• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Pure

I just got around to trying the Pure. I have 2 zero hard and 1 opto. First time with lat base plastic and I was impressed. The zero hard is pretty nice (for now). I haven't used them enough to say much but I played one round today and my first putt with the pure was a 30-35 ft swish! Probably more luck than anything else. The wind picked up after that so I didn't get to use them much more after that. Just as everyone says the pure is a laser of a driving putter too. :hfive:

Looking forward to spending more time with them

Just tried Opto for the first time and I've been slicing up almost any hole under 225ft. I've also been using it on approaches over 40ft and it has worked great.

The Opto plastic doesn't hurt my hand the way RGL did and the baseline plastics are just too soft to last for me.

I have a feeling it's just a matter of time before I get my second Pure ace.

i am thinking about switching from magics to pures for putting
(have an opto pure for driving)
my local shop has some older zerolines
and some soft zero and medium zero
the older zero feels like its between the soft and medium
is there a reason i should avoid these older pures?

Nope they are all good. Some people would probably love to get some old Zero's.

So unfortunately my prediction has not yet come true, but last Friday I had a drive smash the chains dead on and bounce off of the pole and flopped out... Next round on the same hole another frozen rope but it skipped off of the basket without touching chains.

Only a matter of time before one sticks. I don't think my heart can take any more fruitless chain smashing :(

have been messing around with the Pure over the last week or so ... man the Opto Pure is just a thing of beauty.. never seen a "putter" be able to do what this thing does .. things are just so sneaky

how does an opto pure compare to an opto fuse for technical and touch approaches?
driving?
handling wind?

how does an opto pure compare to an opto fuse for technical and touch approaches?
driving?
handling wind?

I've only thrown GL Fuses, but my Opto Pure is nothing like a Fuse. Think shorter Buzzz.

^^lol .. yeah i have very lil info on any other Lat or Trilogy discs.. the ones i have thrown in the past just didnt work.. but the PURE.. wow thing is insane off the tee.. a bit long for me to use on some of my upshots but fills what i would call the "tweener" role perfectly .. you can really crank on them too .. very, very nice!

Resurrection of this quality thread.

Took my 176 Opto Pure out of storage on a whim along with the rest of my putter varieties. Wow, I couldn't remember a beadless putter to feel this good. Began searching on here and discovered I even posted in here 5 years ago commenting I didn't like the feel.

Took it to the course to test, and drove on some Ace-able holes here. Wow, just straight. No fade, no turn. Drove to Milwaukee, found a Zero Hard and a Zero Soft all 176 gram. Love the feel of these both. Grippy but not tacky. Began putting with the Soft and approaching with the firm and using the opto off the tees. Love up to about 225 for me, beyond that I torque monkey.

The opto flight for drives is the exact same to me as my 180 Star Mako3. Just beautiful. Ordering a few more of each for backups. I may not like how these beat in if they're this perfect out of the box.

The Optos are kinda domey though, don't ya think?

compared to the actually flat OG pures in grip line plastic, yep. Shoulder raised up more-so than actual dome it seems really. I don't think making opto pures was the easiest thing in the world as they were wanted for a LONG time before coming out.

Last edited:
compared to the FLAT OG pures in grip line plastic, yep. Shoulder raised up more-so than actual dome it seems really. I don't think making opto pures was the easiest thing in the world as they were wanted for a LONG time before coming out.

Yeah, they're much fatter than base plastic Pures too. That was the main reason I started looking elsewhere for a premium driving and approach putter. Guess which one I found, and that just owns the Pure. :D

the top rounds up more than Id say a dome. Either way, I don't mind the difference because I grip it different for driving than I do for putting with the Zeros. Not much of an issue for me.

Thanks to having built up so many reward points at the Dynamic site without knowing it until recently, I was able to pick up four DyeMax Gold Line Pures. My goodness are these things money. In tournament play I use them for everything 240 feet and in. To preserve them during rec rounds I will switch back to Opto Pures and season those instead. These things are so deadly accurate as long as there is no operator error. I am at the point where I cannot drive with any other putter except in unique circumstances.

As for putting itself, I have been working in Recycled Pures instead of my Mediums. The Softs are definitely too soft and I hate Hard plastic, so that is not even an option. It seems that Mediums are obviously a good compromise, but I am going to work in Recycled because Mediums do not have as much loft as the premium plastics. The Mediums are easier to snap and stab, but they seem to have a faster drop rate. Sometimes my Recycled comes out of the hand like it has no snap, like I am drunkenly pitching it up at the basket, but its longer air time makes me feel like I can make longer putts as long as I have a clean release.

opto pures have no dome. they're still a fairly low profile, despite zero pures being even lower.

The old Gripline Pure was night and day compared to the plump Opto, I had both. The Zero Pure's I've seen are pretty flat, like most baseline putters.

i think we're talking about the same thing, just calling it by different names. i think of dome as a rise after the shoulder through the center of the disc. i wouldn't say that opto pures have that. they are, however, higher shouldered with a deeper profile than the zero/gripline.