• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude Overmolds

There is a kid in my weekend group that can throw 500+ and he couldn't flip it. Now granted it held straight a long way before dumping...

There is a kid in my weekend group that can throw 500+ and he couldn't flip it. Now granted it held straight a long way before dumping...

Didn't say it flips, but AIM"S "hard left and big skip" comment doesn't sound like the Nitro, sorry. Sounds way underpowered, and why I was trying to reconcile that with the other "crush to 425-450" thing.

The part in bold sounds more like it...

YEh after the axis/atlas

Axiom got theirs with the fireball/wrath.

The more discs the better for everyone. But screw innova. :p lat doesnt have a proshop right?! Edit: plus wouldnt you feel salty as innova making those fugly ass "overmolds"?

Yeah, nobody one has their pitchforks out over the overmolded Gateway Assassins.

I think it came down to two things.

The Atlas had a similar name and wing shape to the Axis, making it seem like a deliberate attempt at creating market confusion.

Then on top of that, IIRC a few months prior to Innova releasing their overmolded discs Dave D (Owner) said in an interview that overmolds are pointless.

Didn't say it flips, but AIM"S "hard left and big skip" comment doesn't sound like the Nitro, sorry. Sounds way underpowered, and why I was trying to reconcile that with the other "crush to 425-450" thing.

The part in bold sounds more like it...

Nitros are pretty damn beefy. I throw them 500-540' and they fade hard and have a big skip.

Then on top of that, IIRC a few months prior to Innova releasing their overmolded discs Dave D (Owner) said in an interview that overmolds are pointless.

He didn't say they were pointless.

He said (in his opinion) that they had a neglible effect on the flight of a disc, considering most discs already have the majority of their weight in the wing.

Besides that, I don't think Innova's overmolds are about "gyro", I believe they are about better grip and basically a marketing thing beyond that.

Although I think that overall safety (i.e. someone getting hit by an overmolded disc with soft outer plastic versus hard edge) is also a factor.

Perhaps why you only see Innova's overmolds on a putter and mid, with soft/gummy outer plastic.

MVP f*ked up early and repeatedly with a bunch of FAF drivers. Then they designed some dome into the Vanish and Wave, and the 23mm class. That's when I got back on board. Always liked their mids, and always loved their putters!

Expect Lat 64 to do OM right..that is all.

Have a feeling Lat 64 won't do OM wrong...

I agree. Should be fine fwiw.

Couldn't be worse than these turds of a innova overmold, complete horse **** feel...

Look at this lack of precision on a brand new disc, whole rack was like this. :thmbup:

Really felt awful.
picture.php

Last edited:
MVP f*ked up early and repeatedly with a bunch of FAF drivers.

**** that's one of the main reasons I bag all MVP drivers. I love them all being flat instead of bagging some flat and some domey drivers like I used to.

I agree. Should be fine fwiw.

Couldn't be worse than these turds of a innova overmold, complete horse **** feel...

Look at this lack of precision on a brand new disc, whole rack was like this. :thmbup:

Really felt awful.
picture.php

The Nova has a beautiful flight but its one of the worst looking, worst feeling discs I've encountered. I couldn't even imagine trying to FH upshot with them. I actually had one loaned to me that I was going to make a test video with but I couldn't get any good shots with how deep and grippy the rim was. That disc was born to griplock.

**** that's one of the main reasons I bag all MVP drivers. I love them all being flat instead of bagging some flat and some domey drivers like I used to.

I like a very moderate dome, not domey. But FAF drivers are pitiful.

The Nova has a beautiful flight but its one of the worst looking, worst feeling discs I've encountered. I couldn't even imagine trying to FH upshot with them. I actually had one loaned to me that I was going to make a test video with but I couldn't get any good shots with how deep and grippy the rim was. That disc was born to griplock.

It was terrible. Felt like the overmold shrank after it was produced and was falling apart. And the nubs underneath, it's just sooo bad. It really is embarrassing. (With the absoloute exception of what Paul can do with them)

It was terrible. Felt like the overmold shrank after it was produced and was falling apart. And the nubs underneath, it's just sooo bad. It really is embarrassing. (With the absoloute exception of what Paul can do with them)

I haven't seen Paul throw them but I do know they can fly great for people that can get used to the rim. I have a buddy that uses one for upshots and even flicks them off the tee for turnover FH shots.

The only thing I'd put money on is that they'll be really pretty. I like me some purdy discs. I wonder if they'll make an OM Fuse.

Latest posts