• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jump Putting

Darth Anovin

Eagle Member
I am starting to learn the art of jump putting. My question for those who jump putt: Do you jump putt with the same putter you normally putt with, or do you have a putter designated for jump putting?

I am starting to learn the art of jump putting. My question for those who jump putt: Do you jump putt with the same putter you normally putt with, or do you have a putter designated for jump putting?

I usually use the same one, unless its really rocky or there is a threat of water. Then the old trusty DX aviar comes out. Old omega Supersofts dont take to kindly to rocky ground :/

I use a beat up version of my main putter, if you carry a beat putter that you throw for upshots a lot of people prefer that to their regular putter, or a lighter version, it's just easier to control.

I used to use a Rhyno for inside the circle and a Magnet for putt jumping outside of it. I started making more putts from outside the circle than in so I decided to only throw the magnet. Im glad I did because the magnet is money son.

Lighter weight SS or soft challenger. Depends on the putt and wind. Sometimes the main SS.

Magnets are money!!! just not for me... lol

I like a firm plate for longer putts. I feel like it transfers my snap better than a floppy/soft potter. My 172 medium wizard is money.

Different putter for me. Same mold just a little older so i can keep it on a line longer.

Medium ION for inside the circle, First Run ION for walking putts. Keeps the line longer with less spin.

I use the same putter (Soft Banger GT) unless it is windy, then I switch to a Rhyno. I do the same inside the circle, but it takes a stronger wind to convince me to switch. Rhyno is also nice because it usually doesn't go to far past if you miss.

I have a medium 174g Wizard with a chunk missing from the rim that I use for "jump putts". I use soft 167g Magics for inside the circle.

Slightly off topic, but does spin or push putting work better for putt jumping? Which is better for walking putts?

Slightly off topic, but does spin or push putting work better for putt jumping? Which is better for walking putts?
Well, at least Dave Feldberg uses spin with walking putts, and he's the poster boy of push putting.

Push putting has some power limitations and on long putts it doesn't pierce through winds or carry very well. Typically the pros go with a nose up putt with more spin for long runs. Nose up slows it down by the basket and keeps it in the air while preventing blow bys and the spin keeps it going straight. Three putts are the worst, and a bad falling/walking/jump putt will have you carding a ton of them.

The general consensus seem to be go with something a little less stable the farther away you are, but that only applies if you use an overstable putter while you are close. KC Pro inside the circle, DX aviar outside, unless it's windy.

i use the same putter my r pro wood aviar if it is windy i will use my jk aviar both max weight.

Latest posts