• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jussi Situation

If he had consensual sex with a sex worker, that's a family matter for him. I don't know the circumstances between him and his wife, she's not my bff and neither is he.

If he knowingly had sex with a sex slave, then he's a POS rapist who can die in a fire. I'll wait to see if we have evidence in that regard.

So, wait, are you saying that it is not true that many of the people who "work" in that industry are forced to do so?

If not, how is pointing that out derogatory to anyone - and, particularly, more derogatory than acknowledging that the person "COULD have been a sex slave"? Or is it, to you, easier to attack a person than than it is to construct a cogent argument.

You are insinuating that the only reason someone would have such an unseemly profession is because they are a slave. Instead of a women taking life by the horns and making a living the way she wants, she is something to be pitied because she may have been forced into it. And the Jon, instead of being a good customer keeping the industrious lady's enterprise going, is a predator.

If you had some concrete reason to believe that this was a sex slave and Jussi is a predator, fine, show me the evidence. Otherwise the insinuation is disparaging to both Jussi and the sex worker.

I'm married and live next to a Culver's, you do the math ;)

See the whole speech about independent sex workers is great.

However, as is the case in most organized scenarios, these women are often times trafficked or put into situations where they can't refuse to have sex.

They aren't necessarily the ones receiving the profit or having control over the encounters.

Given that Jussi was caught buying sex, he was probably using a site or service.

Which also means he was either a naive first timer, or a frequent user.

You are insinuating that the only reason someone would have such an unseemly profession is because they are a slave. Instead of a women taking life by the horns and making a living the way she wants, she is something to be pitied because she may have been forced into it. And the Jon, instead of being a good customer keeping the industrious lady's enterprise going, is a predator.

If you had some concrete reason to believe that this was a sex slave and Jussi is a predator, fine, show me the evidence. Otherwise the insinuation is disparaging to both Jussi and the sex worker.

Wow, just wow.

However, as is the case in most organized scenarios, these women are often times trafficked or put into situations where they can't refuse to have sex.

They aren't necessarily the ones receiving the profit or having control over the encounters.

Given that Jussi was caught buying sex, he was probably using a site or service.

I believe the term is entrepreneur of the year?

We're quibbling over the unknown of whether these women were trafficked slaves or empowered consenting workers.
Society at large, or at least Sweden here, has decided that that distinction is far too difficult to parse and may not make much a difference to the women involved in the long run.
Of course you may feel differently, but drawing clear lines through complicated situations for the greater good is how society works. And if a guy like Jussi has some public embarrassment and a hit to his pocket, in general cultures have deemed it worth it for the sake of keeping this type of behavior taboo.

I drawing clear lines through complicated situations for the greater good is how society works. And if a guy like Jussi has some public embarrassment and a hit to his pocket, in general cultures have deemed it worth it for the sake of keeping this type of behavior taboo.

The same logic has been applied to homosexuality and marijuana. The only thing that seems to matter is whether you are in the moral majority or not.

Exactly why every single nation on earth needs to legalize it, tax it, and regulate the F out of it.

First off, Jussie's situation is not a hypothetical. We don't know if he hired a trafficked person.

This becomes far more complex when you go beyond the hypothetical (my body my choice) to the reality that people suck. There is a tremendous black market of evil where people are forced to participate in the "sex trade" against their will.

To me, it's logical to avoid contributing to this vile sect of humanity as a personal choice without knowing whether I would or would not be doing so by paying for sex. Err on the side of caution. But that doesn't mean that anyone making a different choice is pro-sex trafficking. Naive, maybe? Certainly? Kind of human nature. We make mistakes AND we can be willfully ignorant.

A lot of judgement and assertion of intent in this thread. It's hard to argue against that. There is a clear moral high ground in defending the victims of something so heinous as sex slavery.

I have zero knowledge of what Jussi is all about, but I think it's folly to conflate a specific incidence with the larger issue without specific information.

I do support a person's right to choose. Two CONSENTING adults should be free to do their thing.

Nikko's having his baby (out for 9 months).
Paul and Brodie are having a cat fight.
Jussi's embroiled in a sex scandal.

Disc golf is finally becoming mainstream, and has the scandals to prove it. :p

*patiently waits for Dave Dunnipace or Jim Kenner to make headlines*

I do support a person's right to choose. Two CONSENTING adults should be free to do their thing.

If it were free, Jussi no no law would have been broken and the only trouble Jussi would be in is with his wife. ;)

Last edited:
Too bad he didn't sponsor the hooker and give her some discs, along with the money. Probs could have just said it was an inappropriate affair with a Team Discmania player.

:|

A lot of conjecture being passed off as assumed facts here. Sounds [to me] like you watched a special on 60 minutes and want to apply those stats to every situation involving sex work across the globe...

I'd be surprised if anyone on this site knew more than 0.01% of the [true] story, so why run off at the keyboard? I see this as 1 of 2 things.

1. None of our business. A blip on the radar, so why are we talking about it?
2. A personal issue between a man, his wife, and possibly their lawyer, so why are we talking about it?

The internet does not give us any right to participate in someone else's life successes or tragedy.

1. None of our business. A blip on the radar, so why are we talking about it?
2. A personal issue between a man, his wife, and possibly their lawyer, so why are we talking about it?

This is all it is to me. No reason to talk about it when he made a statement, it's his personal life. Might it affect his business? Maybe, but I have little interest in Discmania as a company so not much else for me to comment on.

First off, Jussie's situation is not a hypothetical. We don't know if he hired a trafficked person.

A lot of judgement and assertion of intent in this thread. It's hard to argue against that. There is a clear moral high ground in defending the victims of something so heinous as sex slavery.

I have zero knowledge of what Jussi is all about, but I think it's folly to conflate a specific incidence with the larger issue without specific information.

reading this thread from the first page, pretty much everybody seems to make the assumption that the sex work was done 100% willingly by the adult female. (other than Bogeynomore, who couched his statement with "As long as booker was a legal adult, participating that occupation of their own free will, and no assault, battery, or rape occurred...")

everybody else up until the point that I posted the article seemed content to assume many things about the case. when you ask for "evidence", the only "evidence" I have that it was possibly somebody that was forced into the sex trade is from that article.

If you have some concrete reason to believe that this was not a sex slave, fine, show me the evidence

If anyone is truly for smaller government, then they have to fully embrace "My body, my choice." There's no debate. Sorry.

Unless they are just for smaller federal government and pro authoritarian theocracy at the state level.