• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Fury

I got to watch Lopan sink a sweet 331' ACE today with his Blue GL Fury. It was pretty. Would have been even prettier if it had been me!

My god it was a thing of BEAUTY! Perfect narrow S-Curve that just kissed the right side foliage and came back to the pin. BOOM! :hfive:
2:20 is the hole.

Last edited:
fury has won for me over the underworld. its just more trustworthy and the glide makes it easy to dial down the power and still get some great distance.

FURY throwers, I'd like to know, which plastic is "better" for hyzer flipping to a dead straight shot? Opto or GL?
Also, does a Fury compare at all to a 175g star sidewinder? This is what I use for a hyzer flip to straight shot.

thanks!

FURY throwers, I'd like to know, which plastic is "better" for hyzer flipping to a dead straight shot? Opto or GL?
Also, does a Fury compare at all to a 175g star sidewinder? This is what I use for a hyzer flip to straight shot.

thanks!

I actually replaced my Star sidewinder with a GL fury. I had been throwing sidewinders for years but I got a hold of the fury and knew from day one I wasn't looking back. The are about the same speed and the fury has more glide, because the extra glide I feel like its a lot more controllable and works right to left shots (RHBH) easier and stays straighter on hyzer flips. It's surprisingly not very nose angle sensitive at all, very easy disc to throw. And surprisingly long sometimes. Get one and you won't regret it!

nice

I actually replaced my Star sidewinder with a GL fury. I had been throwing sidewinders for years but I got a hold of the fury and knew from day one I wasn't looking back. The are about the same speed and the fury has more glide, because the extra glide I feel like its a lot more controllable and works right to left shots (RHBH) easier and stays straighter on hyzer flips. It's surprisingly not very nose angle sensitive at all, very easy disc to throw. And surprisingly long sometimes. Get one and you won't regret it!

now that's a good response! Now I'm VERY interested in a GL fury...
Do you think that extra glide makes the fury worse in the wind vs a star sidewinder?
My sw isn't great in winds but it can still hang with correct form.

Do you think that extra glide makes the fury worse in the wind vs a star sidewinder?
The Furies I have thrown do not like headwind at all. But if you power them down with hyzer, they seem to go a long way relatively straight.

fury

The Furies I have thrown do not like headwind at all. But if you power them down with hyzer, they seem to go a long way relatively straight.

Cool, you're talkin like 80% power?
Any reason why it's not in your sig/bag? :)

Well it would depend on your power level. Your 80% may be different then my 80%. I would throw mine at about 60% for a 350ft throw in low/moderate wind. In tailwind however I could mash on it. But the reason for it not being in my bag now is that I lost two within about 3 weeks, and I liked my River better. I found the River to be more controllable and versatile for me personally. With all that said however, I was throwing a 168 and a 169. So take that into account too.

lost

Well it would depend on your power level. Your 80% may be different then my 80%. I would throw mine at about 60% for a 350ft throw in low/moderate wind. In tailwind however I could mash on it. But the reason for it not being in my bag now is that I lost two within about 3 weeks, and I liked my River better. I found the River to be more controllable and versatile for me personally. With all that said however, I was throwing a 168 and a 169. So take that into account too.

so was it too flippy for you at that weight?
did you lose it from flipping it unintentionally?

so was it too flippy for you at that weight?
did you lose it from flipping it unintentionally?
I wouldn't say it was TOO flippy. I'm sure if I thought out my shots better with it it would have been fine. I think that if I wasn't so attached to Rivers I would try a heavy Opto and see how that went. But I lost it throwing big anhyzers with it. Like the kind that the hole doesn't even call for. It was too fun. I couldn't help it. :hfive:

fury has won for me over the underworld. its just more trustworthy and the glide makes it easy to dial down the power and still get some great distance.

I thought it was just me
Im not really sinking with my underworld
But I love my fury
I would force myself to use the underworld for hard annys
but I just liked my fury better

I think the extra glide does make it a little more unpredictable in the wind. Out of the box I could hyzerflip it in some winds and it held surprisingly well, as it wore in a little more it would turn a little more off line, not over, just not take that dead straight flight that it had out of the box. I do throw these with a big time hyzer release, but also would with my star sidewinders as well for those dead straight hyzerflips.

winds

I think the extra glide does make it a little more unpredictable in the wind. Out of the box I could hyzerflip it in some winds and it held surprisingly well, as it wore in a little more it would turn a little more off line, not over, just not take that dead straight flight that it had out of the box. I do throw these with a big time hyzer release, but also would with my star sidewinders as well for those dead straight hyzerflips.

so, which disc do you think fights wind better? Or can go dead straight better even in winds. Fury or SW?

To be honest I'm not sure if I would say ones better then the other in the wind. I feel comfortable that the fury will stay straight in a wind (10mph) it will track a little right, but stay straight after that. Which is the exact same way I felt about my sidewinders. But most of the time if I feel any wind coming at me, it's a PD shot anyway. I think overall flight you'll see more movement in flight with a sidewinder, more turn And fade. And the fury will stay straighter in flight. Less HS movement and fade. That's what won me on the fury. Hope that helps you out more!

Picked up a GL Fury this afternoon and went out to the field for some testing. Wow.. Awesome disc. I was throwing beautiful anhyzers all day long and could soar a nice straight fade if needed. Definitely going in the bag.

I've been throwing the Saints as of late and I'm loving this speed 9 disc.

Would a Fury be the best compliment to the Saint?

I see it's flight numbers are similar to the Rivers numbers. Does it fly like a faster River as well?

Sorry for the questions. As of late I've come to the conclusion that Speed 9 discs are what suits me best. So I'm looking around for a good Saint companion.

I would say the Fury is a excellent compliment to a Saint. The River is great as well, but the Fury and Saint feel nearly identical in the hand. As far as the River comparison, I would say they fly close to the same, the Fury for me just goes into it's high speed turn abruptly, as to where my Rivers flip slower if that makes sense.

I would say the Fury is a excellent compliment to a Saint. The River is great as well, but the Fury and Saint feel nearly identical in the hand. As far as the River comparison, I would say they fly close to the same, the Fury for me just goes into it's high speed turn abruptly, as to where my Rivers flip slower if that makes sense.

Thanks for the Info. And yes that made sense. :thmbup:

How does a Fury compare to the original Visions?

Just by looking at the Inbounds flight guide it looks as though the Vision would be just a tick more stable.

I forgot about the Vision. Man this is a tough choice picking between these two.

Latest posts