• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Jolly Launcher Teebird3's in the Factory Store

Do these have the thick +mold rim like the Brinsters?

Man the plastic on these is real tasty. Nothing like the Jolly Launcher that was on the Totems in my opinion. I ordered a blue 175g.

For flight, these have turn in them. Very slight but a bit of turn. The fade to me is a bit less too. I would rate these more of a HSS -0.5 LSS 1.5. I will have to keep testing them out. They reminded me a lot of my Rivals I used to throw.

Tkaiser: how powerful of a thrower are you? I've got my G Star Teebird 3 out to 390...once. on golf lines It's more like 325-350. Just wondering if I will see any turn.

Tkaiser: how powerful of a thrower are you? I've got my G Star Teebird 3 out to 390...once. on golf lines It's more like 325-350. Just wondering if I will see any turn.

I get my Cranks out to around 400-425 ft. I took the Teebird 3 to a course where I have tested several of my older Teebirds. No where the beef that a Cal Teebird has, nor the LSS of a Brinster Teebird. This was a good control disc, but not really what I was thinking it was.

Brinster Teebirds are not plus mold. And if the Champ T3s are like the G Stars, then they aren't plus molded either.

They may not be +mold (would Innova really tell us?) but they have that thick feeling different than your standard TB. I'm guessing these do as well. The champ Roc3's have that same thicker feeling compared to the McPro Roc3's.

Got my blue one today before league and took it with me...love the feel so much. They seem to b just tad less stable than regular bird..its right between my champ bird and star eagle x...but further, I don't have big arm and form needs work but from throwing them three side by side that's what I've observed...

So just curious factory shop showed blue disc red stamp, mine came with blue stamp. Is that common stamp color or do I have rare one? Just curious doesn't matter too much I'm throwing it

So just curious factory shop showed blue disc red stamp, mine came with blue stamp. Is that common stamp color or do I have rare one? Just curious doesn't matter too much I'm throwing it

I doubt it's a rare stamp. The Factory Store generally just shows a few sample pics. They do tons more stamp/color combinations than what is shown. I rarely remember actually getting the exact stamp/color combo shown in one of their sample pics in my orders.

Also, how would anyone ever know what stamp/color combo was rare? For Factory Store runs, I've never seen Innova actually tell how many they made of each stamp/color combo. You can tell which colors are rare if you get in and look right when they put the discs up before too many get bought, but that only tells you how many they made in each color, not how many had various stamp colors.

They may not be +mold (would Innova really tell us?) but they have that thick feeling different than your standard TB. I'm guessing these do as well. The champ Roc3's have that same thicker feeling compared to the McPro Roc3's.

Innova might not tell us whether they are plus molds, but anyone could look at them or hold them and tell; it's fairly obvious. Plus molds have more of a slanted angle on the inside of the wing rather than right angles. Brinsters definitely aren't plus molds, nor are any of the champ Roc3's I've seen or heard of.

I think you must just be talking about how champion or JL plastic feels to you. They are certainly not actually thicker in JL than in other types of plastic, but different types of plastic do feel different in the hand, so I think that must be what you are talking about.

I love the feel of the new JL T3. It flies just like a champ Teebird, but it's got that nice, slightly tacky, Jolly Launcher plastic feel that makes it sweet.

Innova might not tell us whether they are plus molds, but anyone could look at them or hold them and tell; it's fairly obvious. Plus molds have more of a slanted angle on the inside of the wing rather than right angles. Brinsters definitely aren't plus molds, nor are any of the champ Roc3's I've seen or heard of.

I think you must just be talking about how champion or JL plastic feels to you. They are certainly not actually thicker in JL than in other types of plastic, but different types of plastic do feel different in the hand, so I think that must be what you are talking about.

There is a pretty clear difference between these two discs, one is McPro one is JL.

I saw the same difference in the bristers which makes me curious what these JL T3s look like compared to GS.

image_zps9be70c02.jpg

There is a pretty clear difference between these two discs, one is McPro one is JL.

I saw the same difference in the bristers which makes me curious what these JL T3s look like compared to GS.

image_zps9be70c02.jpg

Yes the difference there is just higher PLH (parting line height) in the JL. I think you'd find if you measured with calipers that the actual rim width is the same, and the JL is certainly not a plus mold. I think the higher PLH is often what makes champion discs more stable than the equivalent star or pro, even right out of the box. It's probably just how the different plastics set during the cooling process that does that.

PLH can vary a lot even within the same type of plastic too. You get some some runs of star destroyers for example with very high PLH and others with relatively normal PLH. I have even seen 2 discs from the same run in the same plastic where one had significantly higher PLH than the other. I really don't know why that happens exactly, but I know for sure it has nothing to do with a plus mold.

Parting line Height is a little higher on the JL T3 (blue) than the G* (red). They just got here so I haven't thrown the JL yet.
CAM00267_zps1b9a8499.jpg

man debating on color, just can't bit on one yet. i prefer pinks and yellows, but that orange or blue look nice too, anymore pictures people can post?

Is the pink a bright pink or dull pink?

Yes the difference there is just higher PLH (parting line height) in the JL. I think you'd find if you measured with calipers that the actual rim width is the same, and the JL is certainly not a plus mold. I think the higher PLH is often what makes champion discs more stable than the equivalent star or pro, even right out of the box. It's probably just how the different plastics set during the cooling process that does that.

PLH can vary a lot even within the same type of plastic too. You get some some runs of star destroyers for example with very high PLH and others with relatively normal PLH. I have even seen 2 discs from the same run in the same plastic where one had significantly higher PLH than the other. I really don't know why that happens exactly, but I know for sure it has nothing to do with a plus mold.

Te difference goes beyond plh, the edge is more blunt and thicker than the mcpro. I agreed on things not being + but there is certainly a difference.

That pic makes the two T3's look very close so i will likely try one if i can get one without going thru the pro shop.

vodnzDJ.jpg

Just received these from the factory store. The red was 175g and the orange was 177g. I like the feel of them in my hand immediately. Reminds me of a champ 11x teebird.

cZU0krV.jpg

Red is the JL T3 and green is a G* TB
706XFbz.jpg

Red is the JL T3 and purple is champ brinster teebird

Sorry for the image quality (cell phone camera). I just wanted a quick way to show PLH in comparison to my other teebirds. The T3s were very similar to the G* and the brinster, but I felt the brinster was domier than the T3 and the G*.

After a few rounds of throwing it, I noticed the T3 flew more similar to the G* TB than it did to the brinster. The T3 held the line for longer (glide) and faded late (like the G* does, which is my furthest flying teebird). The brinster (and a champ 11x TB I took out from storage to test alongside) had a slightly "earlier fade". The T3, despite being newer, would stay straighter for longer (I tried throwing them all with the same power. Tried.)

Anyways, I like the T3 a lot, and will report back what its like after a bit of wear. I'm liking it for distance though.

Latest posts