• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat64 Claymore (mid)

I saw about 10-15 of these on my store shelf last week (Thursday the 21st?). They were only in green, white, and one dark purple. I don't like any of those colors so I decided to wait for a better one. The store stated that they would probably get more in this week.

I think I might like this disc better in opto than rgl. If it gets just an extra tick of stability and grip, it could be quite a nice mid.

I saw about 10-15 of these on my store shelf last week (Thursday the 21st?). They were only in green, white, and one dark purple. I don't like any of those colors so I decided to wait for a better one. The store stated that they would probably get more in this week.

Is the white one still there? PM me if you can snag it :)

Is the white one still there? PM me if you can snag it :)

Just went back, no white, only 2 greens and purple. He said he is expecting another shipment today or tomorrow. I will either be calling or going back tomorrow to check.

I think I might like this disc better in opto than rgl. If it gets just an extra tick of stability and grip, it could be quite a nice mid.

I have a half dozen recycled gold line lat discs, and they seem as stable as the Opto versions. RGL is noticeably more stable than virgin GL.

Too much similarity in the truth and claymore for me to want to throw both. I do think the claymore is a nice mid and something Lat64 needed. If only to be a little more user friendly than the core. With that disc you either love it or hate it. With the claymore I think you can love it or not care about it. No real reason to hate it though it's just very neutral and forgiving.

For me the truth just offers a little more. It seems slightly faster and a bit more high speed and low speed stable than the claymore.

I agree with both of the above lol. Does have less of a slant in the rim and feel like a core but also feels very similar to the truth. I think the truth just feels more flat and aerodynamic like a hybrid mid and the claymore is a more traditonal mid speed and shape. All of them are so similar I think it would be overlap to carry more than one. I like cycling truths and using different plastics to get all my mid shots but I could see someone doing that with a beat in recycled claymore and a new heavy opto claymore.

Probably way too early to know, but has there been any word on the Claymore being produced in GL or recycled plastic after it's released in opto?

I like cycling truths and using different plastics to get all my mid shots but I could see someone doing that with a beat in recycled claymore and a new heavy opto claymore.

This would really depend on how much/if the opto is any more stable than the recycled ones that were out from the challenge.

It's just not stable enough to be a power or hyzer (long) midrange...at least for me. It is crazy easy to hit mellow hyzer flips for really straight 300' shots...it's so glidey and it won't fade. But I find when thrown 325' or more, it really turns halfway through the flight and I think it would take way too much hyzer to keep straight. I guess that's what fairways are for, but right past that ~300-310' mark on mine it starts to track right significantly more.

It's a great disc (from my sample size of one)...I just wouldn't reach for it on 300'+ mid shots that I don't want to have a risk of going right.

Just saw the purple Optos on DD's website and it was looking good! I am temped to try one, even though I hate mids...I have never tried any Lat mold in Opto either...another mark for the "try it column"

Anybody have any profile and bottom pics of one?

Latest posts