• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Trident.

i bag both the trident and xxx. the trident is definately more of a mid disguised as a driver. the skip that you can get with the trident is awesome when you need it. I can get way more d out of the xxx and that is why that one stays in there. the trident is very under rated.

IMHO, it's not a mid but instead is a fairway. The trident is basically the XXX with a thicker spacer between the bottom and top mold, which is what gives the trident it's blunter nose and mid-like qualities. I get more distance forward with Tridents than XXX's before the fade takes over. While both are very similar, there are courses in my area that I will swap in/out Trident/XXX's for. And if you'd rather something in between the two, flat 12x Champ Firebirds is that dsc.

OK, I've been eyeballing both the xXx and the Trident hard. I have an uberflat 175 champ firebird that works for me as the crazy skipper-skidder/middish FH flex shot. My thumber form is bad enough that I usually can't get it to roll all the way over at all, or at least not quite fast enough for it to be accurate.

I read this whole thread, and I'm not quite sure which of the Lat64 meathooks will be better for me. It SOUNDS like the xXx is more of a fairway driver type disc? The Firebird, when I nose up with it, drops almost straight down in its fade. I want the one that will roll a bit less into the fade, that will glide out a bit more when ripped BH before fading. Sounds like xXx? Baybe a 168ish Gold line?

I heart lat64 these days, so, should I get one of each? I don't really need to replace the firebird, so if one of them is essentially the same disc, I don't need that one yet.

My power level: I get about 350-375 out of a somewhat seasoned Star Destoyer.

Last edited:
OK, I've been eyeballing both the xXx and the Trident hard. I have an uberflat 175 champ firebird that works for me as the crazy skipper-skidder/middish FH flex shot. My thumber form is bad enough that I usually can't get it to roll all the way over at all, or at least not quite fast enough for it to be accurate.

I read this whole thread, and I'm not quite sure which of the Lat64 meathooks will be better for me. It SOUNDS like the xXx is more of a fairway driver type disc? The Firebird, when I nose up with it, drops almost straight down in its fade. I want the one that will roll a bit less into the fade, that will glide out a bit more when ripped BH before fading. Sounds like xXx? Baybe a 168ish Gold line?

I heart lat64 these days, so, should I get one of each? I don't really need to replace the firebird, so if one of them is essentially the same disc, I don't need that one yet.

My power level: I get about 350-375 out of a somewhat seasoned Star Destoyer.

Actually, it sounds like a lighter GL Trident would get you the flight you're looking for. A XXX fades faster and more gradually (like a "C") where a trident will go straight for a long time then cut very hard and sit (like an upside down "L". I use a 168g GL Trident for the shot you're describing if my Zone doesn't have the powah. The XXX would also overlap like crazy with your firebird.

Toro, the disc you're looking for is not in the Lat64 line up. XXX's (and tridents) for all intents and purposes act the same as Champ Firebirds.

What i can suggest for you is a Millennium QOLF. It is exactly what you say you want.

Toro, the disc you're looking for is not in the Lat64 line up. XXX's (and tridents) for all intents and purposes act the same as Champ Firebirds.

What i can suggest for you is a Millennium QOLF. It is exactly what you say you want.

Thanks to you and Treadwell. Treadwell, I'll check out the Trident.

jrawk, I've never messed with any Millennium, so I love/hate you for opening another Pandora's box of plastic impulse-buys! LOL

Actually, it sounds like a lighter GL Trident would get you the flight you're looking for. A XXX fades faster and more gradually (like a "C") where a trident will go straight for a long time then cut very hard and sit (like an upside down "L". I use a 168g GL Trident for the shot you're describing if my Zone doesn't have the powah. The XXX would also overlap like crazy with your firebird.

Kind of a bummer though...the stamp on the Opto Trident is pretty dope!

Kind of a bummer though...the stamp on the Opto Trident is pretty dope!

maybe if you bug Skulboy about it he'll draw up a stamp? He's made some sick ones for the Saint, Halo, Havoc, and River....

maybe if you bug Skulboy about it he'll draw up a stamp? He's made some sick ones for the Saint, Halo, Havoc, and River....

I'd seen some talk on this site about him, just checked out his thread/website. Absolute filth, the guy's a twisted genius.

I think in his thread he said those discs you listed are the only Lat64's they do blanks of. Someone had asked about a Fuse, which I'd be (nutting) all over, too.

I'm getting me some! :thmbup:

Tomorrow there is a 1 disc tournament and i am debating on taking the trident or wasp.

How does the Trident compare to a Zone and a Hornet. Please convince me so I can have a reason to buy a Trident!

Tridents are the goods. Never thought I'd throw them...but it is the best OS utility disc in my bag.

How does the Trident compare to a Zone and a Hornet. Please convince me so I can have a reason to buy a Trident!

trident is a much much longer zone. it is a wide rim disc with a blunt nose that makes it lose its speed quickly. hornts are mids with glide. the trident has no glide. it flies more like a firebird

Yeh, been wondering why so many are comparing it to a Zone and Hornet. Hello!

1465_311265475652100_736603805_n.jpg

The new Trident I gifted myself for Christmas. Merry Latmas to all!

You should buy one. I use mine frequently as a get out of trouble disc or if the wind is out of control. I have a couple optos if interested.

I had to jump back in here...

I dumped my flat Firebird in the drink today, so I picked up a 175 Opto xXx on the recommendation, and took it out for a round at Renny Gold.

While I agree that it's a close cousin to a standard Firebird, this xXx I have is nowhere NEAR as OS as the flat Firebird. No comparison, IMO. By flat Firebird, I don't mean less domey than normal. It was PERFECTLY flat on top, most OS disc I've come across by far.

That being said, the xXx is dope, I psycho-yanked it into a blustery headwind several times today, and got a nice late hard hook out of it.

For the sake of thread integrity, I'm looking forward to snagging a Trident now for comparison.

i should have used the trident today in the 1 disc tournament. The wind decided to play havoc with my wasp.