• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] LAT64 disillusionment

Yeah i don't see how glide makes a disc unpredictable. you are either familiar with a discs potential and limitations or you are not. Comets Teebirds leopards and even pro destroyers have the same glide potential as the lat64 counterparts. 4 very popular discs.

And too straight??? That's crazy talk, or someone that needs more field work. And I will even put myself in that very large group of players that has many flaws.

I love the crazy glide. Is recently come to terms with the fact that I can throw my rivers just about as far as anything else in my bag, but I take it as a huge positive. The fuse can be touchy, but "too straight" sounds to me like a compliment instead of a negative. Plus their plastic is incredible.. I could easily throw an all lat 64 bag, but have no loyalties and mix it up quite a bit.

I would not trade my Opto Pain or Fuse. They are $$. My GL River is a great all rounder; goes straight, left, or right as directed. The Flow can be touchy but that may be a case of the archer having issues.

Yeah
I might have to reconsider.
Superior glide, superior plastic, too straight, too good looking.
Never really thought about how maddeningly perfect that is.

I guess even george clooney changes rigs after a while...

I agree with the colors kind of sucking though. My go to driver is a dark purple GL vision. It is hard to find during the day sometimes and I put it away when it starts to get a little dark. I would love a bright orange or pink GL vision.

With that said, I could never, ever replace it. I bought a ton of lat 64 but then went back to discraft/innova but I couldn't ever get rid of the visions.

I tried the striker (replaced with a pro SL), a core (like my buzz's too much), and a fuse (prefer a meteor, way more consistent for me) and they didn't stick. good discs but others are better for me. I also keep trying to like my different rivers but its not happening.

With that said, If anyone is looking for a 167 GL river (white, like new) I would gladly trade for a Vision in similar weight and plastic.

GL rivers are the best thing to ever happen to the modern man.

Ditto.

I started with an Original JL Opto Striker. I had never heard of Lat64 before, but the guy at PIAS was unpacking the first shipment from them and told me he heard it was a decent disc. It was love at first grip for me. As soon as I felt the plastic, I knew I had to have it. About 6-8 months later, I was at a pro shop and got introduced to Gold Line. I got a Pearly blue River. It is, hand down, my best disc. A few months after that, I got an Opto Halo. I was interested in getting a new high speed driver, and it felt good in my hand. I already knew that the Opto Plastic is the most durable available to me, and that Lat64 discs have glide that constitutes a miracle. It was a little bit too fast for me at first. It took me about a week to get my arm speed up enough to throw it properly, but since then it has been great and is my longest range disc.
I don't actually know anyone who has tried Lat64 discs and didn't like them, so I can't comment on it being a passing fad. I can kinda see how the colors might not be bright enough for some people, but losing discs is an operator's error in my opinion. The price, i think, is fair. Sure, they cost a couple bucks more, but the plastic is far superior to any other company's, and you have to consider that the discs are getting shipped over from Sweden.
Yes, I am a Lat64 lover, and yes, my experience of the product line is only with the 3 discs I own and love. I'll tell you what though, next time I go buy more discs, The Lat64 racks will be the first I look at.

I have a hard time finding my opto xXx about every third time I throw it. I love the disk but it only a matter of time before it becomes part of the woods. It's too clear.

Love them. All I throw and true they glide but not ALL of there discs do (blitz, XXX, riot, pain, sinus) and putters are the best IMO with the grip line plastic. No other discs besides a destroyer and nuke could compare to their halo and flow with the XXX holding a niche of its own.

Not opposed to other companies just never found them to be as comfortable, consistent or as durable. Ratings are true and dont need to break in the discs to have them fly "normal" .. Never let me down like a few other discs I've retired.

I have a hard time finding my opto xXx about every third time I throw it. I love the disk but it only a matter of time before it becomes part of the woods. It's too clear.

color on the inside with a red or blue sharpie.. well any color you want- dont need much and just like a dyed one.

