• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude Overmolds

th

Every single time i play i get questions about my MVP discs. Even an older couple was on a walking path of DGC mentioned never seeing those kind of "high tech" looking discs. The bros im sure would have been proud of that one being disc nerds.

Gateway just seems to recycle same old ideas/molds so really curious what lat. Can/will do.

Your comments have caused me to try a few MVP discs. Not that it is a bad thing. Loving the Proxy so far ;)

IMHO, what sets MVP apart is the fantastic physical quality of the product, no mean feat, but it's not how they fly.

^ Agree about the quality. I have been throwing a Neutron Ion on concrete/asphalt for weeks and it hardly shows a mark after ~150 throws, including tree dings.

This move from latitude really just makes MVP seem that much more legit. If anything it might make some people more curious about both brands.

For sure.

I wonder if Innova rethinks their overmolding technique or introduces more overmolded discs with a more conventional or entirely different process. I'm thinking the market shares for MVP in the US and Europe aren't that different.

IMHO, what sets MVP apart is the fantastic physical quality of the product, no mean feat, but it's not how they fly.

Ya, they just look amazing. Just got a Plasma Proxy and Ion Electron. The Ion is probably the best looking disc I've ever seem. Mottled dark grey inside with a black rim, it looks like a spaceship. I just want to throw it so bad. The proxy is cool looking too, and I love its feel and flight a ton. So I might not even throw or bag the Ion going forward, but I still feel like the purchase was worth it to have int he bag :)

I was also thinking about how consistency is MVP's big thing. However, it is pretty well known that Latitude makes discs as variable as any other company. Lat/Trilogy also allegedly tends to not be quite as stable as advertised and may not have the most durable plastics around by normal standards. I wonder how all of this will play in. Will Opto Gyro be a thing? Or will it have its own name? Does this mean six-twelve more plastic names across Trilogy if DD and Westside start "designing" overmolds? A lot to chew on fo sho...

Yeah thats one thing i think even the dealers hate are all the different trilogy names. Even MVPs new company will just be same plastic names. I saw a couple pictures on latitude FB which sounds like new platic names on the way. Making like.... 10?

Spill line?!

17016964_1233324766722297_2576128178136021577_o.jpg

YEh after the axis/atlas

Axiom got theirs with the fireball/wrath.

The more discs the better for everyone. But screw innova. :p lat doesnt have a proshop right?! Edit: plus wouldnt you feel salty as innova making those fugly ass "overmolds"?

Last edited:
All good. In winds like that no disc besides the lawn dart type will do well without any decent technique so makes sense. I just get so tired of the MVP discs dont XYZ when really they are just discs like any others but seem to have a little more HSS when juiced up.

I cant even throw the damn 23mm nitro 200' without a huge left finish and skip action. Cant imagine any normal DG player needing more disc (which mvp makes) when i can crush 275-300' in real life...

FTFY :)

All good. In winds like that no disc besides the lawn dart type will do well without any decent technique so makes sense. I just get so tired of the MVP discs dont XYZ when really they are just discs like any others but seem to have a little more HSS when juiced up.

I cant even throw the damn 23mm nitro without a huge left finish and skip action.

:confused: