• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Fury

I too have been using both the Underworld and Fury. The Fury does handle the wind better for me but by no means is a wind eater. I found the Fury to be better at working lower lines. Now I need to figure out if I want to replace my Saint with the Fury or leave them both in the bag.

I too have been using both the Underworld and Fury. The Fury does handle the wind better for me but by no means is a wind eater. I found the Fury to be better at working lower lines. Now I need to figure out if I want to replace my Saint with the Fury or leave them both in the bag.

i replaced the saint with the fury. Now I just use a XXX/Stag/Fury combo with an old beat in dx valk for turnover shots.

i replaced the saint with the fury. Now I just use a XXX/Stag/Fury combo with an old beat in dx valk for turnover shots.

I'm thinking about picking up a Stag as well to compliment the Fury and Underworld.

Little more stable than i thought it would be. Maybe when it breaks in ill like it more. Mine flies just like a light volt i have. Underworld is nothing like this disc, not sure where you guys are getting this. Underworld is a thousand times less stable. I was hoping for an underworld/fury/Bolt understable combination but right now fury is out. Ill keep trying it though, maybe a lighter one ill grab.

Had a field session with saints underworlds stags and my new fury.

Loving the stag, saint is my bread and butter lately again, underworlds have the understable slot. The fury surprised the hell out of me. Saint with no fade. Had some wiggle but a nice forward fade. Hit 370, for me that is the farthest I have thrown. Did it several times today with the fury, followed close by my saints. I didn't think I'd like the fury and I freaking loved it today. We will see at the course.

The more I use the Fury the better it gets. My comfort level is increasing with this disc to the point that I am using it for shots that I had reserved for the Underworld. So currently I have pulled the Underworld from the bag and I am going with a Striker and Fury combo.

whoa. had some great shots again with the fury. Im thinking the opto may replace my saints. the gold line is just enough more stable than the underworld. stag fury underworld may be a nice fairway line up from lat. it will have some work to do to knock the saint out, but so far it seems to have similar hss with less lss. a beat saint outta the box without being flippy. good times.

The more I use the Fury the better it gets. My comfort level is increasing with this disc to the point that I am using it for shots that I had reserved for the Underworld. So currently I have pulled the Underworld from the bag and I am going with a Striker and Fury combo.

Good to hear! Interested to learn what weight / plastic Fury and Underworlds you are comparing? I'm contemplating a similar setup...

The max weight Opto Fury replaced my Saints for sure. This disc is just so much better at shaping lines than the Saint (for my arm). And I'm loving the 167 GL Fury. Easy annys and turnovers for days, and a really cool huuuugggeee s-shot if you drop it down on like 45-60 degree hyzer. Feels strange throwing like that for something that will turn out nothing like a hyzer in the air, but it's a super cool flight. Really great mold.

Got a 170 GL fury on a whim, and man I'm a impressed with this disc after today! First throw I had was a 340' turnover shot that a normally throw my fuse on and it held the line nicely and went passed the basket. The glide immediately caught my attention. The next is a 310'tight tunnel that slightly finishes left and uphill, Threw it hyzer and held the line perfect to the basket. The next whole is a dead straight 400' tunnel shot out of the trees and parked it again. The last throw is a 400' anny shot and threw it on the line and got all the way to the basket.

Really impressed by the glide of this disc! Feels great in the hand and just clicked with me. Even throwing it after my round in the open field, it was flying the line I put it on. It's really the driver version of the Fuse. I think that's the best way to put it. Glidey and workable. If this disc is the understable version of the saint, I think I need to try a saint again!

The max weight Opto Fury replaced my Saints for sure. This disc is just so much better at shaping lines than the Saint (for my arm). And I'm loving the 167 GL Fury. Easy annys and turnovers for days, and a really cool huuuugggeee s-shot if you drop it down on like 45-60 degree hyzer. Feels strange throwing like that for something that will turn out nothing like a hyzer in the air, but it's a super cool flight. Really great mold.

Welcome to the wonderful world of hyper flipping

Good to hear! Interested to learn what weight / plastic Fury and Underworlds you are comparing? I'm contemplating a similar setup...

I have been tossing both GL and Opto for the Fury at 169 grams. The Underworlds are VIP and TP at 172. The Fury is a little more stable than the Underworld but not to the point that it pulls out of anhyzers early.

I have been tossing both GL and Opto for the Fury at 169 grams. The Underworlds are VIP and TP at 172. The Fury is a little more stable than the Underworld but not to the point that it pulls out of anhyzers early.

Excellent! I'm running the same weight gap, with the Fury's coming in a little lighter at 167g.

Now, if I could just get a more consistent (i.e. non dirt-dart) anhyzer release... :\

Excellent! I'm running the same weight gap, with the Fury's coming in a little lighter at 167g.

Now, if I could just get a more consistent (i.e. non dirt-dart) anhyzer release... :\

When I want to muscle up on the Fury I put a little hyzer on the release then lay into it and watch it pop up to flat and then take off. I have been pulling off some really nice long shots in tight wooded areas with my Fury. It just takes time to get use to it. I don't have a powerful arm so discs on the more under stable side are my best bet for distance. Just take your time and don't give up on it you will be rewarded with some great shots.

I have been throwing the Fury and Underworld A LOT. I have found that I have more consistant anhyzers with the Underworld when I power it down and focus on being smooth; the disc does the work for me. (and I don't have a gun for an arm to begin with)
Take your discs to a field and change things up when you practice. Not just angles and releases, but power levels also.

...Take your discs to a field and change things up when you practice. Not just angles and releases, but power levels also.

Thanks for the reminder tip! I have a tendency to throw too hard leading to OAT induced dirt-darting.

Must remember the smooth 80% (or less) power throws... :doh:

Threw Valkyries outta the bag. I can LAUNCH these puppies.

For a more productive review: optos are much flippier than GL. Note flippy opto was a yellow FR. Dead straight GL was an orange FR.

...For a more productive review: optos are much flippier than GL. Note flippy opto was a yellow FR. Dead straight GL was an orange FR.

Just curious, is there a Parting Line Height (PLH) difference on the two discs?

I've found with Diamonds that yellow (both OPTO and RGL) discs have slightly lower PLH than orange discs; red is an even bigger difference... :confused:

Latest posts