• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Least Favorite course rated 4/5 or better?

As a person who enjoys the tranquility of the woods; without scars of erosion, I'm glad TimG has listed the top rated courses in most played, most reviewed,most favorited...it let's me know which courses to avoid like the plague.

As a person who enjoys the tranquility of the woods; without scars of erosion, I'm glad TimG has listed the top rated courses in most played, most reviewed,most favorited...it let's me know which courses to avoid like the plague.

While I agree with the sentiment, I don't know how representative DGCR members are of disc golfers in general. The most played courses on DGCR might not equate to the most played in real life. I don't think the jackasses playing in groups of 7+ and leaving a trail of beer cans tend to mark courses as played or review them (unless the internet is dissing their home course).

I've been to great courses in fairly remote places, where there are only a few cars in the lot, but you can tell by dg stickers and out of state plates that they are all fellow disc addicts. I would bet that the majority of those traveling players are DGCR users. Whereas at the local city park 9er, the percentage of players using DGCR is minuscule.

The Woodshed. While the property is very pretty, I was astounded how far below my expectations this course was. Most of the course was either wide open or so tightly wooded that it was tough to see a fairway. And the tee pads were awful. I believe this course was in the top 10 at one point when I was new to the site (2008 or so).

I was disappointed I didn't get to play the Whippin Post, which looked quite a bit better.

BRP is respectable. However, of recent its taking a decline in quality. The man made moats are just bogus, and mosquito traps.

Bryant is easy on the eyes but omf its dull to play.

RL Smith
Deis Hill
Rolling Pines
Lester Lorch - Beaver and Coyote
Town Lake
Maple Hill

BRP is respectable. However, of recent its taking a decline in quality. The man made moats are just bogus, and mosquito traps.

Yeah by the shack in middle of course makes no sense and is garbage as well as the new finishing hole :gross:

Doesnt add to course and annoying

Falling Creek Park in VA is also incredibly boring and amazingly rated high. Just wide open and boring, mixed with disc eating juniper trees.
I probably would have agreed, but the back nine was just recently totally redesigned into the woods for the most part.

Langley Pond (currently 4.71, nearing the threshold to contend for the Top 10)

Though perhaps a bit unfairly; I've only played it once, and under somewhat adverse conditions, and only played the long tees for which I'm ill-suited. I need to play it again before I pass final judgment.

I don't mean to trash it; it's a very good course, very challenging. But after a rash of 5.0 reviews, I expected something dazzling, in league with the other courses I consider 5s.
Yep, but it is a DiscGolfPark

Last edited:
I will probably get a lot of flack for this since this site seems to be the epicenter of it all, but I always thought Flip City was extremely overrated. It's a fun course and well maintained but in my opinion it's a 4 star course on a good day. There's only so much you can do with the land given.

^ this x 10000000000000

It's a 3.5 with stacked rocks

Kensington Toboggan. Great course, but least favorite because I can't ever play it. Open to public only a few days, and going on those days is a @#$%-show.

I probably would have agreed, but the back nine was just recently totally redesigned into the woods for the most part.
O RLY? Hmm, I might have to revisit it then. I was very perturbed that none of those holes went into those pretty woods when I was there.
And Rolling Pines for NC. Pretty land, nicely installed but BORING golf.
Hot take!

I think it's a little overrated too b/c it's a little too ball golfy for me but that's more of a preference.

Idlewild.

Good course, great maybe. But its not a 4.76.
A 3.76 would be more accurate.

I also second Morley in SD. Good, but 3.75 seems too high.

dang, you beat me to it!

Idlewild,
Too many poke and hope finishes near the greens on holes, multiple basket types are interesting but dont add to the rating. there are some tweeners. Pretty much every island green is a throw into a grove of too many trees, layup, then throw across the water.
Grass isnt always maintained well in tree grove areas.

Its muddy, murky and dark in many areas, the trees arent especially pretty. I came away feeling, blah.. about it it. I've played 250+ in 40+ states and still feel the same way .

O RLY? Hmm, I might have to revisit it then. I was very perturbed that none of those holes went into those pretty woods when I was there.

Hot take!

I think it's a little overrated too b/c it's a little too ball golfy for me but that's more of a preference.

Hadella just can't drive the holes. And, is jaded because he gets an Ace everytime he plays there.

Latest posts