• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

just wondering....

Josephb.

Bogey Member
I was wondering how I can improve my DG throws. I keep throwing with nose up on my long distance drives. I know this because sometimes my mids go just as far. Any feed back is kool. Thanks.

Go to the technique and strategy forum. Post a video of yourself throwing. You'll get a lot more help there with it.

I was wondering how I can improve my DG throws. I keep throwing with nose up on my long distance drives. I know this because sometimes my mids go just as far. Any feed back is kool. Thanks.

If you're interested in coming up to Thousand Oaks I can help you with your technique and capture some slo-mo video for you to check out.

Real World Applications of the Bonopane Grip, Illustrated. Sounds like a Art theory assignment from my time is school.

To the OP: You'll find a myriad of forums focused on improving ones' form here and countless videos on YouTube that do the same. Enjoy the process, and embrace the epiphany.

Go to the technique and strategy forum. Post a video of yourself throwing. You'll get a lot more help there with it.

This is how I am gittin it done. But the BonoPANE grip does enable the thrower to keep the most of the disc down. The only problem for me is that the grip can be a little painful until you throw your disc.

Joke's on you guys...there's been several guys here who tried the Bonopane to figure out if nose up was the problem, and they had their longest throws ever. It's not what you want to use permanently, but it can definitely throw well over "100 feet".

Joke's on you guys...there's been several guys here who tried the Bonopane to figure out if nose up was the problem, and they had their longest throws ever. It's not what you want to use permanently, but it can definitely throw well over "100 feet".

QFT.

I used the Bonopane for a few drives to really figure out what the snap feels like, and to see how a disc is supposed to look coming out of my hand. The rest just translated from there.

I learned the Bonopane from World Champ Harold Duvall maybe 7-8 years ago, modified it for my hand size and use it all the time. Former distance champ, John Kirkland, observed my driving style, knowing I'm using the Bonopane. His only advice was to get my hip moving forward faster, nothing about changing grip. I'm not hitting 400 but never have. I get out to 335-350 consistently and accurately at almost age 62. You don't even need a towel when it's wet out because the grip is so solid.

It's easier on your wrist and it keeps the nose down when you're tired and might forget to tilt your wrist for a level release using power grip late in the day. I teach the Bonopane for all new players so they can get the nose down and drive more level and farther right away. It's a simple tip that I pass on to rec players I see struggling with nose up when I'm out playing.

The technique and strategy page one here that has many valuable post on this subject but I will say I've suffered from nose up issues and making sure you don't bend your wrist and throw in a down to level motion are most helpful.

May all your putts be for birdie.

So... I went out to a empty field to throw some disc. I think I found out what the problem was. It was grip related. I used to grip the disc almost to the pads of my palm. I tried a few grips and found that if I put the disc along the crease of my palm I get the nose of the disc down. Thanks every one for the info.

If you're interested in coming up to Thousand Oaks I can help you with your technique and capture some slo-mo video for you to check out.

I would like someone to critique my technique. I need to find some time to make it out there. Maybe this Sunday.

I would like someone to critique my technique. I need to find some time to make it out there. Maybe this Sunday.

Sunday works! PM me and I'll can get you my contact info.

There's a huge field adjacent to the park where I can get a camera or two set up for some slo-mo video for ya to look at.

Sunday works! PM me and I'll can get you my contact info.

There's a huge field adjacent to the park where I can get a camera or two set up for some slo-mo video for ya to look at.

I've been there before... It was my home course. I forgot the Superbowl is this Sunday. Iwill pm you

Latest posts