• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Pure

I hope not...the Pure is one of the handful of Lat64s discs I really enjoy throwing. It probably has more to do with Trilogy pumping discs out left and right that the older molds get less attention versus the newest must-have hyped putter.

Here here. The Pure (primarily Opto) is a fantastic throwing putter that really was ahead of its time. The Fuse (OG Opto, none of this newfangled OptoX) and Pain (Roc3/ Wasp-esque) are also two older Lat 64 molds that fall into that category.

Here here. The Pure (primarily Opto) is a fantastic throwing putter that really was ahead of its time. The Fuse (OG Opto, none of this newfangled OptoX) and Pain (Roc3/ Wasp-esque) are also two older Lat 64 molds that fall into that category.

Honestly...any of the OG Lat64 molds I like. Fuse/Core/Pain are a great mid lineup, the Pure is a great all around putter, the Sinus is pretty cool, Vision and Striker are solid.

Picked up a Kristin Tattar Halloween Opto-X Chameleon Moonshine Pure because I wanted a straight throwing putter for my glow bag. Lat 64 has outdone themselves with this one. They've created a "glow" disc that makes their regular Moonshine plastic (already the weakest glowing stuff from any major brand) look like the surface of the sun. At least it looks cool in the daylight.

Honestly...any of the OG Lat64 molds I like. Fuse/Core/Pain are a great mid lineup, the Pure is a great all around putter, the Sinus is pretty cool, Vision and Striker are solid.

Holy smokes, how did I miss Streets saying something positive about Trilogy products?

Lost my old EMac Mercy and decided to audition the Opto-X Pure for my regular bag's straight-driving putter slot. Very impressed so far. "Holds any line you put it on" is a meaningless cliche at this point, but it applies here. I can put full power into it and it never movedy off the line. Doesn't flip and doesn't fade, kinda like a longer Proxy. I play mostly woods courses and this is exactly what I'm looking for.

These may be complete garbage as glow discs, but it's going in my normal bag for sure.

Lost my old EMac Mercy and decided to audition the Opto-X Pure for my regular bag's straight-driving putter slot. Very impressed so far. "Holds any line you put it on" is a meaningless cliche at this point, but it applies here. I can put full power into it and it never movedy off the line. Doesn't flip and doesn't fade, kinda like a longer Proxy. I play mostly woods courses and this is exactly what I'm looking for.

These may be complete garbage as glow discs, but it's going in my normal bag for sure.

Your sig says you bag an Envy. If the Opto-X Pure flies Proxy-like lines, then why wouldn't you just bag the typical Envy/Proxy combo?

Your sig says you bag an Envy. If the Opto-X Pure flies Proxy-like lines, then why wouldn't you just bag the typical Envy/Proxy combo?

Probably because I don't have a Proxy anymore. I bought one when I started in 2017 because I heard they were straight, point and shoot putters. I naively thought that meant for putting, and all I'd need to do to make every putt was just toss it straight. Like a lot of newbies I blamed the disc. Didn't bag a straight throwing putter until I started playing mostly woods courses a year ago, and at the same time got an EMac Mercy as a gift. While I liked it's flight, I never really loved the way it felt in the hand. Lost it last month and hadn't gotten around to replacing it yet when I got the Tattar -X Pure this week. It seems to work for what I was using the Mercy for.

Honestly if the Pure had worked as a glow disc like I intended, I think I would have looked at the Proxy again for my regular bag. But the Pure works just as well. Why buy twice?

I've bagged Pures pretty much since their release. I always enjoyed how shallow they are compared to most putters. They just feel like they leave my hand on putts much, much cleaner.

Then I started throwing Optos off the tee and it totally changed my game. It's my most thrown disc by a mile and it isn't even close. If I can reach it with a Pure, I'm throwing the pure. If it's a tight tunnel or gap I absolutely need to hit off the tee, I'm throwing a pure.

I bag 2 for putting plus2 optos and an opto-x for throwing. The only discernible difference between the opto-x and opto, in my opinion, is a tick more hss. It's just a little more resistant to tracking to the right. But normal Optos can fly like this with just a slight hyzer. Otherwise it flies identical. It just lays down flat with little to no fade if thrown flat.

I only throw flat pures, btw. Goldline and recycled are often domey and definitely flew more overstable by comparison, in my experience.

Sorry for the bump but has anyone thrown the ECO pures? I putt with a zero soft and zero medium but the Eco seems interesting. Does it feel like DX plastic?

Got a friend who plays with a small Grip bag, and about half of them are Pures in varying degrees of use. They sure work well for him.

