• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Pure

Good golly do I love my Pures. Every Opto I've ever held has moderate shoulder and flat tops. And anyone not throwing Zero Mediums for driving duties is missing out. I've relegated my GL to only shots that needs to power through some cabbage or skid.

Of all the Pures I had or still have, the Gold Line feels the best in the hand. I feel more comfortable driving, approaching, and putting with it than any other plastic because of how it blends into my hand. Unfortunately they are still on the expensive side and I do not want to totally beat up the ones I have, so I reserve them for tournament, league, and serious practice rounds. Otherwise I just stick with my Optos since I have plenty of those. The Recycled feels a little off in my hand, but I am working with them because I want to use them for putting. They still have better loft than Mediums or Optos, again prefering to use them so I can save the wear and tear on the GLs.

Im going to have to try some Pures out. Lately I've been driving with Ions Shields and Judges, or KC Aviars. In my main bag I settled on Ions (because my Wizards are black and Ill lose them) and Shields. I stopped driving with my Judge as I only have 1 (Classic Blend), and I prefer stiffer putters for driving - the classic blend would get too chewed up too quick. The Pure though, seems to get more love as a driving putter than any of the ones I mentioned

Love Pures <3 !!!

Got a new Opto Pure in use again. Just a great Disc, flies so straight, and glides forever for a putter. Then I'm approaching with an older Black Soft Zeroline Pure and Putting with a Medium Zeroline Pure. Half my shots are with a Pure most rounds ;) I feel like if the shot is bad, it wasn't the disc's fault.

Is the Pure comparable at all to a Shield? The numbers are the same, but we know how the number game goes...

Is the Pure comparable at all to a Shield? The numbers are the same, but we know how the number game goes...
Couldn't be further apart, imo.

Shield is: Glideless, Overstable, Slow, loves power, doesn't mind wind, deep rimmed

Pure is: Glidey, Straight to understable, pretty fast for a putter, requires pretty smooth form but will take some power as well, will flip in wind, shallow rimmed

My numbers for these two would be:
Pure 3/4/-1/1
Shield 2/2/0/2

Both are nice discs tho. :thmbup:

:D

Never threw one. Didn't hear good things. Bounce out of the chains for putting and broke down too quick for driving.

But, now I am intrigued. What did you like about it? Maybe I'll have to track one down and give it a whirl.

Mike, I meant to say tackier Star or ESP, not "chalky" in my previous reply. I think it's going to be very hard to find Gripline, too many years removed.

Shield is: Glideless, Overstable, Slow, loves power, doesn't mind wind

Pure is: Glidey, Straight to understable, pretty fast for a putter, requires pretty smooth form but will take some power as well, will flip in wind

Pure 3/4/-1/1
Shield 2/2/0/2

Jesus Christmas its a good thing I asked. Pure/Shield for my driving putters!

Of all the Pures I had or still have, the Gold Line feels the best in the hand. I feel more comfortable driving, approaching, and putting with it than any other plastic because of how it blends into my hand. Unfortunately they are still on the expensive side and I do not want to totally beat up the ones I have, so I reserve them for tournament, league, and serious practice rounds. Otherwise I just stick with my Optos since I have plenty of those. The Recycled feels a little off in my hand, but I am working with them because I want to use them for putting. They still have better loft than Mediums or Optos, again prefering to use them so I can save the wear and tear on the GLs.

Recycled look nice anyway. I think if I can find a Pure that lands on top of my Proxy, it might kick the Proxy out. :D

I stopped driving with my Judge as I only have 1 (Classic Blend), and I prefer stiffer putters for driving - the classic blend would get too chewed up too quick

I solved this problem by getting a Lucid Judge for upshots and reserving the Classic Blend Judge for inside-the-circle putting. Working well so far.

I only ask because they're just as fast as Pures with less fade out of the box. Despite that, they're also better in the wind than my Opto Pures ever were. I was hoping someone with more power, and who throws/threw some similar molds to me, could confirm my findings.

Shield is: Glideless, Overstable, Slow, loves power, doesn't mind wind, deep rimmed

Pure is: Glidey, Straight to understable, pretty fast for a putter, requires pretty smooth form but will take some power as well, will flip in wind, shallow rimmed

Pure 3/4/-1/1
Shield 2/2/0/2

Maybe I should try that shield, cuz in the wind I do struggle sometimes with the Pure, or I pull out my Zone, and then I struggle with its stablity.

This actually happens with the best throwing putter ever? ;)

Well, I don't play much in the wind, so I guess it is the best non-wind throwing putter ;)

But I don't really claim it is the best either, just the one that I happened to like the best. To me the putter is just a really personal thing. I tried about 12 before I settled on the Pure, and I don't want to fiddle with different ones too much again.

Mike, I meant to say tackier Star or ESP, not "chalky" in my previous reply. I think it's going to be very hard to find Gripline, too many years removed.

Darn, yeah, probably hard and expensive to get ahold of. Oh well. With what you and Aim said, it sounds like I'd get use out of one.

Maybe I should try that shield, cuz in the wind I do struggle sometimes with the Pure, or I pull out my Zone, and then I struggle with its stablity.

Exaclty, perfect for calm and tailwind conditions. Even right to left wind (RHBH). But headwind and left to right wind throws me off and this is a part of my game I have been working on lately. At the moment, I use a Buzzz OS for such conditions (if the wind is strong enough) but I am not 100% sold. It's stupid stability does the trick but I don't have enough practice with it and for putting close range I may need to find a very stable putter. I was almost thinking about trying a high speed driver for headwind putts, I was thinking the less wind resistance, the better, and I could just play the fade. But more likely, I'll look into a OS putter. Midwest conditions can be a pain.

This actually happens with the best throwing putter ever? ;)

Last edited:
Darn, yeah, probably hard and expensive to get ahold of. Oh well. With what you and Aim said, it sounds like I'd get use out of one.

Exaclty, perfect for calm and tailwind conditions. Even right to left wind (RHBH). But headwind and left to right wind throws me off and this is a part of my game I have been working on lately. At the moment, I use a Buzzz OS for such conditions (if the wind is strong enough) but I am not 100% sold. It's stupid stability does the trick but I don't have enough practice with it and for putting close range I may need to find a very stable putter. I was almost thinking about trying a high speed driver for headwind putts, I was thinking the less wind resistance, the better, and I could just play the fade. But more likely, I'll look into a OS putter. Midwest conditions can be a pain.

LOL, you're killing me!

If I went back to the Pure, it would probably be Zero hard, even though I haven't thrown one in that plastic. I did have some old Zero's though, before they started making them in hard, medium, and soft. The Opto is just a little too fat for me, like any putter in champion type plastic.

Most people are probably throwing the Opto Pure for more stability over the Zero, but then they deny the fade?

I prefer some dome on my opto Pures (seems to add stability and glide) but I do have a beat flat one for late turn. I pretty much tee off with them on every hole under 300' unless there's headwind or need for a fade(then it's Shield/JOKERi). I'm putting with mediums since can't get any more old zerolines in finland.