• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast Göte

lol just going off the video up there^ but even before, i had a feeling it would be similar based on the numbers too. bee tribs on fb is a dealer/sponsored player of theirs and had 200 or so that people preordered. in the lets kastaplast group on fb,people are posting where available.

For my throwing technique Göte is like slower Warship. It is definately more stable than I thought. But the glide is impressive. I would rate it 4/6/0/2. Im not yet sure if it stays in the bag, the rim is little too deep for me. Beat in these things could be pretty awesome!

A bit strange that kastaplast only have 3 midrange moulds and they are all OS

For my throwing technique Göte is like slower Warship. It is definately more stable than I thought. But the glide is impressive. I would rate it 4/6/0/2. Im not yet sure if it stays in the bag, the rim is little too deep for me. Beat in these things could be pretty awesome!

I've only thrown a friend's VIP Warship a handful of times, but watching him throw it a good amount I'd say that's probably a good comparison.

A bit strange that kastaplast only have 3 midrange moulds and they are all OS

I don't think I'd classy this as OS, definitely stable. Mine was flying pretty true to the numbers when I threw it about ~10 times this afternoon, and was easy to turnover when I was throwing anhyzer. It definitely held lines. Slightly sensitive to OAT like the Comet (which I like), but didn't burn out like my old-ESP Comet. I'm loving it so far. Unfortunately probably won't get to play for the next week or two with weather, so I'm looking forward to reading about everyone's testing!

I dont find any of Kastaplast mids OS. The kaxe is stable like a roc or teebird, the Z is stable to slightly understable. I dont bag a Z cause it really isnt enough different than the regular kaxe, both straight with a slight fade.

and the gote is neutral. Its definately going in the bag.

I only got 10 throws in with mine before dark.
If a comet is on the flippy side of perfectly neutral the gote is the stable side of neutral. It held every line I put it on. Slight flip up on a hard thrown hyzer, slight fade on a 70% thrown flat shot.

Wolf and Dirty I always enjoy reading what you have to say, but the Kaxe is not a mid.

Where do we draw the line? I think I was talking at SD in another thread but how is a 1.5 rim Kaxe[Z] a mid yet a 1.6 Leopard or JLS is a fairway? Last I checked a 1.3 Buzzz is a fast mid. Nevermind typing, here's what I'm referring to:

[regarding putters] I only went the mid route for the MVP discs because I find MVP mids like the Axis and Tangent because I found them to be fast-putter/slow-mid like, as opposed to many mids that are more glidey and faster. I posted before that when I take an all-MVP/Axiom bag to the course, I use their mids where I would throw Innova/Trilogy putt/approach discs.

Never thrown a Tangent.

Axis is a FAST mid. Buzzz is a fast mid. They're relatively interchangeable and the differences in design and feel (aside from dat gyro) are negligible. The capability of being able to power down an Axis is irrelevant. The Squall is also 1.3 rim width and is considered a tweener, the Kaxe is 1.5 and is wrongfully called a mid from time to time, the Truth is 1.5, etc etc. How is a 1.5 Truth less like a 1.6 Leopard and more like a 1.2 Stingray? The Spider is also 1.3 but is a slower mid by design (more narrow diameter helps this compared to the wide Buzzz and Axis, as well as wing shape and bead).

All this "anything that isn't a Warship or Truth is slow" is nonsense.

Regardless, I am curious to throw one of these and LOVE Kastaplastic.

People can tell me if I am off base, but it seems to me that a growing number of new players' views about midranges may now be different than what was the norm 10 years ago.

Midranges, such as the Innova Roc, have for years been the workhorses in players bags, and you still see players like Philo Brathwaite throwing it to great success. But, putters have now become the workhorses in many player's bags. It now seems to be more common for players to throw putters in situations where one would once have chosen a midrange. We can now watch players like James Conrad, who chooses to throw a JK Pro Aviar X on just about anything inside of 350 feet.

If a person follows this model of choosing to throw putters, it may cause a change in how they view their midranges. They may not look to speed 4 and 5 discs, thinking that they don't find enough difference between those and their throwing putters to convince them to choose the 4/5 disc. But, if a disc were a bit faster, then they could see the justification for throwing it instead of the putter. So, maybe a speed 6 disc becomes the new "midrange" for them; the disc that they move up to from a putter.

People can tell me if I am off base, but it seems to me that a growing number of new players' views about midranges may now be different than what was the norm 10 years ago.

Midranges, such as the Innova Roc, have for years been the workhorses in players bags, and you still see players like Philo Brathwaite throwing it to great success. But, putters have now become the workhorses in many player's bags. It now seems to be more common for players to throw putters in situations where one would once have chosen a midrange. We can now watch players like James Conrad, who chooses to throw a JK Pro Aviar X on just about anything inside of 350 feet.

If a person follows this model of choosing to throw putters, it may cause a change in how they view their midranges. They may not look to speed 4 and 5 discs, thinking that they don't find enough difference between those and their throwing putters to convince them to choose the 4/5 disc. But, if a disc were a bit faster, then they could see the justification for throwing it instead of the putter. So, maybe a speed 6 disc becomes the new "midrange" for them; the disc that they move up to from a putter.

Totally agree. Once upon a time, the midrange was just that... the "mid"-range, the middle speed disc. Then higher and higher speed drivers came along, and what once was distance drivers became fairway drivers.

