• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

La Mirada - Back 18 Question

mrchops

So I've only been playing (aside from every weekend when I was a kid with my dad) for the past few months or so. La Mirada (So Cal) is my home course now. On the Back 18 they removed baskets 1 and 2, and you now start on 3. I've heard the other locals say that they mixed 1 & 2 in somewhere to keep the back at 18 holes still. However I've only spotted basket #1 (without any idea as to how to play it in properly). Unfortunately I never see anyone playing the back when I attempt it so I'm a bit stumped.

Anyone on here happen to have an updated map of the Back 18? Pro shop only has the original layout (which she didn't tell me and happily took my $.25 anyway).

Thanks!

The filler holes are easy to spot and the course flows from 3. Hole 8 is one of the new holes and they added a hole by the softball field.

So is basket labeled #1 (in between the 7th tee and basket around the left dogleg) actually used?

Ask one of the guys that work in the shop, not the asian lady. She's no help. I think there might even be a hand drawn map of the new ones on the wall of the shop.

I'll check out the pro shop again (I've only ever seen the Asian lady in there) and give the back another go this weekend. Thanks.

I made this in 10 minutes, but it gives you the idea of the layout. It is by no means accurate.

La_Mirada_Back18_Rough_Layout.jpg

What's up VT!

I miss Hole 1 but it was becoming too tough to play on weekends so I understand. I really like the new 5/6 transition instead of that long 600 foot hole that used to be there.

Fanstastic, thanks! 5/6 is where I got screwed up cause I didn't notice a tee for 6.

I was just thinking 17 is one if the trippiest holes I have played.... A power anhyzer across a small valley. I rarely get that angle right. I bet Ventura Tom throws his Stingray on that one.

Latest posts