• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Pure

I prefer some dome on my opto Pures (seems to add stability and glide) but I do have a beat flat one for late turn. I pretty much tee off with them on every hole under 300' unless there's headwind or need for a fade(then it's Shield/JOKERi). I'm putting with mediums since can't get any more old zerolines in finland.

I was assured by a couple others here that Opto Pure's do NOT have any dome, even though I was looking at my 2 moderately domey ones while reading that, lol.

perhaps i should have qualified my statement. in the years i have spent looking at/throwing opto pures from various retailers here in MN and ordering them online from across the country, i have never seen one with dome. sounds like you guys have some freaks. sucks to be you.

every RGL pure i've seen, however, has been a shouldered domey piece of garbage.

it's been my experience that the pure is actually the most consistently molded lat 64 disc outside of the spike and sinus, of course taking into consideration the normal variations that occur across plastics.

Last edited:
perhaps i should have qualified my statement. in the years i have spent looking at/throwing opto pures from various retailers here in MN and ordering them online from across the country, i have never seen one with dome. sounds like you guys have some freaks. sucks to be you.

every RGL pure i've seen, however, has been a shouldered domey piece of garbage.

It's not much, but it's there. Perhaps you don't want to see it?

It's not much, but it's there. Perhaps you don't want to see it?

i'm seriously nitpicky about my setup and how i choose my discs even though i haven't the talent to justify it. i wouldn't hesitate to go and buy any opto pure from any store including online stores, which i have largely sworn off as a primarily innova/discmania/millennium thrower, knowing that it will be flat (within reason) across the top or, if it does have a "dome," then it's unnoticeable to my hand/eye except with an upside-down visual inspection on a table top which, of course, reveals nearly all discs to have some sort of rise from the shoulder.

i'm good - there's really nothing worth seeing. you got a bad disc, so i guess it's a good thing you like the proxy. i'll be buying one today; tbird's got me piqued although i probably won't bag it. i may as well toss an opto pure again with it, maybe post up a vid with results. sounds like i've got a weekend project. :)

Last edited:

it's been my experience that the pure is actually the most consistently molded lat 64 disc outside of the spike and sinus, of course taking into consideration the normal variations that occur across plastics.

BTW, I have 3 Flx Challengers and 2 Evo Magics, all are high shoulder and a little taller than their base counterparts, but they're flat-topped with NO dome. The Challengers are actually slightly puddle-topped. I won't bag putters with dome.

i'm seriously nitpicky about my setup and how i choose my discs even though i haven't the talent to justify it. i wouldn't hesitate to go and buy any opto pure from any store including online stores, which i have largely sworn off as a primarily innova/discmania/millennium thrower, knowing that it will be flat (within reason) across the top or, if it does have a "dome," then it's unnoticeable to my hand/eye except with an upside-down visual inspection on a table top which, of course, reveals nearly all discs to have some sort of rise from the shoulder.

i'm good - there's really nothing worth seeing. you got a bad disc, so i guess it's a good thing you like the proxy. i'll be buying one today; tbird's got me piqued although i probably won't bag it.

Well, I got 2 "bad discs", and my brother got one too. That's 3 for 3. Then there's the other poster who just said "he prefers some dome on his Opto Pures..."

Wait until you throw the Proxy...famous last words. :)

mmm, but the thing is i'm not going to sub one disc in for another when the original does its job very well. if anything i'd just boot the polecats and let my seasoned kc aviars do all the work. i don't bag the pure anymore. :p this is for research purposes only.

mmm, but the thing is i'm not going to sub one disc in for another when the original does its job very well. if anything i'd just boot the polecats and let my seasoned kc aviars do all the work. i don't bag the pure anymore. :p this is for research purposes only.

The Proxy's gonna take over...

stop it, stop it, stop it
i have way too many opto pures to be hearing this crap.
(however, i do have 2 envies that pair up nicely0

I just threw a Proxy for a few rounds. My Pures are definitely in trouble.

ive thrown the proxy for maybe 6 months.. and have 1 ace with it on a stupid straight shot.

I threw the pure for nearly 2 years and had some great runs but the proxy is making my ions feel a little sad on the tee at times and I cant event believe myself that I would bag another driver putter.

proxy is definitely a straight shooting disc, but it can't replace my polecats - and if it can't do that, then it has no place in my bag because of how well the polecat and comet work together across such a vast power spectrum and across plastics. it's definitely a good disc though, but i'd still prefer the pure because i can bag it in opto and in zero for different shots/power levels. if i had to choose one, it'd be the proxy . . . but i don't. ;) it doesn't feel as good in my hand either.

oh, i saw my first pure with dome today. go figure. it wasn't bad by any means, but it was definitely noticeable without a table top test. all the rest were of flat/borderline puddle top variety.

proxy is definitely a straight shooting disc, but it can't replace my polecats - and if it can't do that, then it has no place in my bag because of how well the polecat and comet work together across such a vast power spectrum and across plastics. it's definitely a good disc though, but i'd still prefer the pure because i can bag it in opto and in zero for different shots/power levels. if i had to choose one, it'd be the proxy . . . but i don't. ;) it doesn't feel as good in my hand either.

oh, i saw my first pure with dome today. go figure. it wasn't bad by any means, but it was definitely noticeable without a table top test. all the rest were of flat/borderline puddle top variety.

You're kidding, right?

Yeah, but they're still fatties. :p

Well, it happened, I made the decision to throw a Pure into a headwind with a pond on my right. Why didn't I just reach for the Buzzz OS? I do not know. Oh pink opto pure, how I will miss thee.

I then made the idiotic decision to go in after it. Long story short, the pond was gross, I did not find the Pure, and, if I could do it all over again, I would have just gone to discgolfcenter and purchased another Pure. But I didn't want to be Optoless for the rest of the weekend. I lean very heavily on my Opto Pure for all short drives and approach.

Ah well, such is disc golf life...

Well, it happened, I made the decision to throw a Pure into a headwind with a pond on my right. Why didn't I just reach for the Buzzz OS? I do not know. Oh pink opto pure, how I will miss thee.

I then made the idiotic decision to go in after it. Long story short, the pond was gross, I did not find the Pure, and, if I could do it all over again, I would have just gone to discgolfcenter and purchased another Pure. But I didn't want to be Optoless for the rest of the weekend. I lean very heavily on my Opto Pure for all short drives and approach.

Ah well, such is disc golf life...
I'd have gone in too man.

Latest posts