It's all good, and ya gotta love the choices we have today. :thmbup:

Then faster variants of mids showed up (Roc3, etc.). And the approach disc/fast putter showed up. While the lines are blurred somewhat, a 'putter' such as the Colt or Stud is really filling the gap between the new mids and the slow putters..

^Your point is generally correct but the Destroyer class has been out for a long time (approved in '07). Disc rims haven't gotten wider aside from the occasional Rampage etc. which was approved in 2011. Warship is '11 and Truth is '13.

I get that the Aviar used to be the fastest disc on the market. I get that times change in the beveled edge disc world. When the Leopard came out (2001) it was classified as "long range driver" and shifted to "fairway driver" just like the Banshee (1.8 rim) went from "distance driver" to "fairway driver" - that's cool. My arguement is if the Kaxe came out even 10 years ago it would have been called a fairway, let alone 18 years ago.

Don't mind me I'm just a curmudgeon that likes petty arguements:wall:

/derail

Wolf and Dirty I always enjoy reading what you have to say, but the Kaxe is not a mid.

Where do we draw the line? I think I was talking at SD in another thread but how is a 1.5 rim Kaxe[Z] a mid yet a 1.6 Leopard or JLS is a fairway? Last I checked a 1.3 Buzzz is a fast mid.

Regardless, I am curious to throw one of these and LOVE Kastaplastic.

Is a Squall a mid? The Archer? The Kaxe feels and flies, like it belongs with them.

I use those discs like hybrid irons in regular golf... but disc golfers use the term hybrid differently.

They are longer than a classic mid but they have lower cruise speeds than a fairway. To me, this is what a true hybrid is, not a speed 10 disc. If I call it a hybrid, it will confuse people even more.

I am still going with mid, because that's closer to how I use it... and it will confuse people less than calling it a hybrid.

My local shop has these in stock now. I resisted the siren call of the sexy Kastaplast plastic.

Is a Squall a mid? The Archer? The Kaxe feels and flies, like it belongs with them.

I use those discs like hybrid irons in regular golf... but disc golfers use the term hybrid differently.

They are longer than a classic mid but they have lower cruise speeds than a fairway. To me, this is what a true hybrid is, not a speed 10 disc. If I call it a hybrid, it will confuse people even more.

I am still going with mid, because that's closer to how I use it... and it will confuse people less than calling it a hybrid.

My solution to this is simple:

Stuff between putter and mid: approach disc

Stuff between mid and fairway: tweener disc

Stuff between fairway and distance: hybrid disc

My solution to this is simple:
Stuff between putter and mid: approach disc
Stuff between mid and fairway: tweener disc
Stuff between fairway and distance: hybrid disc

Not sure there's much of anything between mids and fairway discs. The Cheetah and Leopard are just a step up from mids in terms of speed, but are considered fairway drivers.

Some use "control" driver to describe faster (speed 9 or so) fairway-range drivers, and "fairway" driver for the slower (speed 7-ish) drivers in that arena.

Definitely a tweener. I agree its not really a mid. It is more blunt than same rim-width drivers though.

But this is the GOTE thread...

I threw 36 holes off the tee with the Gote. Absolute line holding gliding machine. It is the go to mid I have been waiting for longer than kastaplast was a company.

Definitely a tweener. I agree its not really a mid. It is more blunt than same rim-width drivers though.

But this is the GOTE thread...

I threw 36 holes off the tee with the Gote. Absolute line holding gliding machine. It is the go to mid I have been waiting for longer than kastaplast was a company.

Now if someone will get them in stock so I can buy one....

I think GÖTE sold better than Kastaplast expected. . the biggest online shop here in Sweden released 240pc at midnight. . . and a few minutes later the site crashed. . .but a hour later all 240pc were sold.
That made the Göte the 2nd most sold disc in 2019 for the biggest online shop in Sweden

so, to people who have thrown heavy opto fuses , how would this compare? it looks similar in the vid ive seen but id like input. the opto fuse i use is very similar in the descriptions you guys have given so far. very easy to manipulate,glides for days etc. the fuse is just slow like a putter and has very little lateral movement when thrown on a rope but can bend corners like no other mids ive thrown. i love kastaplast plastic so im intrigued by the gote

Flies like my heavy 2nd run ESP comet...the good ones with the high shoulder, or my older gummy QMS once the flashing wore off a little...it's point and shoot with a tick of stability.

My testing is at more than 5k ft above sea level, so take that into consideration but tests of anything I compare to also is thrown at elevation.

Yes not as flippy as any fuse I have thrown. I think comet/roc hybrid is not an unfair comparison. Glides almost as much as the comet and has almost as much stability as a dx roc.

I know this is basically a DGCR wet dream when described this way, but I think it can live up to it.

Definately touchier than a roc, a few times I was trying to push it too hard and got sloppy with my toss it responded poorly to OAT.

Thrown flat and smooth up to 75% power I got zero turn. On a smooth throw up to 90% power adding a touch of hyzer was enough to keep it straight.

Maybe a half tick more high speed stable than the most stable limited esp comet almost as much glide.

I have struggled to justify a buzzz and a comet in my bag on and off for years. I really think this could be the solution, though the buzzz would do a little better in the wind, I am throwing a kaxe for those shots these days anyway.

Latest posts