• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat64 Claymore (mid)

I find my Challenge Claymore almost Fuse-like unstable. Turn, turn turn....

Might be crap form too. Hey, maybe people can suggest Claymore instead of Comet to "work on one's form." :)

The more I throw it the less I turn it. Thrown on a hyzer it flips up so nice thrown flat it will turn but it's a very controllable mid even in the wind

It could be a power thing, too. I am just now back to playing after 5 months off for my worst shoulder injury to date. I can tell my power is way down....tried to flip my 161 River and couldn't.:\ That was a normal go-to shot I used to have. So, its flying super straight for me and my diminished power. :eek:

I think the recycled version is my favorite midrange. I need some backups. This bronze color is awful to find. Fortunately it's almost always near the basket. It's perfect between the Pain and Fuse. Opto - not so much.

I find my RGL Claymore and Fuzion Truth very similar at 300'. Surprising actually. Waiting on my new ones to see in Lucid.

So is the consensus that Opto is more understable than the Challenge version? Looking to snag one but wanted to be sure before I pull the trigger. Thanks!

I think the opto is slightly less stable. If you have decent recycled color claymore I'd trade ya. Mines dayglo

Still loving the Claymore. Finally picked up an Opto, and it just carves effortless lines. For my power level, it is a great workhorse mid, as the Truth was a bit too OS for my liking.

Has anyone heard if there are any plans to run the Claymore in Zero? I'd love to beat one of these up and use it for understable duties as well.

Still loving the Claymore. Finally picked up an Opto, and it just carves effortless lines. For my power level, it is a great workhorse mid, as the Truth was a bit too OS for my liking.

Has anyone heard if there are any plans to run the Claymore in Zero? I'd love to beat one of these up and use it for understable duties as well.

Are you also finding the Opto to be a little less stable? I have 3 of the Trilogy Challenge RGL and love them and just curious to hear another opinion on how the Opto compares.

Are you also finding the Opto to be a little less stable? I have 3 of the Trilogy Challenge RGL and love them and just curious to hear another opinion on how the Opto compares.

For me, yes, slightly more understable. Easier to pop to flat, but it'll still fade. My Opto is also 5 grams lighter than my RGL, so that may play into it, too.

How is the Opto Claymore for flex-shots? Z and Ti Buzzz are very good at this.

For me, BH, they held their lines until the last possible second, so they didnt really flex much. I however was putting too much anny on them in retrospect, which was negating any stability that which would have brought the disc back. FH flex shots with all of these are magical though. I love watching a mid range flex out of a FH anny. Other Im sure will comment, but my BH experience isnt the most valuable. FH however, I think you'll love it.

For me, BH, they held their lines until the last possible second, so they didnt really flex much. I however was putting too much anny on them in retrospect, which was negating any stability that which would have brought the disc back. FH flex shots with all of these are magical though. I love watching a mid range flex out of a FH anny. Other Im sure will comment, but my BH experience isnt the most valuable. FH however, I think you'll love it.

Good to know, and thanks for the info! Yeh, I'm sure you'd need to take some anhyzer angle off with the Claymore on flex-shots because it's a neutral-stable mid. I'm currently using a Truth or Wasp for BH flex-shot approaches.

Sorry to resurrect a zombie thread, but I figured we might as well keep the Claymore thread going instead of me starting another one asking about gold line.

When I got my first Claymore (from a forum member, DiscSki), it was the first mid I actually used. I have a Mako3 but I'm phasing it out for the Claymore. Also have a Shark3 I bought recently. I noticed I could only find Claymores in opto and now in the frost plastic.

I noticed some places are starting to carry gold line Claymores. Is this recent or did they always sell them and now they're phasing those out?

I have always thrown the Core. I haven't thrown the Claymore a bunch yet, but I can't help thinking that Latitude simply is rebranding the Core with a cooler look and name. They are so close it is strange.

I have always thrown the Core. I haven't thrown the Claymore a bunch yet, but I can't help thinking that Latitude simply is rebranding the Core with a cooler look and name. They are so close it is strange.

The Cores I have thrown in the past are nothing like the Claymores I am throwing now. To me it seems that fresh Cores had a lateral movement on both ends of the flight. However, a seasoned Core, especially one that had its top sunken a little, becomes super fast and holds only one line; in essence a faster Comet.

However, all of the Claymores I have thrown (Recycled, Opto, and Gold Line) come across more as a seasoned Buzzz SS. When powered down they flex nicely but when powered up they hold a stable line for half the flight before breaking into a turn (not necessary a flip) that it will hold to the ground.

Basically, I thought Cores were way to sensitive and become different discs once seasoned whereas all my Claymores can handle quite a bit of power without doing anything stupid.

You may be correct. Like I said, I need more time with the Claymore. If you are rignt it sounds like goodness.

I have a Frost Line Claymore that is pretty flat. Have not thrown it yet (it's in the Christmas stack), but I'm pretty jazzed about it.

I really like my GL Mace for most mid-range duties, and I have bagged a Fuse forever. I am thinking this will replace the Fuse and probably keep me from throwing the Mace with anny (although that is really fun).

Basically, I thought Cores were way to sensitive and become different discs once seasoned whereas all my Claymores can handle quite a bit of power without doing anything stupid.

Through the different runs of Cores they've changed a bit. I've never had one with a flat top, all of mine have a nice dome to them.

The good domey Cores sound like the Claymore. New they'll hold any line and handle a hard rip, and always a bit of fade at the end. My seasoned opto's have lost all their fade, they just flip very slightly and slowly, then hold that line to the ground.

Latest posts