• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Just got some MVP discs.Thoughts?

What other discs in my bag below should I try an MVP upgrade?

Mids
Zone - Buzzz - Axis - Tangent - Fuse

Fairway
River - Fury - Teebird - Saint

Drivers
Avenger SS - Sidewinder - Avenger - Blizzard Boss - SOLF

I know the Amp is similar to the Fuse but I'd be shocked to see it be a better disc. The fuse is one of my top discs. I'm hopeful the Volt might takeout my Teebird as it's never clicked with me. I'd love something for really long anhyzer shots as my SS is a big touchy on those shots. The River covers pretty good but I'd love a speed 9 - 10 understable disc. The Tensor could probably do in the spot of the Zone but the Zone is just so easy to throw and do what I need it to do which is go straight and turn hard left around that tree and go another 50 feet laterally to the pin..

The Amp is way faster than the Fuse - no overlap there. The Amp would be more likely to compete with your River, Sidewinder, and/or Avenger SS, depending on what lines you use those discs on. For me, the Amp would probably knock out all of those discs, with the exception of the Sidewinder perhaps depending on how much your Amp turns for you.

I've never thrown the Zone, but my Tensor doesn't fade as hard as you're describing. It'd be more likely to compete with the Buzzz for me, though they're clearly different discs.

Was playing a couple of rounds earlier this morning and found something really Awesome about the Shock.

The Shock flies like a longer Teebird for me. I know it's overstable,but i was getting it on some really straight lines with some good fade. Everytime I threw it I would say Faster teebird in my head. lol

anyone else have this experience with the Shock?

The Tensor is getting the least amount of work. It is however starting to be a good Fading Midrange for me. The Axis is just great for Straight shots with some fade and the Tangent is the bees knees for those controllable Turnovers or the glidey straight shots with no fade hardly.

I can't wait for the Amp and the Volt to get here. :thmbup:

I love the Tangent and Shock. Great discs. The Tensor and Axis are meh but a ton of people like them.

I love the Tangent and Shock. Great discs. The Tensor and Axis are meh but a ton of people like them.

The Axis works well for many holes around here,but the Tensor needs to grow on me a bit more. Maybe I need to try out a Vector and compare the two?

I got a first run vector 177g if interested

That's a bit too heavy for me. I use mainly 172 for mids,but I also use 168 in mids.

I have rethought the Vector thing though. I was going to just not get one,but I can see both the Tensor and Vector covering two different types of shots for me.

Thanks for the offer though. :thmbup:

if you like the axis you'll LOVE the vector.

I thought the Volt was a longer Axis? Or is it the Vector?

My Axis is ticking me off. I love it and it's great for all kinds of throws but if I want that dead straight shot I have to throw it dead level or with a tiny, tiny amount of hyzer.

I wish it was a bit more overstable. The one I have is a 176 Orange Neutron. I was thinking about trying a Proton one as I've heard the Proton plastic is a bit more overstable. Is that true?

My Axis is ticking me off. I love it and it's great for all kinds of throws but if I want that dead straight shot I have to throw it dead level or with a tiny, tiny amount of hyzer.

I wish it was a bit more overstable. The one I have is a 176 Orange Neutron. I was thinking about trying a Proton one as I've heard the Proton plastic is a bit more overstable. Is that true?

beat in a vector and it will be the best axis you have ever thrown.. only less sensitive, and more wind resistant. The Vector is like a good flat top roc that isn't overly stable

some people tell me its like a "ching roc" but i have never thrown one.

Last edited:
beat in a vector and it will be the best axis you have ever thrown.. only less sensitive, and more wind resistant. The Vector is like a good flat top roc that isn't overly stable

some people tell me its like a "ching roc" but i have never thrown one.

Woah...A Ching Roc?

Ok, I'm sold. :D

Woah...A Ching Roc?

Ok, I'm sold. :D

Ching roc was a rancho roc with a stamp that apparently made them flatter, people like them because they feel better in the hand than a domey dx roc and a little less glide so they were good for control.

