• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Dagger

I think he was using the Swan for awhile after using the Judge

Believe so. I think he still kept a judge in the bag for jump putts but had pretty much gone to the swan for putting.

I love big bead putters but when you attach deep dish onto that I lose interest. Now if it's basically a big bead on a mercy this could be something awesome but I don't think it will be. The judge is basically that already but with a reduced profile in the hand.

i'm interested. the wizard starts off feeling almost too deep dish and once you use it a bit, the shoulder flattens, the flashing wears off and it actually feels pretty darn good in the hand.

Funny how Lat does not even have this on their website yet. Anybody heard a release date yet?

I am sure I will buy one to try...and continue to bag my Mercy line up. :D

Well it might make the cut if it is really overstable, it could kick my 400 series Prodigy Pa-2 out of that slot.

Last edited:
Funny how Lat does not even have this on their website yet. Anybody heard a release date yet?

I am sure I will buy one to try...and continue to bag my Mercy line up. :D

Well it might make the cut if it is really overstable, it could kick my 400 series Prodigy Pa-2 out of that slot.

I haven't heard a release date but I wouldn't be surprised if they had already ran them and were arriving soon in Emporia to be distributed for a May 1st release. Not saying that's the case but sometimes if a pdga approval is all but certain the release can be pretty close behind. If it's not May 1st it will likely be June 1st.

10268509_638196146235165_6750397404768432238_n.jpg

I would assume a few have been run already, considering this just popped up on their Facebook page.

Here's some quotes from the Beard about it:

-"Personal Comfort- I don't want to feel space in my hand while putting. I like a flush feel that fills my hand. I believe since I am not squeezing to reach for the flight plate that I get a more consistent release. My hand always starts from the same position and thus I don't have to rely on muscle memory to succeed. How much to squeeze down? These are factors I don't need.
Logical Reasons- I am not using this disc for distance, rather putting and approaching. So the deeper the dish the more air can be trapped underneath causing it to stay in the air longer. You shouldn't have to slam your putts, I was taught to put a medium speed on it and let it float into the chains. To be able to make my putt if there were no chains, just a pole and a bucket. This way you can try and make putts without being in danger if three putting. Less action out of the hand, less reaction from the item it hits. Less spits and roll aways when you control your speed and float it into the basket. The dagger will allow me to bring back my old stroke, I am pumped!"

The Dagger is a signature disc for Dave Feldberg and will be pre-released with a custom stamp at the Glass Blown open in Emporia, KS 02-May to 04-May-2014. Only 250 discs will be released and sold by Dave Feldberg himself. Official release date is June 1.

And lastly, the official release is June 1st. Awesome!

Come on ZeroHard Dagger! I will be picking up one when they are released.

Was kind of expecting a more awesome stamp for some reason :\.

Not that it is bad. The art does fit with the look of other discs in the line though.

Hmm I thought that might be what they contributed to the GBO player pack but I guess they will let the beard sell them instead. Also thought they would release those same as the enforcer so people could buy them that came as well as their backpack. Gotta think if it had been ready or is ready they would. Whenever you have 500+ disc golfers in one place you are bound to sell some new backpack bags.

The font on that stamp looks very Third Reich.

It's interesting that they say it has more float, but then will be less susceptible to comeback putts. Maybe they aren't using float and glide synonymously? I don't know.

Feldberg putts with a more nose up approach...And I think they are referring to that "floating" effect by that nose up putting as opposed to the "glide" that we are experience on a drive. And with that nose up putt/float, the disc won't be gliding out on you on a put leaving a huge comeback. Hope that makes sense....it makes sense in my head....:\

All they're saying is that it stays in the air longer at lower speeds so you don't have to try and spear the chains. Whether or not you as a putter decide to do so and leave a huge comeback is up to you, but the innate ability of the disc to stay up will allow you to putt slower with more range control.

Edit. And yes that means it will be nose up friendly too. :)

I love the sound of this disc...just not a fan of deeper putters, which is why I stick to pures. If I could get a beaded pure, I would be one happy disc golfer. I'll still pick one up just because I like that feldberg helped out with this one, and I have a lot of respect for what he does for our sport.

that stamp is a huge letdown... you'd think with westside being so great at stamps they'd give some tips to latitude.

I dunno, I kinda think almost all of the west side stamps are cheesy. I like this stamp. It's not great, but I do like it enough to have an opinion at least.

20qzzmu.jpg

These are actually pretty sweet. Not hugely deep like I thought they would be. Very KC Aviar like. Flat top, less of a rounded edge like the judge but definitely deeper. Not a huge bead but not small either. Got #43 and #143 signed and talked to Dave briefly about his new sponsorship with onnit.com who I'm a fan and customer of for a while now. I won't be switching from the judge but these are probably going to become Lat64's top selling putter after the buzz hits. I know the pure and mercy have good followings but this one I think will be a hit with a lot of players. Not going to throw these will likely auction them off to raise money for a course build. Might get one on June 1st though just to test out a little.

These say stiff first run on the stamp. Definitely a stiff plastic. Probably slightly stiffer than most the zero hard putters.

Latest posts