• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Laura Nagtegaal 2019 Amateur World Champion FA40

Can you provide any links to validate this claim?

Hokom has been hammering this point home for over a year now, so it's not a new stance from her. She recently commented on Dacodah Fossel's post about it, totally crushing another female who was spewing false information about how the transformation process affects the human body. He deleted that post however.

Her stance is definitely out there, she is not shy about it. She arguably a lot more to bolster the FPO division than anyone else and feels very strongly on the subject.

I would LOVE <3<3<3 to see MTL tear her apart for her opinion and call her a "disgusting" person too.

I believe she's always been classified as an am. I have to admit, I was going to call her out for not playing FPO but she has played 6 FPO events this year and has won 5 out of 6. To me that shows she's not afraid to put everything out there in the public eye for discussion. That alone earns her a ton of respect imop.

What a no-win situation for the PDGA.

Obviously this person didn't transition in order to win amateur FPO 40+ titles and we want her to be happy with herself, her life, and we want her to play disc golf since she enjoys it. But to suggest that being a man for the previous 39 years of her life didn't have any impact on her athletic achievement is ridiculous.

It isn't bigoted, it isn't ignorant, it's reality. Of course, reality or not, making policy to handle situations like these is almost impossible. The fact that the PDGA allowed her to compete doesn't necessarily mean they think it's fair, it could mean that they don't want to get sued for not allowing a woman to play in a woman's division.

It is also a lot more pertinent seeing that we have a trans board member vs just a one time trans tourney winner. If we are going to have a trans rights activist on the board we should probably have these kinds of discussions.

zGHQb4O.gif

FWIW It was the first time I have ever reported a post. The one with double **** in it. Other than that I thought it was pretty civil. And even that post was attacking the OP and not really the discussion.

I didn't see what posts may have been deleted from that thread but the one before it seemed like it was a vigorous but otherwise civil debate.

What is the logic behind limiting discussion? :popcorn:

Except for JT and MTL's belief that their opinions are holier-than-thou. :sick:

Perhaps their holier-than-thou opinions are designed to inflame and get the thread locked. It is a very common tactic that is being used to shut down conversations.

Perhaps the terms and conditions for this site should be updated.

I as well was surprised that it got closed. It was very civil for the internet.

Should we just keep making threads so we don't get censored? There is a legitimate discussion to be had and we have been silenced from doing so here.

Perhaps you should take your discussion of this subject to another site.

Latest posts