Yea I ditched my opto striker and went back to my tl and stalker as well as the gold line flow and the havoc is holding on to dear life which is the main reason its coming out since the gold line plastic just doesnt feel right in my hand/slippery. Once colder weather arrives, opto and gl plastic just gets even worse. The core just couldnt beat my buzz and the river just wasnt a game changer to me.

Last edited:
I have changed my bag to all Latitude 64. It was hard at first because I was used to my other discs like the Drone, Roc, Dart, Nuke, Boss, Avenger SS, Ion, Wraith, etc. My scores took a couple stroke hit as I got used to the Pain, Havoc, Bolt, Flow, Sinus, Spike, Pure, Riot. I already threw strikers, core, fuse, trident, Halo, Blitz, River on a regular basis, so I still had a core group of discs that I could rely on for most shots.

Since then, I have really come on strong with my game. My scores have reached my course bests and my discs all have certain shot identities that they can execute.

I am not saying Lat discs will drop your scores in the long run (that would be an awesome tag line), but I will say they are just as good as Innova or Discraft in their offerings. Lat may not have the number of different discs as those two giants, but they have enough to fill out a good flight chart.

I have seen some people try out Lat discs, give them four or five throws, and say its not for them. I just wonder if all of those people only tested out their other discs with four or five throws. If I gave up on my first Opto striker after the first ten throws, then now I wouldn't be throwing 300 foot lasers that only go 5 feet off the ground.

I have changed my bag to all Latitude 64. It was hard at first because I was used to my other discs like the Drone, Roc, Dart, Nuke, Boss, Avenger SS, Ion, Wraith, etc. My scores took a couple stroke hit as I got used to the Pain, Havoc, Bolt, Flow, Sinus, Spike, Pure, Riot. I already threw strikers, core, fuse, trident, Halo, Blitz, River on a regular basis, so I still had a core group of discs that I could rely on for most shots.

Since then, I have really come on strong with my game. My scores have reached my course bests and my discs all have certain shot identities that they can execute.

I am not saying Lat discs will drop your scores in the long run (that would be an awesome tag line), but I will say they are just as good as Innova or Discraft in their offerings. Lat may not have the number of different discs as those two giants, but they have enough to fill out a good flight chart.

I have seen some people try out Lat discs, give them four or five throws, and say its not for them. I just wonder if all of those people only tested out their other discs with four or five throws. If I gave up on my first Opto striker after the first ten throws, then now I wouldn't be throwing 300 foot lasers that only go 5 feet off the ground.

:hfive: love the striker... no disc out can compare.

Love them. All I throw and true they glide but not ALL of there discs do (blitz, XXX, riot, pain, sinus) and putters are the best IMO with the grip line plastic. No other discs besides a destroyer and nuke could compare to their halo and flow with the XXX holding a niche of its own.

Not opposed to other companies just never found them to be as comfortable, consistent or as durable. Ratings are true and dont need to break in the discs to have them fly "normal" .. Never let me down like a few other discs I've retired.

The pain definatley has glide, which is rare for a more OS disc, although I get some turn out of mine if I OAT it enough or throw it into a strong enough headwind or a combo of both.

The pain definatley has glide, which is rare for a more OS disc, although I get some turn out of mine if I OAT it enough or throw it into a strong enough headwind or a combo of both.

agree the pain is not the most OS disc out but seems to only be when a ton of speed is thrown in the mix as well as some oat- 300 and in though and its a nice slow hyzer or soft flex... just not made to be ripped and the glide makes it so you dont HAVE to rip it!

You throw the fuse? just lost a core thinking about sticking to the pain and fuse only no need for the middle man anymore but LOVE the core hard not to replace that being it replaced my buzz and who would have ever thought that could happen!

Also not sure how people have so many issues with grip on these...? I drink wayyyy to much coffee and hands always sweating. Dont throw a lot of GL only opto and yes at first they can be slick but once aged a little these discs are so soft and buttery in the hand not slick at all.. i dont want something that is tacky and sticks to my fingers anyways?