• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Fury

I haven't ever thrown a Vision, but it flies like a faster version of my broken in VIP Warship. A little turn, with a small fade. Very nice flying disc!

Yeah, for me it turns... then flies straight for a long, long way and doesn't fade. The more I throw the Fury, the more I like it.

As for the Vision comparison... I have an opto Vision that flies like this, but will fade a little more at the end. The Vision won't hold an anhyzer as well as the Fury will. (Note: I also have a GL Vision that flies like a Saint).

so....
any more info?
i have not been able to get out to throw mine enough to say anything about it
and now i hurt my knee last sat. and cant get out for a while

I have a 167 GL Fury competing against two Rivers (seasoned 168 GL, fresh 164 Opto) in my bag to take over the understable spot.

So far I get more controllable lines and a nice slow turnover when thrown flat. I think the increase in speed makes it stable enough for me where it doesn't just turn immediately out of the box like Rivers can. I'd liken it to a newer Opto River but a bit longer.

I'm curious to use it a bit more and see what it really has going for it.

I've thrown both the GL Fury and Opto and GL Underworlds. I was actually pretty surprised how straight the underworlds would go when thrown on a low line hyzer flip.

Basically I've been throwing the fury on that same low line hyzer-flip and its been holding the anny and not coming out. When thrown high on a hyzer-flip (in the open) it flips up and rides right, then fades out a little, ending pretty straight (but I aim left to compensate the amount of turn...which there is a pretty decent amount...).

both discs are great for hyzer flipping. Both will likely stand and roll if thrown on an anhyzer unless there is a lot of air...

I've thrown both the GL Fury and Opto and GL Underworlds. I was actually pretty surprised how straight the underworlds would go when thrown on a low line hyzer flip.

Basically I've been throwing the fury on that same low line hyzer-flip and its been holding the anny and not coming out. When thrown high on a hyzer-flip (in the open) it flips up and rides right, then fades out a little, ending pretty straight (but I aim left to compensate the amount of turn...which there is a pretty decent amount...).

both discs are great for hyzer flipping. Both will likely stand and roll if thrown on an anhyzer unless there is a lot of air...

thanks, ya with underworld i throw hyzer just a tad for straight shots with a little turn at the end. If i throw flat it turns and turns. Sounds like fury a little more stable maybe? What about the rims? Do they feel similier?

I have a 167 GL Fury competing against two Rivers (seasoned 168 GL, fresh 164 Opto) in my bag to take over the understable spot.

So far I get more controllable lines and a nice slow turnover when thrown flat. I think the increase in speed makes it stable enough for me where it doesn't just turn immediately out of the box like Rivers can. I'd liken it to a newer Opto River but a bit longer.

I'm curious to use it a bit more and see what it really has going for it.

Just for reference, how far do you throw?

thanks, ya with underworld i throw hyzer just a tad for straight shots with a little turn at the end. If i throw flat it turns and turns. Sounds like fury a little more stable maybe? What about the rims? Do they feel similier?

I just pulled the GL Fury and GL Underworld out to compare in the hand...

They actually feel very similar to grip. My GL underworld is a touch flatter and the rim feels a bit smaller. But they feel very comparable overall.

Another thing to note about the Vision: they retooled it sometime in the last year or so. The original Visions flew like a RoadRunner or Avenger-SS (meaning flippy with power). The new ones are now listed as -1,2; just like the Saint and Striker. The Vision and Striker were the discs that caused the advent of Parting Line Height measurement/comparison.

I'm loving my 167 GL Fury. Holds an anny all the way, is a hyzer flip machine, and the glide is to die for.

Loving my two Furys. Got my first ACE and broke 400 feet with them. :thmbup: Again, I love them. HOWEVER, they don't like head winds or left to right cross winds.

Picked up a yellow max weight Opto Fury at Cloud 9 Disc Golf today as a counterpart to my 167 GL. This Opto BOMBS! It is pretty similar to the flight of a Valk, but with a boat load more glide and that just beautiful Lat flight. It is a tad more high speed stable than my 167 GL, but not as stable as a Saint. It has a stronger fade than the 167 GL, pretty similar to a Saint. It has that great S-turn flight I've been looking for to be the be my longer Cyclone. On hyzers it holds beautifully, and penetrates forward the whole flight yielding some very long hyzers (for me). Flat release produced a turnover that would flatten and then fade if given enough air. On a low anny it holds all the way. Sky anny holds a beautiful arc for about 80% of the flight, flattens and just GLIDES forward. It will barely fade if you really skied it out. Man I love this mold! For as much complaining as people did about this mold overlapping, they hit it out of the park. It may be a small gap between Saint and Vision, but it was a needed disc for throwers like me.

I have been using both the Fury and the Underworld in my bag. Fury is a little more stable and faster giving me a little more distance potential than the Underworld. I have bee using the Underworld for tight wooded shots and throws that have to hit a small gap. Really like both discs. I know their is some overlap but I like the Underworld to much to pull it from the bag.

Post Correction, I now have 4 Furys. I too am throwing Underworlds and Furys A LOT. When I put a slight hyzer angel on a Fury it seems to hang on my finger slightly and gives a nice loud snapping sound and then I know it's going long. :thmbup:

The Fury sounds nice. I'll have to get one and test it against the Underworld. PM me if you have one FSOT, goldline 172/3 please :thmbup:

If this were to happen.....boom goes the dynamite
dgcr will break!! this will be bigger than the nexp MVP release if it ever happens and MVP threads are hard to top around here!! dang i hope they are working on this, stag was a let down ( i bagged it) but it was not stable enough. 0 3 for real on a speed 8/9 lat disc would be amazing!! c'mon tompa!!

Latest posts