I have a couple I mix in once in a while and they are sweet. Am so invested in Swans and Crowns I'm not willing to switch ... yet.

Have any pure throwers compared an opto's flight to a beat in origio harp flight? I have a super straight origio harp and am hoping an opto pure would fly very similar but give me about 30 to 40 more feet.

I've bagged Pures pretty much since their release. I always enjoyed how shallow they are compared to most putters. They just feel like they leave my hand on putts much, much cleaner.

Then I started throwing Optos off the tee and it totally changed my game. It's my most thrown disc by a mile and it isn't even close. If I can reach it with a Pure, I'm throwing the pure. If it's a tight tunnel or gap I absolutely need to hit off the tee, I'm throwing a pure.

I bag 2 for putting plus2 optos and an opto-x for throwing. The only discernible difference between the opto-x and opto, in my opinion, is a tick more hss. It's just a little more resistant to tracking to the right. But normal Optos can fly like this with just a slight hyzer. Otherwise it flies identical. It just lays down flat with little to no fade if thrown flat.

I only throw flat pures, btw. Goldline and recycled are often domey and definitely flew more overstable by comparison, in my experience.

Was looking for this exact info about the Pure. Found a beat up zero medium and the mold is comfy gonna grab a stock opto for throwing. Looking for the firmest plastic for putting, any major difference between the Eco and Zero Hard?

Was looking for this exact info about the Pure. Found a beat up zero medium and the mold is comfy gonna grab a stock opto for throwing. Looking for the firmest plastic for putting, any major difference between the Eco and Zero Hard?

I started with zero hard and have moved to zero medium. The hards are perfectly fine but I find myself just a bit more consistent with the medium. I have never putted with Eco's but that is because I picked them up in a store and didn't like it immediately after feeling the plastic. It really lacks grip compared to the zero line plastics but it's fairly firm. Close to zero hard but maybe not quite as firm.

Gold X flies very similar to how Hendryxdisc describes his Opto pures. After throwing my gold X pure a lot, it has a little right hand drift out of it, but nothing crazy.

That's good for ya, but I like my putters so firm they are clacking together in the bag haha. KC pro/Gateway Soft type flex, zero hard is probably my best bet. Although I'm skeptical the only experience I have had with zero hard plastic was a few daggers and a sinus and they were not what I'd call stiff.

Been a few years since i threw a Pure . . but took the KT PURE out today and holy crap this thing goes far!! i can trow the Pure (and my Fierce) just as far as my mids. . .and i dont really get my fairways and Drivers That much further.

Took a few throwing putter out today and put in the Pure just for fun. . .but the Pure won on both distance and accuracy. . and that made me kind of mad. . i have LOTS of the other putter but only ONE Pure. . .

Using a "summer bag" with only a few discs. . and i play just as good with that as my heavy big bag . .a few putters and two fairways when i need some skip

The Pure in premium blends is an interesting disc. It is a disc which when you throw it pure it certainly does fly pure and enjoyably straight.

But the thing I noticed for me on a slightly errant OATY throw it's not very forgiving. It's kind of like the Nova in that way that your technique must be pretty good to throw it pure. I've had marginally shanky throws turn out worse then some other throwing putters.

I have a slightly domey Fierce that I am liking a lot for straight shots currently. I'm actually on the Fierce and Luna train at the moment. Though I do have a a bunch of Pures still.

Time to test the KT Pure. . time for a putter only round, going to throw all of them for every shot and see who wins over 18 holes.

KT Pure
Old S-Line P2
ESP Luna
K1 Soft Reko
Aura Praxis

I found an Opto Pure, no ink, and messed around with it a bit (spin) putting. I hate the large diameter, but I love that it flies with very little effort, compared to my Fierces, which already fly with little effort, and it is extremely straight. I was surprised, because a while back I bought two used base plastic Pure putters, and I hated them both. They were very floaty, and not even close to being my straightest putters. From what I remember, they did not have the oddly large diameter, either. The Opto Pure - it looks very different than Opto Pures for sale now - it is kind of pink, but very much multi-colored, and kind of glossy/glimmery. Is that an old Opto Pure style, or was it some kind of special Opto Pure? Wanting to get a new disc as similar to this one as possible - do more testing to decide if I need to change my main putter (currently using Fierces, switching to Jawbreaker Banger-GTs on windy days). Any input appreciated.

My Opto Pure got me the only two tournament eagles this year. An ace and an eagle on a 180 meters downhill par 4.

I ve been putting and throwing the Pure since i started in 2009. Love this disc.