• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Pure

I wouldn't bother with recycled. The shoulder is deep and it makes it too easy to get flutter. Opto is straight to slight fade, soaks up power. Zero is neutral at lower power, turns at driving power. Thing is, pure is a pretty speed sensitive putter. Until it's beat in, it's still going to fade at lower power.

I wouldn't bother with recycled. The shoulder is deep and it makes it too easy to get flutter. Opto is straight to slight fade, soaks up power. Zero is neutral at lower power, turns at driving power. Thing is, pure is a pretty speed sensitive putter. Until it's beat in, it's still going to fade at lower power.

I wanted the Recycled to work as a putting putter, but you nailed right; it just does not feel like any other Pure I have thrown.

Gold Line, on the other hand, is by far the best of the bunch. It is just a notch less stable than the Opto but that only makes it a better approach disc. It is fast, glides well, and will hold a line forever. I have four now and have just ordered two more so I can spread the throws and slow down their seasoning. Too bad they are not currently in production. I am spending more than I would like getting these.

I bag Opto for drives/up shots and I putt with Recycled GL Pures. I dig the Recycled GL's for putting.

Played a one disc round today at a short college course with a Zero Hard. It turned way more than my Opto does. May start carrying both.

Played a one disc round today at a short college course with a Zero Hard. It turned way more than my Opto does. May start carrying both.

It's a good setup. I kept opto and zero hard for driving, zero hard for putts and zero soft for the touch approach. Sometimes opto on the approach too.

Given the two completely distinct flights, it just made sense. If I ever throw opto pures again I'll be bagging zeros too.

I'm thinking about getting a Pure for tee and approach shots. Right now, I'm putting with Blend Wardens and using Fuzion Wardens off the tee and for approach shots. How does the Pure compare?

The Pure is a little less HSS than the Warden. It's a fantastic driver for those tight wooded tunnel shots, as it doesn't take much effort to get it to run a straight line. I keep an Opto Pure in my bag for just that purpose or for when I need to slow things down and regain my control and play the safe shots.

The Pure is a little less HSS than the Warden. It's a fantastic driver for those tight wooded tunnel shots, as it doesn't take much effort to get it to run a straight line. I keep an Opto Pure in my bag for just that purpose or for when I need to slow things down and regain my control and play the safe shots.

Interesting, I could use a driving putter that I can power up just a little more than an opto Pure. Might have to invest in one.

Interesting, I could use a driving putter that I can power up just a little more than an opto Pure. Might have to invest in one.

Thought the Pure was the "greatest putter ever"...how could u possibly need a different putter? :eek:

Man, I wish I would have grabbed some GL Pures when they were still around! Assuming they're reasonably flat they must be real nice throwers.

Latest posts