Im sure the Roc3 is similar.. but have never thrown one of them either, lol i have been glued to MVP releases lately and completely happy with what they have to offer so i havnt explored new discs lately.

Ching roc was a rancho roc with a stamp that apparently made them flatter, people like them because they feel better in the hand than a domey dx roc and a little less glide so they were good for control.

Im sure the Roc3 is similar.. but have never thrown one of them either, lol i have been glued to MVP releases lately and completely happy with what they have to offer so i havnt explored new discs lately.

I'm really diggin the MVP plastics as well.

Going to grab me a Neutron Vector soon and until MVP comes out with some Distance Drivers I'll stick with my Katana's,TD's and TD2's for distance. The Shock is surprisingly close to my TD on distance though. If i get a good rip with the Shock that thing just flies man.

I'm really diggin the MVP plastics as well.

Going to grab me a Neutron Vector soon and until MVP comes out with some Distance Drivers I'll stick with my Katana's,TD's and TD2's for distance. The Shock is surprisingly close to my TD on distance though. If i get a good rip with the Shock that thing just flies man.

if you havnt tried a Proton Volt, they are more stable than the neutron volt and go forever on a straight line without turn, good late forward fade too.. awesome disc

if you havnt tried a Proton Volt, they are more stable than the neutron volt and go forever on a straight line without turn, good late forward fade too.. awesome disc

At the moment I have a Neutron Volt on it's way,but plan on getting a Proton when they finally get one in a 168 or 169.

The Amp is on it's way too in Neutron plastic. 168 gram of course. :D

Whats wrong with using a flat release to get a straight flight? Seems pretty intuitive to me.

Proton Volt is more like a longer Vector and Neutron more like a longer Axis.

I got to throw my Axis 12-15 times on my lunch break and my disc's problem is it's very, very sensitive to OAT. If I can come out dead level it's like a laser beam but if I start to turn my wrist over even a tiny bit it's tracking right.

I've got a tangent coming and I've read they're a little more forgiving. I'll see what that one does and then decide if I want to try a more an Axis with more of a dome...mine is as flat as can be.

Domey Axis is less sensitive to OAT, but any of their mids will turn during the high speed portion of their flight if thrown with a lot of OAT. The Tangent should have similar OAT sensitivity as a flat Axis.

Whats wrong with using a flat release to get a straight flight? Seems pretty intuitive to me.

Proton Volt is more like a longer Vector and Neutron more like a longer Axis.

Nothing at all but I tend to roll my wrist slightly when I'm throwing with some power. It's definitely user error but none of my other discs are this unforgiving. If I try to compensate with some hyzer it has to be very subtle or my Axis actually takes the line of the slight hyzer instead of flipping to level.

And it sounds like I want a Neutron Volt although those Protons one are so pretty.

Last edited:
I got to throw my Axis 12-15 times on my lunch break and my disc's problem is it's very, very sensitive to OAT. If I can come out dead level it's like a laser beam but if I start to turn my wrist over even a tiny bit it's tracking right.

I've got a tangent coming and I've read they're a little more forgiving. I'll see what that one does and then decide if I want to try a more an Axis with more of a dome...mine is as flat as can be.

tangent is not less sensitive to OAT.

If you have OAT problems, you need to throw a disc like the tangent for a while till you can throw it straight at least 300', with oat its going to turn and burn. MVP will improve your game if you take the time to throw properly and learn.

If you throw with OAT make sure your releasing the disc level when it comes off your hand, make sure your grip has a consistent release. Pull the disc through a flat level line, through your body and close to your chest, try to keep the plane of the disc on the same line your pulling the disc through. Does that make sense?

First, slow it down! start off throwing slower and with less power and distance until you can throw without oat, then throw a little harder until you have no oat.. and so on, just keep increasing your power each time you throw without OAT and eventually you will catch on to the proper release

Last edited: