• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

konza_kid ITB

konza_kid

Birdie Member
Wanted a good way to track what i've been throwing, thought this would be a good spot.
age: 29 max distance: ~450 distance with control: ~400-415

grip b-series
(all max weight unless noted)

Putters:
4x kc aviar - (one putt only)
1x classic aviar

Mids:
3x kc roc's (2 are 177g)
2x q-sentinel (one glow)

Fairway:
1x champ leo -171
3x teebird ( 11x, star, brinster)
1x star roadrunner
1x champ thunderbird
2x firebirds ('18 sexton, FAF)

Drivers:
1x star wraith (bottom stamp)
1x scorpious (1.8) 171g
1x destroyer ( bottom stamp) 167g
1x echo xcal

thoughts or questions welcome!

disc down for injury bag

putters:
3x KC pro
1x Classic aviar
1x DX rhyno

Mids:
4x roc (3 kc, 1 dx)
1x q sent

fairways:
2x leopard (1 echo, 1 champ)
1x C-FD
3x Teebird (11x, Star, Brinster)
2x star Road runner
2x firebird ('18 sexton, FAF)
1x Champ thunderbird

really only missed my wraith/scorpious on two holes, but was still able to make par. I really enjoyed just playing the glide of the discs that I brought instead of trying to throw them so hard. Rocs, Leos, and Roadrunners really go a long way when you back off them a little, as counter-intuitive as that may seem. might bring this setup more even when I heal up.

Simple bag:

I am able to throw almost full power but didn't want to haul a full (heavy) pack so i left some backups or duplicates home and had one of my best rounds at my home course (rosedale)

Putters:
classic aviar (putt only)
SS omega
2x kc aviar
dx rhyno

Mids:
2x roc (1dx, 1KC)
2x sentinel (1 millenium, 1 quantum)

Fairways:
2x champ teebird (11x, brinster)
star RR (barsby)
champ thunderbird (172)
2x firebird (colorglow, FAF)

Drivers:
star wraith
sirius scorpius
star xcal

Some additional thoughts, I liked having less options even between the same mold, there was no debate of which thunderbird etc... also speaking of the thunderbird, can't believe it took me so long to get one in my bag. Such a good disc, it compliments my teebirds well too.

Also I have for the moment switched from kc pro to classic aviars for my putting. They glide better and come out smooth, seem to just make more putts. Throw what works right?

Cold, wet day bag from this weekend. I forget how much cold air just wants to knock down your discs, and can we just say that there is nothing worse than slick teepads? It's surprising how conditions can take holes that are usually an easy roc shot, and turn them into something that needs a driver.

This bag also reflects my other weekend activity; going through all of my discs and paring down to a reasonable amount of backups for molds that I actually throw. Got rid of 20 discs, progress right?

Putters:
2x classic aviar - putting
3x KC Pro aviar - throwing

Mids:
3x roc ( 2 KC, 1 Dx)
1x q sentinel (glow brinster)

Fairway:
4x teebirds ( 11x, star, swirl star, brinster)
1x RR (star)
1x Thunderbird (champ)
2x Firebird (color glow, FAF)

Driver:
1x wraith (bottom stamp star)
2x destroyer (philo, bottom stamp)
1x scorpius ( 1.8 bottom stamp sirius)
2x xcal (echo, star)

took the rhyno out, it was great for short forehand flicks, but I throw my putters a ton, so having that be a one shot disc wasn't worth the real estate. In my drivers the destroyers actually sandwich my scorp in terms of stability, the philo being less, and the bottom stamp being more.

Do you use different distance driver molds for forehand vs backhand?

Personally, I've never carried more than 3 distance drivers. One hyzer flippy, one straight and one overstable.

I like your 4 mid setup. I keep it simple in that range as well. Do you use your mids for fairway shots and drives? I typically only use mids from the tee and when I have a "midrange" shot from the fairway, I'm ripping a putter.

Do you use different distance driver molds for forehand vs backhand?

Personally, I've never carried more than 3 distance drivers. One hyzer flippy, one straight and one overstable.

I like your 4 mid setup. I keep it simple in that range as well. Do you use your mids for fairway shots and drives? I typically only use mids from the tee and when I have a "midrange" shot from the fairway, I'm ripping a putter.

Well my forehand is kinda garbage, but I prefer the xcal for forehands, seems to get right farther for me. In this setup I have a lot more distance drivers than normal, I usually carry four. Very similar to your setup plus a super overstable for those Kansas City winds.

I try and throw the slowest disc that will get me to the basket, seems to give the best control. My putters I throw to 275' pretty accurately, can push them to 300, but for that 275~325 range i prefer my rocs. They fly like faster putters for me.

Have you considered one of those fashionable, OS putter/mid tweener discs? You mention that your FH is garbage but there are a lot of uses for a short OS disc that skips less than a Firebird.

Have you considered one of those fashionable, OS putter/mid tweener discs? You mention that your FH is garbage but there are a lot of uses for a short OS disc that skips less than a Firebird.

They come in and out of my bag, i've tried harp, gator, zone and rhyno. They just didn't get used enough. Maybe one day they will come back, but kc pros take forehands better than one would expect. What do you use for that slot?

I use a Zone presently, as I consider it sort of the de-facto option for that slow OS disc. Sometimes though I would like to bag a mortar again and pair it with something slower than the zone, like the rhyno or aviarX3.

Really though, if you're comfortable FHing KC Aviars, no reason to bag something else. Half the reason most people bag one of these little OS tweener discs is for comfort on FH anyway.

