• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Jade

Threw that pink 144g Jade a lot today and I really like it so far. First practice toss before our doubles round began I guess I threw it flat cause it just rolled over like a dog. Next toss I put on a big hyzer at a low speed and it held that hyzer the entire flight. Then we started the round and I gave it between a lot of hyzer and a little hyzer. It glides like crazy. More than any Lat64 made disc I've thrown before. More than a Saint or Diamond easily. Just effortless distance. Flies like it's a fast disc but doesn't feel like it in the hand. It's definitely still an understable disc but it's more controllable and able to take speed than a Diamond. If I throw it flat it will turn into a roller quick or hold a turnover line. It's pretty nice to give some hyzer and watch it flip up and turn for about 75% of the flight then slowly fight out of it. I loved it for shorter runup fairway shots on longer par 3's and par 4 holes. Great for standstill tosses in tight areas. Held a laser straight line from a standstill where I was facing going downhill. Really pleased I picked up a couple. I'll have to see how much I like the Witness but for now this is staying in the bag. Taking the River out completely to make room for it.

TL;DR
For those that don't like to read. It's very glidey and easy distance. Still flippy if you don't give hyzer and use good form.

Last edited:
Tossed it a couple of times today. I was afraid it would still be too floppy, but I was surprised at how straight it flew for me. I think it's going in my bag.

Awesome! Thanks for the early reviews...

What is the fade like on this beauty? A nice, Saint-ly forward fade would be sweet!

Steeze, how is it compared to an Air Saint in similar weights? Seems that would be the closest comparison disc in the Lat lineup.

Steeze, how is it compared to an Air Saint in similar weights? Seems that would be the closest comparison disc in the Lat lineup.

Pretty comparable I guess but the air saint I had got traded away fast. It was super flippy and I had to constantly use a big hyzer to even keep it from completely burning. Others have told me I'm wrong about that or I just had a fluke. I can admit maybe it was just a really early run of those and light air saint and possibly not like others. The Jade can still be flippy but it's easy to shape a hyzer or straight line with it too. I thought it was great. Very manageable and easy to control by adjusting your plane. It's early I still only threw it 8-10 times but right now if I had to sum it up in 4 words it would be "Super glide, easy distance" Keep in mind I threw the super light 144g pink one. DD didn't get any others that light of weight so maybe the 151-154 range is even more stable at high speeds. I really like it though. I'm going to enjoy it this month and then buy a few hatchets and witnesses on March 1. The witness will probably replace the underworld for me so I could keep this in the bag in my river slot and possibly lose an escape if I really like the hatchet. I carry like 3-4 escapes now I could cut it back to 2 but only if the hatchet is worthy. It's going to have to be sorted out by March 23rd and definitely by May 2. Those are my first two definite tournament dates.

I thought my Air Saint was super understable.
so I quit using it right away
But then, looking back, I thought maybe I was nuts.
So this makes me feel better.
I may have to dig it back out.

Last edited:
I couldnt stand my air saints either. I do however like my jade. I havent even really tried it for just regular straight shots or anything but there is one hole on my home course that this thing works perfect for. You can either side arm or throw a big high anny. This disc works great for this shot because it still has enough stability to hold the line and then flatten out just a little bit at the end to basically pancake down near the basket. So far I'm liking my jade.

When the Air Saints came out, I picked up one at each end of the weight range, something like a 146g and a 159g. There was a pronounced difference in relative stability with the lighter disc being difficult for me to push for distance without turning into the ground.

When the Air Saints came out, I picked up one at each end of the weight range, something like a 146g and a 159g. There was a pronounced difference in relative stability with the lighter disc being difficult for me to push for distance without turning into the ground.

This is my experience, too. I prefer "max weight" (>155g) AIR Saints in either red or orange OPTO. I've found these colors (and weights) mold up with the highest PLH...

Hmm, my Air Saint flies straight with healthy fade at the end.

I'm curious about how the Jade will stack up against some of these 150 class discs.

I couldnt stand my air saints either. I do however like my jade. I havent even really tried it for just regular straight shots or anything but there is one hole on my home course that this thing works perfect for. You can either side arm or throw a big high anny. This disc works great for this shot because it still has enough stability to hold the line and then flatten out just a little bit at the end to basically pancake down near the basket. So far I'm liking my jade.
sounds just like my Opto Fury.

sounds just like my Opto Fury.

Way easier to throw and more glide I think. Maybe similar flights and lines but the Jade so far for me is super easy to make it do what you want. I can make it flip and turn easy or I can change up the release some and get a straight flight or even a hyzer line out of it.

Maybe I'm being biased I never really cared for the Fury. Just seemed like a beat in saint that was less consistent and predictable. The Fury never seemed fast in my hand the Jade feels light and fast and able to go far even at lower speeds. Seriously so much glide. I had people in doubles asking me what I was throwing and saying wow a lot. That rarely happens for me. :D

Way easier to throw and more glide I think. Maybe similar flights and lines but the Jade so far for me is super easy to make it do what you want. I can make it flip and turn easy or I can change up the release some and get a straight flight or even a hyzer line out of it.

Maybe I'm being biased I never really cared for the Fury. Just seemed like a beat in saint that was less consistent and predictable. The Fury never seemed fast in my hand the Jade feels light and fast and able to go far even at lower speeds. Seriously so much glide. I had people in doubles asking me what I was throwing and saying wow a lot. That rarely happens for me. :D

I have not gelled with the Fury yet either. Not US for me at all. I really liked the Diamond, until I tried the F7 at least. I'll have to give the Jade a try.

I throw a fury also...I think the fury MAY be just a tick more understable than the Jade and I also think the Jade is faster. Could they probably be used for the same type of shots? sure, but it is all in the choice of the thrower. Additionally the Jades are lighter out of the box which makes them feasible for slower arm speed players or people who just don't like heavy plastic, or for kids also so that they have a better variety of discs to learn flight characteristics of earlier without the additional weight.

I have not gelled with the Fury yet either. Not US for me at all. I really liked the Diamond, until I tried the F7 at least. I'll have to give the Jade a try.

If you like the diamond but felt it was too undestable and the rim was just too small then the Jade is the answer. I liked the diamond but it was just never perfect. Too flippy and the rim was tiny. The Jade has a nice speed 9 size rim and it's got the sharper bevel to it. I want to pick up another thrower now in the highest 150 they got to go with the super light 144g to see if there is enough difference. I don't want to throw that tiger stripe stamp.

really really like the diamond and am looking forward to the Jade. I expect it to fly like a light weight MJLS to be honest. And that would be A.O.K. if it did :)

I liked the Diamond a lot, but if you try to throw it hard, look out. I got some of my longest and prettiest throws with that one.....

Will definitely have to sneak a Jade somehow.

Latest posts