• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Join me on my distance/weight loss journey.

I like a lot of what I'm seeing, but I think you need to just land/drop down as you're closed so that you weight the front leg while your butt is to the target and your right hip is rotated internally. After you land you will extend the leg and you will rotate. I'm just seeing too much rotation and opening leading your body, it's slight but it's a difference.

Yes I like that better...more flowy and floaty to the left instep.

I do think you are squatting into the rear hip too much rather than being balanced on top of it and leveraged toward the target. Check out the last page of Jet57's thread on here, the video I posted I think will help you too.

Yeah that looks better to me. The first walk through you did, you started the forward pump before your right leg plants...not good for maintaining leverage. On the throw it looks much better, the pacing is like in the elephant walk and you look in control of the arm/hammer throughout. I'm interested to see what SW sees in the specifics.

You barely pump or swing the hammer back or forth, looks more like you are trying to manipulate the hammer like a surgeon instead of a lumberjack.

I really pump it and let go of the pre-swing and backswing. My swing is much longer front to back and up and down, it's pulled out taut from the momentum of the hammer I've created on it and allowed it.

I am a surgeon :(
Pretend you need to amputate someone's leg with an axe while they are standing. ;)

invincible.gif

Been watching a lot of pros throw looking for someone to try and get a reference from. I think I want to try and emulate Brinster's hop/form. He just has the smoothest, most effortless distance and I love it

Ok, i havent fallen off the face of the earth. Been extremely busy the past month at the hospital. Next 4 months should be much easier. Going to get some film in the next week and work on some drills. I played for the first time in 3 weeks and the time off was needed. Not much difference in distance, but throw was smooth with no wobble and accuracy was great

Latest posts