• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64: News, Updates, Discussion and Happenings

Rivers are nose angle sensitive. When you get the nose down and a good rip they glide forever. When you don't they crash and burn.

I havent been throwing for long and I have a TM River that Ive tried a few times that I just cant throw farther then my mids yet. I got a used opto river last week and its the first driver that I can actually throw farther them my mids. When I get if out right it just goes.

Cool. Sounds like you are on the right track.

Supposedly, if you want to really learn to throw long drives correctly, you are supposed to be able to throw your Mid Range and Putters around 300 feet, then start trying to throw Drivers.I honestly doubt many people do that, but if your goal is to be a Pro DGer, you might consider that.

Otherwise, you will find you can soon throw the understable distance drivers farther than your Mid ranges. The first disc like that for me was a Sidewinder, but I bet a Vision would have been great too if I'd had one.

Cool. Sounds like you are on the right track.

Supposedly, if you want to really learn to throw long drives correctly, you are supposed to be able to throw your Mid Range and Putters around 300 feet, then start trying to throw Drivers.I honestly doubt many people do that, but if your goal is to be a Pro DGer, you might consider that.

Otherwise, you will find you can soon throw the understable distance drivers farther than your Mid ranges. The first disc like that for me was a Sidewinder, but I bet a Vision would have been great too if I'd had one.

Wow, that's horrible typing on my part. Yes for the most part I do only throw mids and putters. I was field throwing and I just got the river and I wanted to try it out. It throws really nice.

Also yes I could tell when I would throw it nose up and flat or nose down, I need to work on that in general. A lot of my throws, regardless of what Im throwing, kinda will go sky high and balloon on me. I try to keep the nose down and then the disc hyzers on me. I just need more practice.

Either way though yeah, Im definitively working on the mids and not the drivers, not that stops me form collecting rivers though lol. I'm also probably picking up a fuse, been wanting to try one for a while now, when I get paid on Friday as long as my local shop has some left.

Any weight recommendations? I like light drivers, but for the mids I really haven't found a weight I prefer. Usually theyre heavier in the 175 range just because that's what I usually find. I think the place only has three, all heavier.

I do have another questions too. The Black discs? I never see them for sale, is that something they do every now and then and you just have to keep your eyes peeled for them, though Ive never seen one for sale, or were they one time things?

Also is it the same with whites, Id actually probable be more willing to get white as there is no way I could throw a black disc, too hard to find, but mand to the black Lats look good.

Black is such a popular color that it continues to baffle me that we see such a short supply of them from the manufacturers.

Black is such a popular color that it continues to baffle me that we see such a short supply of them from the manufacturers.

Yeah I've never seen them on sale anywhere at the stores and in the marketplace I could probably count on one hand. Also never a river.

Maybe because in concept they're cool but in practice not so much. Like I said I dont think I could ever actually throw a black disc. Id lose it in the first 3 holes I bet. Maybe they would be good for someone more consistent.

That said I still think they would sell the hell out of them if they made more.

Id be all over the pearly white discs though, bit I never see those either, though I think Ive seen a couple more then blacks.

i would gobble up some 173g black bt soft swan 2 (in case anyone from lat is reading this) but anything other than a putting putter i wouldnt take in black.

They ran a few proto GL pures, thats probably the run. It had issues so the Pure didn't go full production in GL.

Some of the others (booter, EL-Kabong, jimbo, etc) will know more I think.

Either way though yeah, Im definitively working on the mids and not the drivers, not that stops me form collecting rivers though lol. I'm also probably picking up a fuse, been wanting to try one for a while now, when I get paid on Friday as long as my local shop has some left.

Any weight recommendations? I like light drivers, but for the mids I really haven't found a weight I prefer. Usually theyre heavier in the 175 range just because that's what I usually find. I think the place only has three, all heavier.

I would go for max weight or one of the higher weights. That's just my preference. The Fuse is a wonderful disc and will also punish poor form. Throw it right and it's beautiful though.

They also ran some Glopto Pures with the proto Lat stamp. LS Discs got a few. They were dayglo yellow/green, too.

They ran a few proto GL pures, thats probably the run. It had issues so the Pure didn't go full production in GL.

Some of the others (booter, EL-Kabong, jimbo, etc) will know more I think.

SDGO 2012 fundraiser was a GL Pure. I've got two, they fly really nice.

Anybody got a pic of what Marshall St. calls "blurple marble"?

this river was just "Burple" not "burple marble" you can only see the blue when it reflects in the light

0225132128_zps0c025c2b.jpg

Latest posts