• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Fury

I need to try a VIP Stag, because my TP is anything but overstable. It flies a lot like my TP Underworld that is anything but understable. Beautiful pearly discs that do what they want to do.

^^ my VIP Stag is beeefy and its 167g .. if i really really crank on it i can get a lil turn but it hooks up hard at the end of its flight.. very much like a glidey Eagle-X at my arm speed anyway.. tad faster though

^^ my VIP Stag is beeefy and its 167g .. if i really really crank on it i can get a lil turn but it hooks up hard at the end of its flight.. very much like a glidey Eagle-X at my arm speed anyway.. tad faster though

Yup, same here. I have only thrown on Stag, but apparently there are flippy ones out there. Just haven't seen them in person yet.

Just got myself a bright pink 170 GL Fury and it's a fantastic disc. It's super straight with a tiny turn and a tiny fade, and of course that magical, Swedish glide. It's actually a little less understable than I expected. I have a GL Saint that is considerably more flippy at the moment, but that is because my Saint has been my workhorse driver for over a year and has beat in nicely. 10/10 would throw again.

Just got myself a bright pink 170 GL Fury and it's a fantastic disc. It's super straight with a tiny turn and a tiny fade, and of course that magical, Swedish glide. It's actually a little less understable than I expected. I have a GL Saint that is considerably more flippy at the moment, but that is because my Saint has been my workhorse driver for over a year and has beat in nicely. 10/10 would throw again.

now get a saint pro, they make a great set :thmbup:

i do not have oat i can throw comets at 300+ frozen rope so dont suggest that...

anyone else find that the fury cant handle too much torque as opposed to say a sidewinder?

i have to throw the fury at like 50-75% power to get low laser hyzerflips with it. the sidewinder i could put 100% mustard behind it and have low hyzer flips. to get a smooth turn over i really have to air out a fury and it has a ton of lateral movement. its a first run opto.

The Fury is a finesse disc, but I've always found Sidewinders to be more OS than their numbers say. Could be an adjustment period.

i do not have oat i can throw comets at 300+ frozen rope so dont suggest that...

anyone else find that the fury cant handle too much torque as opposed to say a sidewinder?

i have to throw the fury at like 50-75% power to get low laser hyzerflips with it. the sidewinder i could put 100% mustard behind it and have low hyzer flips. to get a smooth turn over i really have to air out a fury and it has a ton of lateral movement. its a first run opto.

Maybe you have OAT......:p

I don't throw anything US from the Trilogy mix at over 75% or I get the same results as you...your not the only one. But that's what I like about them. The Saint and River for example...I love popping those things out high and flat and watching them turn over and coast down on that anny line with little effort. Or throwing them from a stand still in the woods on a smooth hyzer angle and watching them flip to flat and glide out...good stuff

Maybe you have OAT......:p

I don't throw anything US from the Trilogy mix at over 75% or I get the same results as you...your not the only one. But that's what I like about them. The Saint and River for example...I love popping those things out high and flat and watching them turn over and coast down on that anny line with little effort. Or throwing them from a stand still in the woods on a smooth hyzer angle and watching them flip to flat and glide out...good stuff

i can rip on the saint. i love my saints. im only throwing them 325 consistently up to 350. 365 max. saying that the fury is a finesse disc sounds exactly right. its not a torque monkey disc. i was doing like 50-75% mustard and they glide straight forever if you hyzer flip them. such effortless D

well still on the quest to find a disc like the sidewinder. fury is too finesse for my liking

Last edited:
Yup, same here. I have only thrown on Stag, but apparently there are flippy ones out there. Just haven't seen them in person yet.

Most are the TP ones I believe. I've only had one stag and it was about a 170g TP and was domey. It was not what I would call stable and definitely not overstable. 8/5/-1.5/2 would be the numbers I'd call mine as opposed to the 8/6/0/3 which I believe are on the disc. I haven't tried a VIP though that plastic tends to be a little more overstable so in heavy weights and that plastic I could see one being nice and stable. I just wasn't a fan and it was too domey. I'm much more comfortable with my assortment of Escapes.

I was giving the Fury another try today. Throwing a 170 Opto and comparing it to a slightly beat Lucid Escape. The Fresh Opto Fury seemed to be a tick more HSS than the Escape which really surprised me. There was a very mild headwind, which may be the cause. As much as I love the Escape, it's a turning driver with any wind. Also, the Fury is absolutely fresh and should show some initial break in before long.

If you can already throw a Saint the way it's supposed to fly, DO NOT get a Fury any lighter than said Saint. I love my 171g Saints and thought the Fury would be similar with a bit more turn. Well, my 168g Opto Furies were waaay flippier than anticipated straight out of the package. (Yes, I had two of them so it definitely wasn't a fluke in the mold.) I gave one to my sister and one to my girlfriend, both of whom have speed 6-7 arms, and they S-curve them a mile. I'm not a big fan of "turnover" discs, so these had no chance to end up in my bag.

Hatchets are great for reliable turn. Thrown cleanly and flat and they will turn all day without flipping over.

My Fury is still a mystery. Way beefier than I expect, much more stable than the Hatchet. Basically flies like a Saint or Escape. Turns into a wind, fairly straight on a calm day and tons of glide. Sailing past my S-line TDs.

I have pulled the Fury from my bag and replaced it with the Underworld.
I really like this disc but lately we haven't been getting along.
The shallow plus rim was always coming out early, and can just get a better grip on the Underworld.

Is the Fury going away? I was browsing around today, and the only one left on Dynamic's site is a retro- not even a listing for GL or Opto, infinite is down to 2 of them, low stock or sold out on every other site I visited too.

I don't think Lat runs everything at the same time. They probably haven't run Furies in awhile, it doesn't mean they are going OOP. Look at Classic Truths, they went away for awhile then came back.

I don't think Lat runs everything at the same time. They probably haven't run Furies in awhile, it doesn't mean they are going OOP. Look at Classic Truths, they went away for awhile then came back.

Yep. They run on a production schedule like any business.

I have pulled the Fury from my bag and replaced it with the Underworld.
I really like this disc but lately we haven't been getting along.
The shallow plus rim was always coming out early, and can just get a better grip on the Underworld.

fury is back in my bag, and it has been seeing a lot of use lately :thmbup:

Latest posts