• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Pure

Well can't wait to see this plastic in other molds.

I have no insider info, but I wouldn't hold your breath on that. Grip line plastic was discontinued years ago and this is a special occasion. There has been a contingent of Pure enthusiasts agitating for this run of Pures, but I don't know of any real interest in or nostalgia for other molds in Grip line.

Crazy mad rush on the Grip Pures lol. We only have 5 left after the first hour. They feel so nice. It's almost like a very grippy Gold Line

Do these feel anything like you would expect a Frost Pure to feel like?
I guess a Snow Pure would be close, but these are probably a bit grippier and softer than those would be.

Obviously hard to compare to something that doesn't exist. :doh: :D

Anyone notice a difference in color stability with the Opto's? I had a blue Pure that I could trust to drive without turning it over and I could trust it to have a nice fade on up shots. I've own two pinks since, and they seemed much more understable.

Anyone notice a difference in color stability with the Opto's? I had a blue Pure that I could trust to drive without turning it over and I could trust it to have a nice fade on up shots. I've own two pinks since, and they seemed much more understable.

I have a Yellow Sparkle Opto that is under stable so ya they are different

So what is Grip line like? And would an Opto or grip line be better for long approaches or even drives? TIA for any and all responses.

Opto is best for drives. Gripline isn't exactly a premium plastic. It's good though. You could drive/long approach with opto and use grip for everything else.

Opto is best for drives. Gripline isn't exactly a premium plastic. It's good though. You could drive/long approach with opto and use grip for everything else.

Thanks. I have a Zero hard Pure, which works well for putting. I'll seek out an opto to go with it....

So what is Grip line like? And would an Opto or grip line be better for long approaches or even drives? TIA for any and all responses.

I putt with Zero Hards and use both Opto and Zero soft for other putter duties.

Soft sits better on a fast green and can kick less off of stuff.

Opto is a bit beefier and beats in slower.

The non-optos beat in quickly, and for me, allow a lower power touch shot that's straighter than the opto.

I've thrown the Pure since I started playing, 6 yrs ago. In my personal opinion, grip line plastic seems a notch below premium plastic w/great grip & feel. I have hit many trees with them and they hold up extremely well; in fact, I still have a 10 of them that I use for practice and cycle in & out of my bag.

Stability wise, they're more neutral than the opto plastic & less fade...at least now compared to 6 years when they were new.

And when it comes to an approaches or drives, it really depends on the shot. If it's a touch shot or finesse shot, I'll normally resort to the grip line pures, and a few times with the original zero line pures. Otherwise, I by default I use my goldline pures and the vip harp for driving and approaches. Goldline pures I can rip on them and not worry; they're very predictable. I love driving with them!

Needless to say I carry the original zero line, grip line, & goldline plastics in my bag. Can't leave home without them! :thmbup:

My Zero Mediums are way more durable than they are given credit for. I've slowly taken the Opto and GLs out of the bag for them. Not saying I won't put them back in one day but the improved grip and glide of the Zero Mediums make them tough to beat.

I'm curious why Grip line isn't considered Premium. Is it because of the price or durability?

I've got few, but haven't had a chance to throw them yet. In the hand the plastic feels really similar to GStar.

Its like driver pro. Gloss wears off quick and doesnt retain shape as well as premium plastic. Grip line will last for lots of drives though.

I putt with Zero Hards and use both Opto and Zero soft for other putter duties.

Soft sits better on a fast green and can kick less off of stuff.

Opto is a bit beefier and beats in slower.

The non-optos beat in quickly, and for me, allow a lower power touch shot that's straighter than the opto.

Me too, putt with Hard or Medium. Approach with Soft for less roll away potential. Drive with Opto on occasion, typically when I want the drive to be dead straight or turn over a bit, otherwise I often use my Buzzz.

I have a decent collection of Opto Pures. I'd rank the relative stability of mine as:

Opaque Neon Yellow-Green >> Opaque White/Pink > Clear Orange/Blue/Red > Clear Yellow

I suspect that non-Opto Pure throwers might not notice a difference. I like the opaque neon yellow-green ones for dead-straight flat shots out to ~250; can't really say they fade but they will do a slight left curl on hitting the ground.