• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Pure

I have hards and original zero. I am running out of pures in the old zero. So I'm workin in the zero hard. I wish there was a zero medium because for me the soft is to soft and the hard is too hard. I drive with an opto, so I'm referring to I site the circle duties.

I have hards and original zero. I am running out of pures in the old zero. So I'm workin in the zero hard. I wish there was a zero medium because for me the soft is to soft and the hard is too hard. I drive with an opto, so I'm referring to I site the circle duties.

I also use original zero pures, and when I handled the first zero soft and zero hard run pures, I also wished for zero medium, as the softs really were super stupid floppy soft, and hards are really hard. However, later I fondled some newer black zero soft pures, and surprisingly they were not super floppy, but actually felt even slightly stiffer than the old zero. So it seems all hope is not lost, and not all zero softs are super soft.

I also use original zero pures, and when I handled the first zero soft and zero hard run pures, I also wished for zero medium, as the softs really were super stupid floppy soft, and hards are really hard. However, later I fondled some newer black zero soft pures, and surprisingly they were not super floppy, but actually felt even slightly stiffer than the old zero. So it seems all hope is not lost, and not all zero softs are super soft.

That's good to know, looks like the hunt is on for stiff zero soft pures.

The Pure has been run in Zero Medium. They left the factory today heading to the US. They will bare the signature of the 2012 Putting world Champion Weston Isaacs. Source: lat 64 facebook page.

10592661594_79d254748e.jpg
[/url] Untitled by ptipton1, on Flickr[/IMG][/IMG]

Yup, I primarily putt with Zero Hard ( I actually really prefer stiff putters) but picked up 4 black Zero Softs for the colder months / courses with potential killer roll aways. 1 of the Softs is borderline floppy, but the other 3 are fairly firm, but with a nice spring to them. Not as soft as most "soft" I have felt up.

Wonder if that blend are what the Mediums will be based off of.

Yeah, some of the new black softs are really nice having just a little more flex than the original zero line. I am a really big fan of the black softs I'm bagging, but will not resist ordering 5 of the mediums. The pure is tits, and I can't wait too feel up some mediums...

My Black Zeroline Pures have become my beloved Preciousesses...gollum. I'm not sharing them with my friends and loved ones, and I'm gonna keep putting with them until I fall into the cracks of doom.

I'm not the greatest putter in the world, but I've gotten a lot better since I settled on these. Great feel in the hand - even when dusty or recently wet, neutral stable flight, flies very straight with gentle fade when thrown flat, can take hyzer or anhyzer and stay true to that line. I use them for Putting and within 100ish feet for approach (unless it is a low ceiling because they can rise a bit when I throw them hard).

They are only $10, and I got 3 last time DN stocked them, so I have 2 at home I practice with, and one in my bag, that I hope last forever. Black is my last name, so they have become like a personal Mojo kind of thing as well.

It never gets too hot in Santa Cruz, but I might have to take a hard Judge or get an Opto Pure when I play in super hot places. Judge has a really similar flight IMO, but I prefer no big bead on my putter.

Necro time!

I just ordered the last two unique GL Pures off DGC. Are these generally less slick/domey than RGL? I loved the RGL when I first got it but that slowly faded as I got fed up with the grip. I know I won't get EZE/Zero flatness but if it's close to Opto I'll be pretty happy. And as long as the grip is like true GL I shouldn't have an issue.

I plan on using it solely for approaches, keeping the Opto in the driver slot. I putt with old EZE/TM2 Pures.

Necro time!

I just ordered the last two unique GL Pures off DGC. Are these generally less slick/domey than RGL? I loved the RGL when I first got it but that slowly faded as I got fed up with the grip. I know I won't get EZE/Zero flatness but if it's close to Opto I'll be pretty happy. And as long as the grip is like true GL I shouldn't have an issue.

I plan on using it solely for approaches, keeping the Opto in the driver slot. I putt with old EZE/TM2 Pures.

If I have my eyes closed, I can't tell the difference between my gl pure and my couple opto pures. They don't even fly different. My gl has about the same dome as my optos... maybe a bit less actually. I dont bag the gl.

If I have my eyes closed, I can't tell the difference between my gl pure and my couple opto pures. They don't even fly different. My gl has about the same dome as my optos... maybe a bit less actually. I dont bag the gl.

exactly this. word for word.

My GLs are a little more flat, and a little less HSS. It's not dramatic, but it is easier to turn my GLs. But after a few shots I can throw either one equally poorly according to my ability. :p

Well I'm glad they seem to be a bit flatter, that's good enough for me. As long as they aren't slippery like recycled I won't regret this. I prefer to have a specific disc for putting/up shots/driving so this should fit right in.

When they first came out, I picked up a Zero Line Pure. I am assuming it was the "hard" variety. Liked it for a while, and then it broke in "too much," so I didn't continue throwing it. Later on, once my touch improved, I fell in love with the R-Pro Rhyno, which is been my consistent approach disc for 2+ years. Can never really break in something "too much" anymore.

Thinking about looking into the Pure again; I still have the old one (well, my brother does). Would the Zero Line Soft be similar to the R-Pro plastic, pretty flexible? Or is it "piece of bologna" super soft like some Vibram softs I've seen?

Any thoughts?

When they first came out, I picked up a Zero Line Pure. I am assuming it was the "hard" variety. Liked it for a while, and then it broke in "too much," so I didn't continue throwing it. Later on, once my touch improved, I fell in love with the R-Pro Rhyno, which is been my consistent approach disc for 2+ years. Can never really break in something "too much" anymore.

Thinking about looking into the Pure again; I still have the old one (well, my brother does). Would the Zero Line Soft be similar to the R-Pro plastic, pretty flexible? Or is it "piece of bologna" super soft like some Vibram softs I've seen?

Any thoughts?

I have a white/gray swirly soft that is really soft. Which I really, really prefer up to about 90 degrees, as in air temperature. At that point, it basically will sag in your hand and fold itself in half when it hits anything. It's the only one I've had, so I'm not sure if other colors are different, but I am going to look into the mediums as an alternative on super hot days. I will say though that the grip and texture of the zero soft remains awesome even in the MN winter. My magic and aviars get pretty slick but the pure doesn't at all.

I've been using the Soft zero line Pure for about 9 months now and have really fine tuned my putting game and for the most part love' em. Only complaint is they can be "grippy" and stick to my fingers upon release once in a while. I have tried a Hard and do like it for windy days - I might also try one of the new Mediums.

I have a white/gray swirly soft that is really soft. Which I really, really prefer up to about 90 degrees, as in air temperature. At that point, it basically will sag in your hand and fold itself in half when it hits anything. It's the only one I've had, so I'm not sure if other colors are different, but I am going to look into the mediums as an alternative on super hot days. I will say though that the grip and texture of the zero soft remains awesome even in the MN winter. My magic and aviars get pretty slick but the pure doesn't at all.

I've been using the Soft zero line Pure for about 9 months now and have really fine tuned my putting game and for the most part love' em. Only complaint is they can be "grippy" and stick to my fingers upon release once in a while. I have tried a Hard and do like it for windy days - I might also try one of the new Mediums.

Thanks for the feedback. I currently PUTT with a Cryztal FLX Challenger. I'm just thinking about going a single-manufacturer route, and wondered what the Softs were like. If they are anything like my R-Pro Rhynos, I would buy a bunch. I throw about 50-70% Rhyno for short driving, upshots, approaches, and even some jump putting, so I would be looking for something that might be comparable. I really need to get that Pure back from my brother...

Anyone else work any of the other Zero Line Pures? Hard? Medium?

I like the Opto Pures for driving they fly super straight and everyone I have sold some too have had their personal best rounds at my main local course.

I have an opto and a zero hard I love them both.
I only use pures for throwing
The hard is still pretty fresh so it's getting all the action right now
I like it better than the opto because of the grip is better for cold and wet days
My intention is to beat it into an under stable complement to the opto.

I putt/upshot with Zero Mediums over the Winter and drive/upshot with Optos.

My Opto is over a year old and still not flippy, just about the same stability as my first throws. Zero turn, slight fade (0, -1). I use it for driving and longer upshots that need a bit more power. The Opto has a nice slidey finish on hard surfaces (like all of my local Charlotte courses).

Zero Mediums are a nice mix of firm and grip for putting. Perfect for temps under 80 where you need good grip yet not putting a brick. These have a little bit of turn and slight fade. These are more inline with the "marketed" flight ratings of -1,1. When they touch the ground, they grip hard and stop on a dime. I know when we get into the Summer that I will switch over to Zero Hards for putting.

Latest posts