• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jussi Situation

Short term, I wonder if this is a distraction for any of the Discmania players right before Pro Worlds.

Long term, a lot hinges on if (or how much) Jussi takes time away from the sport -- for legal or family reasons. I could imagine there being a power vacuum or "changing of the guard" at DM.

Last edited:
Kraft is guilty he's just wealthy enough to buy his own justice system.

I meant guilty in the terms that Jussi the Discmania dude was speaking about. Obviously we have no idea whether any of these people did anything.

I'm all for privacy concerns and not villainizing sex workers, however this is not a case of people being easily offended.

As the CEO of a company, he most likely has a clause against participating in illegal activities (mainly getting caught doing them).

On a secondary note, it calls into questiin his decision making and integrity if he is married with a family.

Buying sex is a bigger deal here in the Nordic countries compared to the US I think, it's not very common here and it's very much frowned upon. Basically it's an action of a male chauvinist pig and in a part of the world where womens rights is further along than basically anywhere else it's not really something you're coming back from.

Personally I won't be buying or throwing a disc from Discmania as long as he's with the company, simple as that.

It says adult.. hmm odd. No where does it say or imply the adult was a woman. Not that it matters but them stating it was an adult raises an eyebrow.

Lulz at, "auxilliary procuration," but I like it.

I tried to edit it but was too slow. :eek:

Buying sex is a bigger deal here in the Nordic countries compared to the US I think, it's not very common here and it's very much frowned upon. Basically it's an action of a male chauvinist pig and in a part of the world where womens rights is further along than basically anywhere else it's not really something you're coming back from.

I can't even think of a prominent sports figure/celebrity/anyone in the States getting in major trouble, or even getting a black eye from something like this. I think that means we don't take it as seriously?

EDIT: Oh yeah, Tiger Woods? Lol. Merely a blip on the radar.

Last edited:
"Since 1999 it has been illegal to pay for casual sexual relations in Sweden. The penalty is a fine or imprisonment for a maximum of one year. This applies both to those who pay for sexual relations and those who take advantage of casual sexual relations paid for by another person."

Ive seen fines of up to 50days pay, to a year in prison

It says adult.. hmm odd. No where does it say or imply the adult was a woman. Not that it matters but them stating it was an adult raises an eyebrow.

This story interests me about as much as a story about where Trump buys his socks. Which is to say, not at all.

But when I read the post he wrote, my mind immediately understood it to be nipping idle speculation in the bud. These days, no one bothers to check their heads - they just go to town on a twit-storm of accusations and then conjecture of the worst-case-scenario type. In this case, he made sure that didn't happen, at least.

It's bad enough, I guess, but I sure don't judge him for what amounts to a very human mistake.

He's owning up to what he did. My only issue is that it takes away the spotlight from Simon's win. The disc golf world should be talking about Simon's third win this year...but instead, it's all about what Jussi did.

Unbelievable, Simon has his third win in one year when his last win was in 2018 (I think that is when his last win was). Amazing after his arm injury and the distraction of being a father.

He's owning up to what he did. My only issue is that it takes away the spotlight from Simon's win. The disc golf world should be talking about Simon's third win this year...but instead, it's all about what Jussi did.

Unbelievable, Simon has his third win in one year when his last win was in 2018 (I think that is when his last win was). Amazing after his arm injury and the distraction of being a father.

I will be curious how much attention (one-time or continuing attention) the disc golf world of prominent podcasts and articles give to Jussi's actions, or if we only speculate in some disc golf threads/reddits. Especially compared to the Nikko aftermath.

For example, it's been a few hours and no comment yet from Ultiworld.

Maybe I'm missing something.
I get that it's illegal in most countries, but....

As long as booker was a legal adult, participating that occupation of their own free will, and no assault, battery, or rape occurred...

I see Jussi hiring a hooker as an issue between him, his family, and the hooker.

Yeah this.

Buying sex is a bigger deal here in the Nordic countries compared to the US I think, it's not very common here and it's very much frowned upon.

It's illegal here in every state except in certain counties in Nevada and frowned upon for sure.

Basically it's an action of a male chauvinist pig and in a part of the world where womens rights is further along than basically anywhere else

Male chauvinism is when men think they are superior to women in some or all forms. I don't follow how a man buying sex is showing that he is superior. I've known several sex workers who feel empowered by having control over their own body, how they use it, and being able to go into work for themselves. Feminists should be in favor of legal prostitution and I don't think a country is far along on woman's rights if they still have old and draconic laws on the books for the women and men who want to exchange money for service. To me buying and selling a hamburger is the same as a buying and selling sex - money for service and it's no one's business but the people involved and I have no judgement on either one.
Personally I won't be buying or throwing a disc from Discmania as long as he's with the company, simple as that.

That's your choice to make.

This story interests me about as much as a story about where Trump buys his socks. Which is to say, not at all.

But when I read the post he wrote, my mind immediately understood it to be nipping idle speculation in the bud. These days, no one bothers to check their heads - they just go to town on a twit-storm of accusations and then conjecture of the worst-case-scenario type. In this case, he made sure that didn't happen, at least.

It's bad enough, I guess, but I sure don't judge him for what amounts to a very human mistake.

Yeah agreed. All Jussi did was prove he has a working penis and a libido - NEXT

Yeah this.

It's illegal here in every state except in certain counties in Nevada and frowned upon for sure.

Male chauvinism is when men think they are superior to women in some or all forms. I don't follow how a man buying sex is showing that he is superior. I've known several sex workers who feel empowered by having control over their own body, how they use it, and being able to go into work for themselves. Feminists should be in favor of legal prostitution and I don't think a country is far along on woman's rights if they still have old and draconic laws on the books for the women and men who want to exchange money for service. To me buying and selling a hamburger is the same as a buying and selling sex - money for service and it's no one's business but the people involved and I have no judgement on either one.

That's your choice to make.

Yeah agreed. All Jussi did was prove he has a working penis and a libido - NEXT

Prostitution is decriminalized in Ann Arbor.

I will be curious how much attention (one-time or continuing attention) the disc golf world of prominent podcasts and articles give to Jussi's actions, or if we only speculate in some disc golf threads/reddits. Especially compared to the Nikko aftermath.

For example, it's been a few hours and no comment yet from Ultiworld.

I'm sure the fine folks at DGCR won't wear the topic out.

🙄

Latest posts