• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

La Mirada, El Dorado

drkstr

Birdie Member
I will be in Lakewood, CA Oct 10 - 24 and hope to a least get out to La Mirada and El Dorado in between trips to Disneyland, family visits, Birthday celebrations and so on...... El Dorado is only 5 minutes away. I've got a Travel Tag so maybe I can make a swap during this visit. If you're interested in playing with an old geezer :D keep an eye on this thread and I'll post times I'll be able to get out and about.

The only plan I have so far is to take our Grandson to Disneyland on the 11th. I may be meeting wildwing at El Dorado early Sat. the 13th (nothing definite as yet) ~~ may go to El Dorado on my own on Friday the12th since it's so close.
As for La Mirada I will probably be sneeking out there sometime between the 15th and the 18th.
We'll be heading down to the border on the 19th and maybe hitting Brengle Terrace Park (in Vista) on the way down.

I will try to meet ya early on Saturday if you guys still manage that. I am in downtown LA and can meet up if you're interested in anywhere else.

Alrighty Avus. I'll send you a PM if I hear from wildwing. I can be at El Dorado either way early on Sat. Like I said El Dorado is close and will be easier for me to arrange transportation (borrowing a car from the in-laws)

I have two more buddies, one is bneely on here, that are gonna meet as well.

i just played both of those, you will have a great time! if you have a chance, drive up to pasadena and play oak grove. it's our mecca!

wildwing and I will be at El Dorado tomorrow at 6:30am ~ Alrighty, this is working out just fine. wildwing says he is heading up to Chavez Ravine after El Dorado.

chavez is ok, i talked to a local while i was at el dorado (before i played) and he said that everything is in short because of a recent ace race. while it was a nice change of pace from the park style courses, it was REALLY REALLY short. good for a quick play but a little underwhelming. you'll be close to OG at that point - no more than 15 minutes.

I won't be making the trip to Chavez ~ way to many "family events" going on this weekend. Things will slow down a bit during the next week so if I can I would really like to hit Oak Grove. I remember playing up there in the early 70's (with our beach frisbees and big lids) there were no baskets - just poles if I remember correctly. How can I resist when you guys refer to it as your "Mecca" :~)

Thanks thughjitsu ~ If I make it to La Mirada it will have to be sometime next week ~ not tuesday as we will be at Disneyland again with our Grandson ~ so days available are Mon - Wed or Thur. I'l PM you when I can pin a day down (can't ruffle the feathers of my wife with to much discin' :\ )

Monday night is the weekly at Verdugo hills 7pm i believe.

Yea next Monday ill be up at verdugo practicing for that, if you come Wednesday ill be there all day.

I had a great time this morning with wildwing, Avus, bneely and 5 or 6 others whose names I can't remember (sorry guys). Most of them were practicing for a tournament at ElDo next week. When I first arrived at the park it was still a bit dark with a beautiful crescent moon hanging up above the horizon......a just exactly perfect morning. Thank you for a real good time.

I should be able to get a round in at La Mirada on Wed (the earlier in the day the better).
I PM'ed thugjitsu as he has said he will be there all day. Anyone else available to throw a round or two?

I had a great time with thugjitsu, Ray, DenDog (couple of old pros), and Ryan on the back 18 ~ beautiful course. I didn't have time for the front 18. I love the wide open spaces of your large parks here in California.