• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Knife Hyzers

Any disc in my bag...it doesn't have to be overstable for me to throw a spike hyzer (I'm assuming that's what knife means), an overhand, or a trick shot with them.

Crystal Challenger up to 250 feet. ESP Hornet 250-299 feet. DX Viper for anything else right now. For 400 foot spike hyzers, I can't get it all the way there, but I will throw something under stable like a Katana on a big hyzer and let it flip up a little then crash in.

My favorite for this slot overall right now is the DX Viper.

Chickens or boss depending on the length

the flat glow firebirds and the 12x thrower firebirds are both pretty good for this shot. both a so overstable they'll almost knife when thrown flat lol ok maybe not that overstable but close

Crazy overstable 11x Eagle, Firebird, overstable Opto Striker, Opto Trident.

Dome will sometimes cause it to glide too much which is not something you want for accurate spike hyzers. That's in my experience though.

Dome will sometimes cause it to glide too much which is not something you want for accurate spike hyzers. That's in my experience though.

A domey firebird is going to glide a whole lot less than a flat leopard. I would think about the disc mold more than the dome when choosing a disc for that shot.

Latest posts