• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Pure

I have a decent collection of Opto Pures. I'd rank the relative stability of mine as:

Opaque Neon Yellow-Green >> Opaque White/Pink > Clear Orange/Blue/Red > Clear Yellow

I suspect that non-Opto Pure throwers might not notice a difference. I like the opaque neon yellow-green ones for dead-straight flat shots out to ~250; can't really say they fade but they will do a slight left curl on hitting the ground.
I have number of Pink ones and they have subtle differences. I would say that the run will affect the stability more than color.

Are yours with weight sticker or engraved?

I have number of Pink ones and they have subtle differences. I would say that the run will affect the stability more than color.

Are yours with weight sticker or engraved?

Hmm...never heard of this correlation, what's the consensus?

I have a brand new one in the bag that is an engraved weight, and a beat to hell one from when they were stickered. I assumed stability differences were strictly due to wear. Both are bubble gums.

Hmm...never heard of this correlation, what's the consensus?
I don't have a rundown of run/stability correlation nor do I know if there is a definitive one. I was merely saying that color as such is not necessarily the best indicator for stability.

From my personal experience, the new engraved ones I have are really flat and turn a bit even when new. The older one with sticker'ed weight was pretty flat but had a bit more shoulder to it and was more stable / straight out of the box. Coincidence or not, you decide. :)

My friend convinced me to get 2 soft zero pure's a month ago. I liked the feel of them especially this time of the year when my hands are cold and dry and grip/feel is the most important thing to me when it comes to putters so I said why not. Note, I been putting with Voodoo's for around 5 years now and nothing has kicked them out as of yet except for throwing pa3's off the tee a tad more. Anyways I was liking the soft pure's enough, I gave in and bought a couple Grip line one's. My first impression was "really?" what's so "grippy" about these? First initial putt slips out of my hands. The plastic reminds me of Gateways old Hpp plastic which I had A voodoo which was awesome. Over the week I started getting used to them. The one thing I like about them is driving off the tee. For a putter you don't have to throw them as high to get the distance compared to most putters. They just seem to pump up/forward similar to a mid or comet. Great neutral stability as long as you throw them smooth but wouldn't throw one in a headwind. Not sure if they will throw my voodoo's out but a couple more months to decide.

2 great putters. The pure and the voodoo. Very different. But both awesome! I have used both in the past, and enjoyed the time with both. :thmbup:

Are people throwing recycled pures? If so, how do you like it?

I ask because I had one years ago and the plastic was so slick and not anything I liked, it also had the worst flashing I've seen.

Has the recycled plastic gotten any better in regards to feel?

Are people throwing recycled pures? If so, how do you like it?

I ask because I had one years ago and the plastic was so slick and not anything I liked, it also had the worst flashing I've seen.

Has the recycled plastic gotten any better in regards to feel?
Same experience for me too. Same time frame as well. Such a bad experience.

I don't have a rundown of run/stability correlation nor do I know if there is a definitive one. I was merely saying that color as such is not necessarily the best indicator for stability.

From my personal experience, the new engraved ones I have are really flat and turn a bit even when new. The older one with sticker'ed weight was pretty flat but had a bit more shoulder to it and was more stable / straight out of the box. Coincidence or not, you decide. :)

Thanks. I'm interested to see how my fresher one (engraved weight) acts after being kicked around a bit.

Got my Grip Pures from KW yesterday!

IMG_0767-M.jpg

The plastic feels great, like a softer GL or tackier Opto maybe. I'm no expert.... I hope to get a chance to try these out this weekend!

Also, KW's rocks! He included a bonus microfiber tower, can cozy, and bottle opener. W00t! :clap::clap:

Yes I must agree I ordered from KW as well I got 4 discs and received bonus items as well discs are not OG Grips tho but I still like them.

Glad you like guys!! I was able to get another order of the Grip Lines in right as they went out of stock at the factory. Check out the site if you're looking!

Got my Grip Pures from KW yesterday!

IMG_0767-M.jpg

The plastic feels great, like a softer GL or tackier Opto maybe. I'm no expert.... I hope to get a chance to try these out this weekend!

Also, KW's rocks! He included a bonus microfiber tower, can cozy, and bottle opener. W00t! :clap::clap:
Ditto, I got a blue 175 and he included the same swag. Nice surprise, thanks!

I never felt the original grip line. This feels like a slightly stiffer GStar to me. Can't wait to throw.

discs are not OG Grips tho but I still like them.

Whats the difference? Was going to pick one of these up just to reminisce lol. OG grip line was sort of a weird name as ot didnt have very good grip when brand new. Sounds like these are tackier? Hope GGGT has them.

Some of the Original grip pures were definitely slick, some of them almost as grippy out of the box as the new runs. The best thing about the old grip plastic was that it continued to improve for years of use. While these new ones start out nice and grippy I am hoping that they also continue to improve. If they do these ones will be amazing!

Which are the most High Speed Stable Pures? How is the Recycled plastic?

i'm looking for a fairly solid/firm throwing approach disc (basically a shorter Buzzz)

I was looking at the pure and pretty sure that's the disc for this spot. I use an Atom for this right now and its awesome, but the baseline plastic beats up and is becoming less Stable at high speed. So, i was looking for a HSS Pure. What do you recommend? Thank you