• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

KEEN customer service

Jimmy

Eagle Member
Earlier this year (February) I ordered a pair of Tryons from KEEN directly. Loved 'em. Incredibly comfortable, wore in rain right away and waterproofing worked well, traction seemed good. But, very soon after the outsole started to separate from the midsole as has happened with so many other DG shoes.
Long story short, now that the Delaveagas came out which seem to be better in that area, I decided to give their warranty a try. All I had to do was fill out a form, with a pic of the damage, and they gave me a $120 credit. I didn't even have to send in the old ones.

Delaveagas are on their way.

Good to hear, I have a pair of Sun Valley slippers that are kinda falling apart, was wondering if filling out that form was worth it or not.

sooooo whats the point of the thread?

Sometimes, people use web forums as a way to share information so that others in need of said information have a place they can obtain it. Perhaps someone else is wondering how KEEN's warranty works. Perhaps someone has a damaged pair of KEEN's and needs to know their options for having them replaced.

Last edited:
sooooo whats the point of the thread?

Letting other abusive to shoe people know that KEEN backs the warranty with out 99 "requirements" or loop holes for them not to be responsible.

A def +1 for KEEN.

Earlier this year (February) I ordered a pair of Tryons from KEEN directly. Loved 'em. Incredibly comfortable, wore in rain right away and waterproofing worked well, traction seemed good. But, very soon after the outsole started to separate from the midsole as has happened with so many other DG shoes.
Long story short, now that the Delaveagas came out which seem to be better in that area, I decided to give their warranty a try. All I had to do was fill out a form, with a pic of the damage, and they gave me a $120 credit. I didn't even have to send in the old ones.

Delaveagas are on their way.

That's a "one-up" on Merrill's...I had to return my shoes (paying for the shipping myself) to get a new pair.

However, with the lifetime warranty on waterproofing, I'll just keep sending them back ad nauseum for a new pair. I just wish I didn't have to pay for shipping.

:\

Merrills have not impressed me. I got a gently used pair, was stoked. Started wearing my Bites again a month later. The soles just arent up to snuff on the ones I have.

Been looking at Keens all night now though. Maybe I can sell enough pearly plastic to get a new pair of shoes.

I'll definitely take a look at this company - I've been DGing in 8 year old tennis shoes from my senior year in high school.

Gotta support (what feels like) the last few companies with that kind of customer service!

Merrills have not impressed me. I got a gently used pair, was stoked. Started wearing my Bites again a month later. The soles just arent up to snuff on the ones I have.

Been looking at Keens all night now though. Maybe I can sell enough pearly plastic to get a new pair of shoes.

Yeah, I LOVE Merrill Moabs w/goretex...comfy, blah blah...they just don't hold up as long as I'd like them to for the money I'm paying for them.

Still, as long as I can keep sending my beat ass pair back for a shiny new set, I'm in. :)

the soles arent that good from what I have heard. great customer service is awesome, but if that customer service backs a crappy product I will have to pass. Note: not going on personal experience just what I have heard

Keen does have a great customer service but horrible shoes. I went through two pair of the Milo IIs in less then 6 months. The sole started coming up a month after I was using them and I wasn't even playing DG in them. They replaced both pairs with just a pic and explanation. I finally got the red rocks and so far so good. I had merrells chameleon for three years (worked and played in them) and the only thing that went wrong with them was the insole.

Yes sir. Both pair of Milo IIs did this. This is a bad pic but it is what I sent them and they gave me a voucher. The sole came up way more then that. Every time you would walk it would catch on something and almost trip you.

Attachments

• 2011-09-08_10-07-21_468.jpg
    2011-09-08_10-07-21_468.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 71
I read that Keen made the Delavega a one piece sole to solve the problem of separation that the Milo line exhibited.

Just my 2¢ but I love my Teva low top hiking shoes that I have, I've probably played with them 2 rounds a week for a year and haven't noticed any ripping or tearing so far. They aren't waterproof (wear goretex socks) for that though. I love them.

I play with Targhee II Keen shoe and I think they are very comfortable. I too had the problem with the separation of the rubber after about 15 rounds. I took them back to the store and they sent them back no charge and I got a new pair. Personally I think that is exactly what should of happened so I have no complaints. I swear the new pair they sent me have better glue or something because they are holding up much better than the first pair.

I read that Keen made the Delavega a one piece sole to solve the problem of separation that the Milo line exhibited.

Viola! Problem solved. I got the De La's and have only heard good things about them. :thmbup:

I bought a pair of the Voyageur Mid 3 years ago for some light duty hiking and a lot of travel. CRAZY comfortable shoe, probably one of the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. (I used to work at an athletic shoe store in college, so I've worn a ton of different shoes.) They're pretty well beat now, 5/10 I'd say, but I still wear them for discin fairly often.

I will say, the sole did start to separate very slightly within the first year but I just used some ShoeGoo before it got out of control. Since it was just the little nubs that wrap up the side of the sole, the second time it happened I just cut it off. Zero separation since then.

I've worn these things all over the world, literally. This was pretty much the only shoe I wore for a 3 week backpacking trip through Europe. Plus short hikes and travel all over the US and a bit in Canada. Haven't let me down overall.

Despite their flaws, I'd buy another pair in a heartbeat. (Especially when you can find them at REI on sale for $75)

I hate em. 2 months old and soles are done. Ive had $25 wal-mart brand shoes last 3 months.

I play with Targhee II Keen shoe and I think they are very comfortable. I too had the problem with the separation of the rubber after about 15 rounds. I took them back to the store and they sent them back no charge and I got a new pair. Personally I think that is exactly what should of happened so I have no complaints. I swear the new pair they sent me have better glue or something because they are holding up much better than the first pair.

I've had Targhee IIs since July, and they have held up just fine. That's six months of near daily wear with no sole separation. I did have a big thorn puncture the soft part of the sole on one, but that's the only issue I've had. But they are heavy. I think I will try a lighter shoe in the future.

Latest posts