• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kristin Tattar #73986

Last week on Ultiworld they were discussing how the POTY race wasn't over, but I don't know how it could still even been considered a race at this point. Kristin has been dominant even not being 100% healthy. If she is fully healthy and able to be over in the US even more next season, the FPO division better watch out.

Not answering for Jolt, but maybe it's because PP is ranked 2nd on tour and would be the next most likely possibility. Plus she represents diversity and her documentary has the side benefit of promoting disc golf and women's disc golf, not just her.

why would a documentary have anything to do with POY?

why would a documentary have anything to do with POY?

As mentioned upthread in post 47, the DGPT POY has a subjective media vote component. Some voters may credit her media effort as promoting dg and deem it worthy of recognition.

i.e. DGPT's Player of the Year award entails more than performance.

For DGPT POY:
https://www.dgpt.com/announcements/dgpt-announces-points-and-awards-structure-for-the-2022-season/
Player of the Year

Criteria – 33% Media Vote, 33% Tour Points, 33% Average Finish at PDGA Professional Majors + Tour Championship.

DGPT eliminated the Fan Vote component present for 2021 POY: https://www.dgpt.com/2021-awards-and-2022-all-stars/ and now taking Major finishes into the calculation.

Majors finishes so far:
PP has an average placement of 7th for 4 major finishes.
KT has an average of 1.5 for 2 major finishes.

So KT DGPT tour championship finish will count for 1/3 compared to 1/5 for PP if the finishes are all weighted the same without dropping results.

Tour Points so far:
KT is #1 with 1055
PP is #2 with 990

Media Vote:
I'm really not sure who is considered a Media member here. Does it include UDisc, StatMando, Ultiworld, DGN producers/shows/podcasts, Smashboxxx, JomezPro, Gatekeeper, GKPro, CCDG?

Last edited:
As mentioned upthread in post 47, the DGPT POY has a subjective media vote component. Some voters may credit her media effort as promoting dg and deem it worthy of recognition.

did not remember seeing post 47 and was not aware that media was a factor. Consider me educated. I don't agree with it but educated none the less.

obs an ironic post. . .

So 100% US media is going to decide if a US or European player is going to win. . is that really fair?

I suppose the credit for finding the recipe goes to CD-.

There are 2 different POY awards from PDGA and DGPT
PDGA is strictly results at different tier based
https://www.pdga.com/pdga-player-rookie-year/2022

DGPT has a subjective Media vote component along with DGPT event points and results at Majors/DGPT Championship
https://www.dgpt.com/announcements/dgpt-announces-points-and-awards-structure-for-the-2022-season/

Pierce has points from 3 Majors contributing to her healthy lead in the PDGA rankings while Tattar only has 2 Major finishes.

I do not think the DGPT Championship will count towards PDGA POY. Those results would only affect the DGPT POY standings (grouped with Majors). Tattar has a good shot at winning the DGPT POY but it'll be tough to catch up in the PDGA POY standings. With the remaining events - 2 Elite series (GMC & MVP Open) and any A tier(s) (Throw Pink & potentially others in North America before the end of the year??) the points really aren't available for Tattar if Pierce picks up points at any more events.

I don't know who the media votes are, but I have a hard time thinking the "disc golf media" would go any way but Kristin.

Last edited:
If whoever gave out these awards was serious about their jobs, look at the top players head to head, score separation in events they played together, and draw your conclusions.

Facebook likes, instagam followers has jack shyte to do with playing disc golf

KT definitely will be a force to be reckoned with for the next few years in FPO.

It'll be interesting to see how long she can keep this podium streak going. The only "blemish" she has in 2022 is a DNF at Tyyni.

A bunch of FPO players will never see a top 5 finish at World's.... and that's her worst finish in 2021.

Most players, you look past their worst performances, and talk about how high their bar might be. For Kristin, the interesting thing is just how high her lower threshold is.

Barring injury, she doesn't seem to have bad days. What might be every bit as impressive her upper limit and all the 1000+ rated rounds she throws, is just how consistently she is able to perform at a level that's elite, among the elites.

Nothing off Silver, but you gotta wonder how many times they've gone head to head, and she simply beat him straight up.

It'll be interesting to see how long she can keep this podium streak going. The only "blemish" she has in 2022 is a DNF at Tyyni.

A bunch of FPO players will never see a top 5 finish at World's.... and that's her worst finish in 2021.

Most players, you look past their worst performances, and talk about how high their bar might be. For Kristin, the interesting thing is just how high her lower threshold is.

Barring injury, she doesn't seem to have bad days. What might be every bit as impressive her upper limit and all the 1000+ rated rounds she throws, is just how consistently she is able to perform at a level that's elite, among the elites.

Nothing off Silver, but you gotta wonder how many times they've gone head to head, and she simply beat him straight up.

I don't disagree with anything you said, but I hope she isn't thinking about any of that. Regardless of how great someone is, the pressure to consistently perform at a level above anyone that's come before would give most people a nervous breakdown.