• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Late turning fairway drivers

trout_smith

Par Member
I recently lost my Z-Flx Heat. Easy fix is to just replace it, and I will. But just out of curiosity, what is a similar disc that you use?

The trick is, this disc always turns, nice and smooth. Starts straight, late, easy turn and finishes either straight or very mild fade. With a little anny, it turns and turns but doesn't burn. I could almost call it a long Comet.

Oddly enough, my Z Ace Race Heat is much more stable. Useful, but in a totally different way.

Suggestions?

Hatchet does this, pro Leo on a hyzer flip does this for me. I haven't seen this out of my leo3, but I think it's a fluke disc. I know the 3 is supposed to be flat, but mine is REALLY flat. Just straight, no fade no turn no glide

Leopard3.

A little backstory: in one of his videos, Dave Dunipace (founder of Innova, for those that don't know) talks about the Leopard3 and how it has a late turn... the very description of what the OP is asking for. When I got my first Leo3, I was throwing it on a tunnel shot hole in the woods and observed that 'late turn' for myself. So the Leo3 should be right in your wheelhouse for this kind of shot.

That's how Beasts fly for me, although they are more of a distance driver.