Bit of an overhaul on the bag, I took a look at what was actually getting thrown in my bag, and what I click with. It was pretty eye opening, don't know if if just over analyzing or what, but trying to prepare for every situation left my bag light on the shots that I like and can execute the best. Too many overstable discs that were only getting thrown once or twice, along with me trying to shoehorn certain molds into my bag. Had to admit/recognize I like straight/neutral discs with a little turn and glide that are easy to throw and can be shaped. So it might not look too different but it feels very different.

Putters:
1x SS omega (putt)
1x classic aviar (putt)
3x KC pro aviar (throw)

mids:
2x comet (esp, glow)
2x MD4 (c-line)

Fairway:
2x fd (c-line)
2x brinster teebird
2x cd2 (c-line)
2x firebird (sexton, FAF)

Distance:
2x Wraith (star)
2x Scorpius (sirius)
1x xcal (echo)

Thoughts:
My mids went through a complete overhaul. The roc's were one of those discs that I liked, but never really loved. The comet is a perfectly beat roc in premium plastic which gives it a much more reliable lifespan. The md4 might be my favorite new disc in a long time. I can shape just about any line with it backhand and is a really good touch forehand disc. The sentinels that the MD4 replaced were almost too much for most shots and the roc's weren't enough. The comet/MD4 are a much better compliment in my mind.

I busted out my fds and cd2's again, these things are lasers. Love the teebirds still but the fade at the end is a little much, my favorite shot is straight with little to no fade, these fit the bill. The other change was admitting to myself that scorps are a tiny bit too much for me, great for wind or long shots that need fade, but the wraith just goes farther with way less effort. I know exactly what they do and am glad I decided to stop being a dingus.

18 at heritage

Putters:
1x classic aviar
1x ss omega
3x banger gt (2x ti, 1x pro-d)

Mids:
2x comet (1x esp mj, 1x ti)
1x MD4 (c-line)

Fairways:
2x fd (c-line)
2x teebird (brinster)
1x CD2 (c-line)
2x firebird (sexton, faf)

Drivers:
2x wraith (star)
2x scorp (Sirius)
1x xcal (echo)

I had been reading the MJ thread a lot and decided to give the comet and bangers a chance, both of those discs are now here to stay. Something about this setup seemed to click with me. Had all the shots covered, decisions were quick and clear but still had enough to be creative when I got in trouble. Think this is going to be the main setup for 2019. Will probably end up adding another md4, cd2, and xcal just for backups.

What about understable fairways, are your FD's really beat or something? That's a really important slot for me playing in the woods.

What about understable fairways, are your FD's really beat or something? That's a really important slot for me playing in the woods.

I have one that is pretty beat, but that C plastic is pretty tough. FD's fly pretty neutral for me, so I can throw some nice turnovers. I prefer to shape shots with neutral discs than try to flip stuff. What are you throwing in that spot?

For a while I have been carrying 2 Patriots. A dead straight Icon, and a lighter-weight Pinnacle. I find the lighter Pinnacles to be pretty understable out of the box. Then I also carry a Sparkle Nemesis for extreme turnovers (but mostly it's a roller disc).

I recently dropped my Pinnacle Patriot for a super beat Z Stalker but that's probably just off-season fiddling.

Quick round in San Antonio

Putters:
2x omega
3x banger gt

Mids:
3x comet
1x md4

Fairway:
2x FD
2x cd2
2x firebird

Drivers:
2x wraith
2x scorpius
1x xcal

Took teebirds out, the cd2 can cover those lines when powered down, and can also cover longer shots. Overall super satisfied with this setup

I like this bag a lot. I don't know many people who throw CD2's but if it's got a mellower fade than a Teebird, makes sense that you could take the T's out and cover the lines with CD2's and a sexton firebird.

I'm curious about you taking the destroyers out but leaving the Scorps in, is there that much of a difference in stability?

I like this bag a lot. I don't know many people who throw CD2's but if it's got a mellower fade than a Teebird, makes sense that you could take the T's out and cover the lines with CD2's and a sexton firebird.

I'm curious about you taking the destroyers out but leaving the Scorps in, is there that much of a difference in stability?

The cd2's when powered down will have a very similar flight to the teebird, so I just couldn't see keeping them in the everyday bag. Windy days they will still come out.

The scorps have the same stability as destroyers, it is really a hand feel thing for me.

Played another round in San Antonio, same setup as above for the most part. Met up with a friend that I hadn't seen in years, he gave me a pfn star firebird that I left here years ago, and it is beautiful. That went right in the bag, then halfway through our round he commented on how he liked the way my banger flew so I traded my pro-d one for a beat up Aviar with the fat tire flyer stamp. It's like big jerm said sometimes you just need that love in your bag, mold minimalism be damned.

Also chained out from 300' with my ti comet. Love that disc, comets and scorpius did the heavy lifting that round.

I just got into Comets with a swirly ESP. I'm really enjoying throwing it so far, and it has started out pretty understable, compared to my previous Z Comet I lost doing field work.

What gamut of Comets do you throw/bag?

What gamut of Comets do you throw/bag?

In the bag I have a 174-175 TI, 177+ mj swirl glo esp, and a 177+ elite z.

Just got done with some field work and found some interesting things, on full throws the ti will finish right, the esp straight, and the z a little left. But when I'm powering them down for 150-250 the Ti actually has more fade than the esp; the z still being the most stable.

Are you only bagging the one right now?

Latest posts