• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Lat 64 Teebird?

Not sure about Lat. but Innova makes a killer disc called a Teebird that should be what you're looking for. Flies just like a Teebird out of the box, beats into a perfectly seasoned Teebird after about a month or two.

I agree 100%.

Not sure about Lat. but Innova makes a killer disc called a Teebird that should be what you're looking for. Flies just like a Teebird out of the box, beats into a perfectly seasoned Teebird after about a month or two.

:hfive::clap::thmbup: Why settle for something "like a Teebird" when you can have the Teebird.

I ordered a Rival. Sorry to disappoint all the helpful folks who have posted again and again that TeeBirds fly like TeeBirds and I should get a TeeBird.

I'll probably try an Escape at some point too, since the one I tried out was a pretty straight flyer.

Thanks to all the people that posted that actually read the OP and offered something useful. :)

Sorry Druid I was just having fun. Rival should be a good option since the plastic from what I hear I closer to Lat if that's what you like. Hope it works out for you!

Striker is a nice straight flyer. Not fliptastic like the over rated saint

I love my rival as well. Super flat, stiff, no turn to it at all. Very very useful disc. Been using it more and more

:hfive::clap::thmbup: Why settle for something "like a Teebird" when you can have the Teebird.

Okay here's what you do:
1. Buy a Star Teebird
2. Befriend a talented dye artist
3. Have them dye you a GL Teebird stamp
4. Problem solved

Lat.64 Teebird...........what hells have you unleashed?

Lat.64 Teebird...........what hells have you unleashed?

Lol! I opened up a nasty can of worms with that thread title for sure. I should have put "Lat 64 fairway drivers" as the title and asked which on flies the straightest and doesn't flip when you put some heat on it. That's really all I wanted to know. :)

Last edited:
Just got a Rival. 174g peach Pinnacle. It's exactly the disc I was looking for. HSS without a huge fade, and it comes in a plastic I like as well. As an added bonus, I can get another one that flies the same :hfive:

I also picked up a Patriot in Icon plastic, and that's just as sweet as everyone is saying as well. Thanks guys. :clap:

Just got a Rival. 174g peach Pinnacle. It's exactly the disc I was looking for. HSS without a huge fade, and it comes in a plastic I like as well. As an added bonus, I can get another one that flies the same :hfive:

I also picked up a Patriot in Icon plastic, and that's just as sweet as everyone is saying as well. Thanks guys. :clap:

Wise wise choice my friend ;)
Welcome to the glorious feeling of (oh crap I lost my rival! I will purchase another and it will be similar)!

Yeahhhhhh buddy.
The Rival/Patriot duo is the $ fairway combo available right now.
I almost had the dynamic guys from chasing the chains convinced to pop a rival into their bags ;)

Wise wise choice my friend ;)
Welcome to the glorious feeling of (oh crap I lost my rival! I will purchase another and it will be similar)!

Not to mention, "I threw that like I would my TeeBird, and it dropped out of the sky way too early. Wish it has some glide."

Yeahhhhhh buddy.
The Rival/Patriot duo is the $ fairway combo available right now.
I almost had the dynamic guys from chasing the chains convinced to pop a rival into their bags ;)

Those two are reliable as they day is long. I have 5 of each across plastics, and all of them fly beautifully.

Striker would be the closest imo. It's a bit longer, but with a 12x. The flights should be close. Just know I've had several Strikers and they can be all over the place in their flights. The odd thing is the most overstable Strikers I've had were the light ones.

i just traded in my pinnacle rival for a clear opto sparkle striker - at least i'm pretty sure it's a striker; it doesn't have a stamp!

i felt it and just thought "striker". then i threw it and i knew it right away. i'll iterate one more time that this thing flies just nuts straight with a little fade at the end. i'm throwing it a little over 300, for reference. probably 315-330 tops.

mine says 173g on it; my GL had a little turn to them and this one is just freaking perfect. the pinnacle rival was a little too overstable for my taste, but DEFINITELY a no turn on that sucker. just not as far as i'd like.

Latest posts