• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast Falk

So I've tried mine. Super understable but very floaty if you hyzerflip it. It has some fade that will fight the turn so it wont just crash but it finished flat or to the right for me. Tried it on field with a light breeze and I had to flip it at almost at 45 degrees and pretty low power for it to flip up and hold a straight line but it would glide for a long time. I could see this being a tunnel shot disc for me since I love hyzerfliping or a very touchy turnover disc.

The problem is with how much I had to power down, I could probably just rip a straight kaxe instead but it was very fun to throw. I would class this disc as 9/6/-3/2, just enough fade to fight the turn for controlled low hyzerflip lasers.

I can't find an edit button so I will correct some info from my post above. The wind must have been stronger than I thought yesterday, I tried it on the course today and it wasn't as flippy as my first impression. It's still a hyzerflip disc for every throw but I could put some more power into it today.

Super fun disc and actually very useful on a wooded course. I had a shot that was a sharp left turn and I wanted to try the Falk so I threw it on a pretty steep hyzer to turn the corner and then flatten out and go straight to get some carry towards the basket. Worked like a charm, I would not have gotten that distance with a FH with that sharp of a corner.

I compared it to a GStar Valkyrie and it had slightly more turn to it. 9/6/2.5/2 if you think a Valkyrie GStar flies to it's numbers.

I recommend this disc, great fun to throw.

Thanks Carl, this is what I was hoping it would be, kind of the opposite of my 1.1. SOLFs.
Ginna have to see how they roll, too!

Delicious Swedish mint candy just delivered to my door. Out to the field I go...

Attachments

• 20170429_164534.jpg
    20170429_164534.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 116
Got about 25 throws in with this out in the field. Right away, nearest comparison I can think of is a Hatchet. Similar to what was said above; flat release it comes out understable and cruises that way for a long time--just stable enough to not completely burn out. 8 o'clock release is pretty great--flips up cruises and showed a really late turn to the understable side before sitting down nicely. 7 o'clock release--just as was said above, flips up to flat pretty early in flight glides out a long ways (I don't have a big arm and I was putting this 350 with zero effort) and the just kind of fights back a bit to a soft finish. Definitely a disc that wants finesse over power, but certainly capable of some really nice long controlled understable lines. If you like the Valkyrie, Hatchet, etc...you will love this...it's an US 9 speed bomber in K1, exactly what it was advertised to be.

Side note, feels great in the hand. Nice rim, mine had ZERO flashing, and is a really great run of K1. I think perhaps just because the thinness of the flight plate it feels a little more flexy than usual and is slightly grippy/tacky...almost like K1 and K2 had a baby.

Really digging this for sure, will try it out in the woods tomorrow.

Didn't get a chance to roll it, but it was a lot of fun to toss today at a woody 9 hole course.
Effortless distance, definitely deserves a 6 glide rating, I need more throws with it to get it dialed in though.

Got a 172g Falk yesterday. What an awesome disc! I bag a S-line CD2 and multiple FD's but Falk is more workable in tight wooded fairways. Only problem is that the disc is so glidey that it glides over baskets in short fairways :)

For my arm and technic the disc isn't too understable, let's see how quickly in beats up.

Got a 172g Falk yesterday. What an awesome disc! I bag a S-line CD2 and multiple FD's but Falk is more workable in tight wooded fairways. Only problem is that the disc is so glidey that it glides over baskets in short fairways :)

For my arm and technic the disc isn't too understable, let's see how quickly in beats up.

Here I was thinking I didnt need something between the comet and an SCD2. I was going to try one anyway, but now I worry I need to buy 5.

I picked up a couple and echo what is said here. I throw 300-325 on most distance throws, 350 on a perfect throw. I really like the Falk and am working it into my bag. Like all Kastaplast plastic, it looks and feels amazing. It flies like a new Star sidewinder, new Saint, or a beat in Star Valkryie. It has noticeably more glide than the discs I named above, I think the 6 rating is about right. It flies very much like a well-loved Star Valkyrie I bag, just a hair more stable. It is just stable enough that I can throw it high on an anhyzer and it will go way right but gives me a gradual fade at the end. It likes to be hyzer flipped. The glide makes it hard to get down as a roller, IMO, and I prefer my Valkyrie for that because I know the release angles better. I might like the Falk as a roller once I know it better, though.

If other molds from Kastaplast are any indication, the Glow Falk is going to be amazing and will fly like a 9/5/-1/2 or 3. I don't know if the trend will hold, though, because most Kastaplast discs are stable.

I through one of these vs a esp A-ss and they flew almost the exact same lines and on most of the throws they where less the 5' apart. both discs were new and the falk was a couple grams heavier.

Is anyone else finding the transparent K1 to be just a tick more stable than the opaque in this second run of Falks?

My Falks are both opaque and quite understable. I'm loving them for hyzerflip tunnel shots! I actually pulled out my G-FD (most understable FD used for hyzerflips, turnovers and rollers) and replaced it with a Falk. The Falk is just so buttery smooth. Between the mold itself and the K1 plastic, it just feels amazing in my hand and comes out as clean as any driver I've ever felt. Plus, the flight makes for effortless hyzerflips from 350' and in with enough stability to not go full roller, big sky annys, force a hard turnover and it makes a killer roller as well. I'm just loving this disc for effortless touch shots.

Just ordered a 170gram K1 mint green Falk! Excited to get a little more distance with this.

For some reason i can't get Terns up to speed backhand anymore(hip problem) ....but my longest throws are with a 168gram TP Underworld , hyzerflip straight or sky anyhyzers.

Hoping this Falk is a big brother of the Underworld and will go 20 feet longer with a hare more fade.

So I got one of these from Infinite. A 171g light blue opaque K1. It seems more star plastic like than I was expecting. Can't see through it at all.

I have not thrown it yet but what immediately struck me from looking at it, it's how similar it is to a Bandit. It looks like a Bandit clone. The nose might be a little bit more rounded but everything about it looks very similar to me.

Can't wait to throw it. I love Bandits, I'm sure I'll love this.

Yikes, this thing is WAY more understable than any Bandit I have. It seems more understable than even my Icon Mongoose. More flippy than a Hatchet. Maybe on par with an Underworld. I'm surprised actually. I was expecting understable but..... this might be a little ridiculous. Not sure it's getting anywhere near my bag any time soon. I'll keep trying and maybe I'll figure it out but so far, this is my first Kastaplast disappointment.

So I got one of these from Infinite. A 171g light blue opaque K1. It seems more star plastic like than I was expecting. Can't see through it at all.

I have not thrown it yet but what immediately struck me from looking at it, it's how similar it is to a Bandit. It looks like a Bandit clone. The nose might be a little bit more rounded but everything about it looks very similar to me.

Can't wait to throw it. I love Bandits, I'm sure I'll love this.

I'm not sure what Bandit you've got, but I didn't see that similarity at all. Closest thing I've seen to a Bandit is the Innova Viking. Those two discs are nearly identical. As far as the Falk goes, I have been enjoying it's ability to hyzerflip, but haven't gotten a ton of practice with it yet.