• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

I used these a lot last year. Two whites that I eventually lost. Was my go to long distance roller. Have been using cd2 for a back up but man I miss my white saints.

To me it's a lot like a Swedish Beast. I think when new, the flashing can make them seem way more stable than they really are and so the big S-curvy flights aren't far behind. If you know this and learn the right combos of hyzer angle and power you can manipulate a lot of great hyzer flips in calm wind. If throw flat, have some OAT and/or play windy courses it's more likely to seem like an unpredictable disc.

Took my three beaten-in Saints to the field today to re-familiarize myself with them after a long winter. I worked a lot on form this winter, using mids, simplifying my delivery(mainly because of bad footing), and working on not rounding and following through properly, which has certainly helped accuracy if no added some small distance.

All three low 170s Opto, and vary from fresh last summer to over 4 years old. I was surprised at how much more stable they flew than I remembered. The newest actually held a hyzer line into a slightly gusting headwind, which really surprised me. The oldest one flipped up to flat and flew with a long gentle turn before fading out at the end.

I think BrotherDave's comparison to a Beast is pretty close: they seem to beat into the same disc.

I'm still pairing mine with my OLFs. Great pairing, solid disc.

I have a small stack with a nice variety of fresh and broken in Saints for a lot of stable-understable lines.

Saint isn't a bad disc, it's just too similar to my Escapes to warrant bagging.

I bought one of each about a year ago when I stepped up to Speed 9 class discs. Saint felt a little plus rim-like in the hand to me, whereas the Escape felt more natural relative to everything else I throw. I also found the Saint just a tad more sensitive to that breakpoint where a disc will decide whether it's going to come out of a turnover...I sometimes would turn it all the way over when I wanted a big S flight, and vice versa. In comparison the Escape seemed to do what I wanted more regularly, plus felt better. But if the Escape didn't exist then I'm sure I could've learned how to use a Saint and been perfectly fine.

Not the biggest necro bump ever, but several months. Point being... not much Saint talk for a while. Mold losing popularity? :popcorn:

Lat really seems to be pushing more stable molds: Saint Pro, River Pro, Pioneer, Recoil, Musket, etc. Finesse discs for intermediate players like Saint and River seem to be on the downswing there these days, which is unfortunate for the throngs who have <300 feet of power.

Saint isn't a bad disc, it's just too similar to my Escapes to warrant bagging.

I bought one of each about a year ago when I stepped up to Speed 9 class discs. Saint felt a little plus rim-like in the hand to me, whereas the Escape felt more natural relative to everything else I throw. I also found the Saint just a tad more sensitive to that breakpoint where a disc will decide whether it's going to come out of a turnover...I sometimes would turn it all the way over when I wanted a big S flight, and vice versa. In comparison the Escape seemed to do what I wanted more regularly, plus felt better. But if the Escape didn't exist then I'm sure I could've learned how to use a Saint and been perfectly fine.

The Saint has a slightly narrower 1.9 rim compared to the Escape's 2.0. Probably that fine line you are describing. Escape was kind of the original Saint Pro: tick more stable with less glide.

I also found the Saint just a tad more sensitive to that breakpoint where a disc will decide whether it's going to come out of a turnover...I sometimes would turn it all the way over when I wanted a big S flight, and vice versa.

I haven't thrown a Saint for a while, but I think this is its weak point. When it's still kind of stable but if you get on it, you'll get a bomber turnover line.

I think if you get it past a certain wear in point and/or if your arm speed is where you can turn it easily every time, then it's really good again. Like a Sidewinder style disc. But if you're inbetween where sometimes it holds a turnover and sometimes it comes out, then the Saint is a very dangerous disc to throw in many situations. They go so far they can get you into a lot of trouble if you can't get left and right sorted out.

Latest posts