• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Launching disc golf blog; looking to talk to some people for future stories

softball29

Hey all --

A few of us are launching a disc golf blog tomorrow (March 5). As a former sports writer, I wanted to try and see what I could do with a DG blog. It's going to cover many things, but I'm going to be working on more in-depth stories, profiles, interviews etc. -- things I haven't found on many DG blogs. We'll do some of the normal things as well and hopefully we can build to be something good.

However, as I am building and working along with the site, I need to work on some stories and don't want them all to include people in my area or people I know.

So I come to the disc golf community, hoping you can help.

Initially, I am looking to talk to some DGers who dye their own discs. All levels, too. If you are just starting, have done it for a while or just dabble here and there.

I'm also looking to do a feature, that will hopefully become weekly, about what people carry in their bags. I'm looking to make this light-hearted. I'll take any and all disc golfers for this one, so if you are interested, contact me for the details!

The site is Rattling Chains. We also are on Twitter and Facebook if you would like to follow/like to see about other items with the site.

I'm also always looking for good story ideas, people for profiles and all that. So if you have any ideas, I'd be happy to hear about them!

Thanks in advance!

Cool! Always happy to help out...expect a new twitter follower!

Hit me up if you would like, as well. I would even be willing to write for you if you are looking for more contributors. As a former journalist-turned-teacher, that writing itch always needs to be scratched.

I dabble in dyes and have about 10 under my belt. I am an open book so ask away in PM or I can get you my email address.

If you want to cross promote . . . www.thediscgolfexperience.com . . . let me know I would gladly put a link to your site from my site. I am not competing with anyone, i am blogging about what is important to me in the game and why I play. Just let me know and I will add a link to your site from mine if you do the same for me.

Thanks all for the responses. For those of you who offered to be interviewed, I will be sending a PM sometime today with the things I'll be looking for. It's always good to have people interested in helping, especially when I have a list of people I can talk to for future stories!

Hit me up if you would like, as well. I would even be willing to write for you if you are looking for more contributors. As a former journalist-turned-teacher, that writing itch always needs to be scratched.

Journalist-turned-teacher... kind of the same road I am on. The itch stays with you so much! That's why I started this. I missed the reporting and writing of real stories! I'll shoot you a DM today.

The site is up with the first post now. We're slowly moving along.

AND ... if any of you are on Twitter, I'll be doing a Twitter giveaway shortly -- for an Avery Jenkins autographed Allen and Ginter card. Follow us @RattlingChains!