlqI

Well it's been raining non stop for three days so unfortunately haven't been able to see how the discs are flying. I did what any sane person would do and threw on the poncho to film a few throws. Feel like progress is being made. Slow and steady. My dog was not happy being out in the rain with me haha.

Yep, now work on Hershyzer and Door Frame Drills. Hershyzer 2 your head is leaning back and going into the wall behind your rear foot, and front foot coming off wall way early, both Hershyzers and Door Frame Drills you are not leading your stride with your butt/Center of Gravity.

https://youtu.be/4fBv6lGRHFE
Filmed two comets throws after a very wet and sloppy round. I can tell I was tired throwing these. Biggest question I have is how do I fix my run up/pull through to make it to where my shots start out left. Every shot I throw starts off right and hyzers.

On another note, played a full round and could tell some throws were smoother. Still very inconsistent with all of the form changes, but some of my shots with roaches and comets were going dead straight. It was weird though, the shots felt weak and felt like slip outs, but it's like they had a lot of spin on them so they floated forever.

Gonna focus tomorrow on throwing hammers around and focus on being smooth

And it seems like YouTube really degrades the quality of my videos when I upload them. How do I fix that? Sorry for poor angle on that last one. Had my phone propped up in my bag and was too lazy to refilm

Looking better. You are still a little late getting your rear heel off the ground before front heel plants.

To throw left you have to aim and turn further back with arm/disc inline to trajectory at top of backswing so disc is closer to right teepad side. Your arm/disc are aiming inline to the right with disc closer to left teepad side at top of backswing like Stokely below.

Also note how the plane of the disc matches his shoulder plane, your disc plane is angled down from your shoulders - supinate your arm to turn the disc upward and level/flat to your shoulder plane. You end up doing a down up down wave motion with the disc during the swing and throwing downward with the nose up and lots of wobble. Keep the disc on the angle you want swing so it cuts through the air with minimal drag as you swing.

lynx_media_scott_stokely_manual.jpg

Ah makes sense. Gonna work on that some this weekend. I noticed the swoop in my throw also and know that has to be keeping from some distance. Going to really slow things down and try and get a clean line when I throw

Yeah looking smoother on plane. Don't worry about your left arm.

Your stride is drifting/swaying leftward and preventing you from turning further back to shift from behind you. Stride your front foot more inline with the rear foot, so your center of gravity remains stacked over either foot instead of left/over the rear foot or behind/right of the front foot.

Your forward hip/butt move needs to happen in the backswing.

Ok makes sense. I think where i get hooked up some is moving the butt forward to initiate the swing vs just throwing my weight at it. I need to feel my hips being active more I think because I can tell im not using them very much right now

Ok makes sense. I think where i get hooked up some is moving the butt forward to initiate the swing vs just throwing my weight at it. I need to feel my hips being active more I think because I can tell im not using them very much right now
The butt retracting/swiveling away from target initiates the forward swing. Pretend you have one big catapult lever from your butt to your disc and your CoG is the fulcrum. So your butt is the counterweight going away from the target to send the arm/disc to the target. The backswing is mirrored.

So butt drop towards end of backswing to load and then retracting of butt initiating the forward swing to disperse the energy into the arm and disc?

Played another round with my wife today and seeing slow improvement. Throwing around 370-380 which is where I was before I started messing with form, but things are smoother and more consistent now. Stepped up to a hole today and threw a nice shot about 380. Let a guy play through and he blasted one 420 on pure hyzer as he slipped while throwing. Watching that is keeping me motivated on the form journey. Just made a playlist with a bunch of sidewinder and heavys videos and gonna start going through each one individually and film myself doing it and analyzing it. I just know that my timing is way off and my hips are basically doing nothing while throwing. Watched the gas pedal sidewinder video earlier and it was a big realization that im definitely still pushing off the heel. Gonna focus on trying to get off my heel and accelerate that gas pedal. Thanks so much for your help so far sidewinder

Also, starting a workout regimen tomorrow. Any specific things to disc golf that I should focus on? Gotta couple sets of dumbbells lying around so gonna use those and my rowing machine. Looking into starting some yoga also. I know the flexibility would help a lot

Also, starting a workout regimen tomorrow. Any specific things to disc golf that I should focus on? Gotta couple sets of dumbbells lying around so gonna use those and my rowing machine. Looking into starting some yoga also. I know the flexibility would help a lot
I would say mostly core stuff. Check out Frisbee Rob's youtube channel, he has a bunch of stuff from like 5 years ago. Also Disc Golf Strong and Disc Golf Doctor.

Working on balance helps a ton. Body weight training doing one leg dead lifts and beginner shrimp squats really help me balancing on one leg, which is really the goal with the swing.

So felt like i had a revelation last night while watching some loopghost videos. Felt like i was using the glutes on some phantom throws in my office. Went to the course today for a few holes and saw great results. Was getting my roached out to 280-290 and my comet out to 320. Accuracy was better than ever. Still have a lot to fix but it was nice to see results. Im not used to using my hips so it was weird trying to do an xstep with my new form. Was doing much better just walking into my shot which isnt a bad thing I guess. Will try and get some new videos up tomorrow or Wednesday

Interesting. Never watched that but it explains so much. I played baseball for 16 years, and was taught to keep my weight back and not use a big stride. I hit for average great, but had no power. I feel cheated now haha. So back side driving into that front side that then creates the brace is something so critical that I've never understood. It also jumped out to me how similar Prince Fielders left handed swing looks to a rhbh. Love the video!

Latest posts