• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Just got some MVP discs.Thoughts?

Here's my two cents. I throw the anode only at this point . I use softs for putting and regular for driving and upshots. I used regular for putting but like the flex of softs. I also recently acquired a soft neutron ion which feels awesome, but haven't thrown it yet. I'd say definitely give the anode a shot.

Especially considering it won't get chewed up if you putt with it like your pures do. Mvp discs are like tanks.

Here's my two cents. I throw the anode only at this point . I use softs for putting and regular for driving and upshots. I used regular for putting but like the flex of softs. I also recently acquired a soft neutron ion which feels awesome, but haven't thrown it yet. I'd say definitely give the anode a shot.

Especially considering it won't get chewed up if you putt with it like your pures do. Mvp discs are like tanks.

Tanks you are correct. I've had my Ions for a long time and these things have seen tons of abuse and they still putt just as good as they did when brand new. They may have lost a tad of stability,but not much.

You know I still have some stuff I can trade in to my local shop. I may get an Anode and try it out. I've heard it will overlap with my Pures so I may just keep it in my bag for the heck of it. :thmbup:

the new proton volt is better than the neutron one, it doesnt turn at all, similar to a teebird and has a tick more LSS fade than the neutron, if you havnt tried it yet, give it a whirl

For sure - in my experience with Volts the Proton and Neutron plastic are night/day. My Proton Volt is significantly more overstable and generates a good distance more than its predecessor Neutron.

I use a soft eclipse ion for putting and I love it. It catches chains so well. I haven't tried a soft neutron, but I also hear good things!

Honestly, you should just go with what feels good to you.

Unfortunately no. Were both white ones soft neutron? The one you were using most of the time, and that one with the funky stamp lol

Unfortunately no. Were both white ones soft neutron? The one you were using most of the time, and that one with the funky stamp lol

The one you are referring to with the funky stamp is probably the soft neutron, I think they were only sold through Dynamic Discs.

Just got an Ion and almost sent it back. The writing is exactly were my fingers are. This is very uncomfortable. I hope my wife likes it better. I'm just gonna stick with swedish plastic...

I have liked my MVP putters and mid, but DAMN I hate the soft plastic. Feels like ****. Hard of GTFO

I have two proton Ions 168 and 175. One is labeled as soft on the stamp itself the other one has an S on the rim which I thought meant soft, but not sure since it isn't on the stamp. Anyone know anything about that?

When I first started I couldn't throw MVP but I just got an Axis and it will probably stay in the bag for a while

I have two proton Ions 168 and 175. One is labeled as soft on the stamp itself the other one has an S on the rim which I thought meant soft, but not sure since it isn't on the stamp. Anyone know anything about that?

Early Ion stamps (and perhaps Anodes too) did not have the "soft" on them, just the S on the overmold.

I've had the Anode for a while and it's my only putter. I love that thing. A couple of weeks ago I got an Neutron Axis. I really love this one too but it's taking me a bit to learn how to throw it. It likes me to very deliberate in how I throw it and the less OAT the better it responds.

I do find myself wishing sometimes that it had a tiny bit of left hand fade. I'll either thrown it dead straight or if I overpower it, it won't turn over but will drift to the right.

I've got a Proton Tangent coming and I'm curious to see if I can get the dead straight line with a tiny, tiny bit of left hand fade.

I may end up trying a Proton Axis as well.

If the Volt is a longer Axis then sign me up. I good with the Axis anywhere from 100 feet to just under 275. I can rip it for 300 once in a while but I'm not consistent with with that distance.

For some reason I'm starting to like the look of the Proton plastic over the Neutron.

What other discs in my bag below should I try an MVP upgrade?

Mids
Zone - Buzzz - Axis - Tangent - Fuse

Fairway
River - Fury - Teebird - Saint

Drivers
Avenger SS - Sidewinder - Avenger - Blizzard Boss - SOLF

I know the Amp is similar to the Fuse but I'd be shocked to see it be a better disc. The fuse is one of my top discs. I'm hopeful the Volt might takeout my Teebird as it's never clicked with me. I'd love something for really long anhyzer shots as my SS is a big touchy on those shots. The River covers pretty good but I'd love a speed 9 - 10 understable disc. The Tensor could probably do in the spot of the Zone but the Zone is just so easy to throw and do what I need it to do which is go straight and turn hard left around that tree and go another 50 feet laterally to the pin.

I just got the Saint and even though it's listed as a control driver it's bombing right up there with my Boss and 150 class SOLF for distance.

Sorry to be so longwinded but I'm a Lat64 and MVP Junkie right now.

I had a Volt for a while but unfortunately bought a black one that was lost way too quick. But it was an awesome disc, and I'm planning on getting a proton volt soon. If you are thinking about getting a volt.. pull the trigger.

Last edited: