• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Just got two new discs, as I put them in my bag, I began to question my man hood.

mrstiggy

Par Member
I just got two new discs in the mail, both ones I have been wanting to try.

I got a Star San Marino Roc. I have 3 other rocs, 2 kc pros and a DX. The 3 that I have had for a while dont do crap for me, I like my buzz much better. I thought I would have a bit better luck in prem plastic as everyone goes on and on about how great the Roc is.

I also got a star wraith, never threw a wraith, and being that I can only stay consistant with leopards, banshees, and teebirds, its prolly WAAAY too much speed for me, but ya never know till ya try ;)

The problem lies with in. I ordered these from Discgolfcenter. When browsing for these discs they did not have them in standard colors and weights that I was too excited about. I opted to get the "unique" color.

Guess what color arrived in mail? Pink, not just pink, but a new born baby girl just barfed a purse puppy pink.

Does it make me less of a manly man to have pink plastic in my bag? Will this roc suck for me like the rest because of its pigment handicap?

if you can bomb it 300 some odd feet i wouldnt worry about what people think of the color of the disc, your play will tell them all they need to know about you

You should start questioning your manhood when you begin taking discs out of your bag to make room for lipstick and compact mirrors.

I personally prefer blue discs, but when league nights run long and I'm hunting for every single shot because a blue disc blends into the darkness, I get kind of envious of the guys throwing all pink discs. I would just look at it as "you're tough enough to throw pink" ;)

Please don't let KFrad see this thread.... Please don't let KFrad see this thread...Please don't let KFrad see this thread...

I keep a hot pink DX Wraith in the bag for the express purpose of a late round. :thmbup:

whaaaa!!!! pink is great not girly at all just smart!!! easy to find and if you carry pink i say you are more of a man!!!

if you don't like "unique pink" throw the disc up on the marketplace. Most of us love pink discs, especially if it's unique, and will trade for it. There's a reason that Marshall Street charges more for pink discs...

I got a "rasberry" FLX Buzzz from Marshall street...it's pink and super easy to find. It's also my first Buzzz and it's now my favorite disc, didn't pay any extra money either :)

Pink is a girls color. You should question your manhood. They are easy to find though.

2010 Worlds. I was playing on a card with a German guy who would not stop making fun of my pink discs. He said he'd never have one because it made me look like a girl. Later in the round, we both faded our drives into the woods. I found mine in 10 seconds. His was about 5 seconds from being declared lost when we finally found it. He laughed and asked me where he could get some "easy find" discs.

Last edited:
I just got a new putter in the mail, 2nd run S Ion. My old putter (same disc) has finally gotten to understable for my liking. It took a 1 1/2 years to break in to just a touch understable, GO ION's!!!

It is going to be my go to putter and I currently throw an all white bag. This disc happens to be a pink Ion and I cant wait to throw down those 40 fters with my PINK putter. All I can say is props to me while I kick everyones butt on the course with a pink disc.

I ordered a polecat before and I thought it was red from the picture, apparently I am blind and it showed up pink, I was pretty mad actually and thought they sent the wrong one until I found out it was my fault and I actually ordered pink... anyway luckily my buddy bought it off me for what I paid so no big loss

Latest posts